Cheap Bastard Awards

-
Way back when I was about 17 my girlfriend wanted to go to the drive-in, well funds were real low as I just acquired a 69 Formula S 340 Barracuda. I had to improvise so I pulled the cuda in the Garage put a blanket on the hood followed by my 12" b&w TV and I got to spend one of the best evenings I can remember to date! Cost a little Electricity and a little Ingenuity.

Wanna talk about cheap?

How about just frugal?

If you've ever spent much time with someone, usually a parent ormGrandparent that grew up during the great depression, you will see some crazy stuff to conserve and save money.

This is no joke.
My Wife's Grandmother would actually wash and rinse paper towels and hang them on the clothes line to dry for re use.

Once she sneezed into a paper towel while helping to cook breakfast and then proceeded to cover the bacon with the same paper towel.
I was like "Heyyyyyyy!....you just sneezed on that!"........and she just totally ignored me and kept going about her business.

Needless to say, she was the only one eating bacon that morning.

Way back when I was about 17 my girlfriend wanted to go to the drive-in, well funds were real low as I just acquired a 69 Formula S 340 Barracuda. I had to improvise so I pulled the cuda in the Garage put a blanket on the hood followed by my 12" b&w TV and I got to spend one of the best evenings I can remember to date! Cost a little Electricity and a little Ingenuity.

Did you marry her? Girls who enjoy things like that a few and far.

I've never once paid for sex.

We all pay, one way or another, we all pay.

Wanna talk about cheap?

How about just frugal?

If you've ever spent much time with someone, usually a parent ormGrandparent that grew up during the great depression, you will see some crazy stuff to conserve and save money.

This is no joke.
My Wife's Grandmother would actually wash and rinse paper towels and hang them on the clothes line to dry for re use.

Once she sneezed into a paper towel while helping to cook breakfast and then proceeded to cover the bacon with the same paper towel.
I was like "Heyyyyyyy!....you just sneezed on that!"........and she just totally ignored me and kept going about her business.

Needless to say, she was the only one eating bacon that morning.

older people are very wise about how much they spend and what they save.

when my neighbor passed away I helped his wife clean the basement out, well I must have found 75 tobacco cans full of bent nails, she said he would collect the nails from his jobsite at the end of the day and bring home a container each day and use them to build stuff instead of buying them

the same neighbor saved a maple tree that was planted at his boss's house and was dead so the replaced it. He brought it home and fed it a fertilizer from fish guts from the fish he would catch, the tree is now the biggest maple I have ever seen and has huge leaves!

I just realized this morning that I was pouring my sugar into my coffee from a used parmesean cheese container.

older people are very wise about how much they spend and what they save.

when my neighbor passed away I helped his wife clean the basement out, well I must have found 75 tobacco cans full of bent nails, she said he would collect the nails from his jobsite at the end of the day and bring home a container each day and use them to build stuff instead of buying them

the same neighbor saved a maple tree that was planted at his boss's house and was dead so the replaced it. He brought it home and fed it a fertilizer from fish guts from the fish he would catch, the tree is now the biggest maple I have ever seen and has huge leaves!

Oh yeah I can relate to the bent nails thing.

I tore down several structures with my father in law in order to reuse the building materials to build shelters for animals and equipment on his farm.
I am a pro at making a bent nail straight again.

I've never once paid for sex.

If your married your paying for sex everyday even when your not getting it !
If your single your paying for it by dinners, trips & jewerly !
No man has never NOT paid for sex !
Unless hes never had sex ?

i get splenda from any coffee shop, and every time i go to a movie because my kids i stop at at cosco and get hot dogs and sodas to sneak in the food. I get mad at my girlfriend when she goes shopping and doesnt go to the 99 cent store first. I showed my girl how to drive effiencently meaning drive slow till you reach the proper speed. Im surprised she hasn't gotten a ticket yet for impeeding traffic. But hey at least she got 255 miles to half a tank.

Years ago, we bought our first house. That year at Christmas time, we still needed many things for our new place. So, as a gift, I gave my wife a rubbermaid garbage can stuffed with a couple of pillows. True story!

I had a boss at the pallet factory that kept a bottle of India Ink for the sole purpose of refilling magic markers.

We didn't even use magic markers.

One time I had a paper due for school and had no printer ink! I had no money and no time to get ink even if i had money! I took the black cartridge out and smashed the top open with a hammer. I filled it up with india ink and printed my paper!:hello1:

Also i print everything out at the lowest setting as possible and in black and white ink, unless it is something worth doing in color at high settings. Ink is expensive! It is as bad as gas prices!

Subscribed!!! I needed a good laugh today.

I saw an ad in the local paper when I lived in San Bernardino: "Dodge V8 motor. $50" and a phone number. Twenty minutes later with a flashlight in hand (the light was burned out in the guy's garage), I was the proud new owner of an unmolested standard bore '69 340-6. He took $40 for it.

ill give you 80 bucks right now,,,lol

After reading another thread on here (an older one) I thought it would be funny for members to list their cheapest actions and we can informally vote on who here is the Cheapest Bastard!

This may only be a small example, and I'm sure I'll think of more, but my winter coat for the past two years has a large paperclip for the zipper pull.
I haven't got around to buying a new coat. (told you, not a great example, but a starter).

Are you a Cheap Bastard?
Nope and cheaper isn't always better. :prayer:

My coworker and I take "lunch trips" to refill things we need in the office. Ketchup/napkins/straws from mcdonalds, sporks/hot sauce/napkins from tacobell, Ketchup cups/mayo from wendys, relish/napkins/sugar/salt/pepper from a local hotdog joint.

We try to get our friend to participate in the "Lunch trips" But he ends up ordering before us and running out to the car before we get started hahaha.

We also made a condiment shelf to hold all of it in separate cubbies using brown packing tape and cardboard aquired from random mail packages we received.

Just need to find a good place to get the little coffee creamers.

all my utensils are from fast food joints, and my dishes are takeout containers
I dont watch TV because I have a perfectly good one that no longer receives anything and I wont replace it and I refuse to buy a converter for an old TV that works, so I just dont use it but I wont throw it out either, when I go grocery shopping I look for miss priced items so they have to give me one free when it rings up wrong, I had to put a bigger seat bag on my bicycle to carry all the junk I find on the side of the road when I am out getting some exercise (full can of WD-40 last week, SCORE!)

I buy busch light in the cans and recycle them and everything else in the yard...soup cans go in the steel trailer, cardboard goes in the fire pit and worse of all...mopar parts are rebuilt to work as good or better than they used too...I have even reused paper towels...when I get done drying my hands they go in a box and then to the shop to clean up other messes..is this being cheap or being smart????? granted I dont use them on my paint work but for spills they work great..i go to the dump once every month or so and its mostly plastic I havent found a way to recycle....still werkin on that as times are still tough

all my utensils are from fast food joints, and my dishes are takeout containers
I dont watch TV because I have a perfectly good one that no longer receives anything and I wont replace it and I refuse to buy a converter for an old TV that works, so I just dont use it but I wont throw it out either, when I go grocery shopping I look for miss priced items so they have to give me one free when it rings up wrong, I had to put a bigger seat bag on my bicycle to carry all the junk I find on the side of the road when I am out getting some exercise (full can of WD-40 last week, SCORE!)

You were able to get the converter box free at one time.

It's gonna suck when I quit drinking I wont get that monthly rebate at the recycling center...I'll be so bored I'll have no choice but bang out the crackheads trying to sell us parts for astronomical prices to feed their habit
I don't need to read the rest. You are the winner.

-
Back