Cheap headers...

-

j par

Well-hung Member
Reaction score
Looking at these cheap headers and seeing if anybody has tried them?...
I've had cheap Summit headers on my car for 5 or 6 years now and they I've worked great. Never hit the ground once and not much fitment problems.. couple years ago I wrapped them and that worked fine but now that's starting to fade as well.. I painted them with the high temperature silicone and it lasted the first year. I could just paint them again I'm sure but I was looking at something a little more aesthetically pleasing.. budget-minded of course.. no Doug's, no TTI's...
Screenshot_20191221-182546.png
Screenshot_20191221-182617.png

Will just wondering if anybody else has tried them?.. thank you..

They are basically the same as any of the other cheap ones out there. As far as the coating who knows if it will last.

Looking at these cheap headers and seeing if anybody has tried them?...
I've had cheap Summit headers on my car for 5 or 6 years now and they I've worked great. Never hit the ground once and not much fitment problems.. couple years ago I wrapped them and that worked fine but now that's starting to fade as well.. I painted them with the high temperature silicone and it lasted the first year. I could just paint them again I'm sure but I was looking at something a little more aesthetically pleasing.. budget-minded of course.. no Doug's, no TTI's...
View attachment 1715441037 View attachment 1715441038
Will just wondering if anybody else has tried them?.. thank you..
Those look just like the set of Patriot 8206 headers I just bought for a 78 Magnum, gift wrapped in paper and ribbon, will find out how they fit soon. The picture here looks to be at a different angle but the bends look identical. Might wanna check out whatever reviews you can find. It was Hookers or these. I liked what I read from various reviews so the raw Patriots it was.

Screenshot_2019-12-21-21-50-21.jpeg

Those look just like the set of Patriot 8206 headers I just bought for a 78 Magnum, gift wrapped in paper and ribbon, will find out how they fit soon. The picture here looks to be at a different angle but the bends look identical. Might wanna check out whatever reviews you can find. It was Hookers or these. I liked what I read from various reviews so the raw Patriots it was.

View attachment 1715441044
one of the four reviews said something new like when they open the box they were in a patriot box or something and probably made for Jegs.. like abodyJoe said the question is how long will they look decent...

one of the four reviews said something new like when they open the box they were in a patriot box or something and probably made for Jegs.. like abodyJoe said the question is how long will they look decent...
At $250 as the toothless inbread said in the movie Deliverance: "Why don't you try it and see"?

What? No “squeal like a piggy” quotes?
It’s been a long time since I’ve seen Deliverance. I just picture Ned Beatty in that scene. Lol!

Have you tried the Eastwood high temp manifold paint on your existing set?

Have you tried the Eastwood high temp manifold paint on your existing set?
Yeah that was another option I was thinking of as well... When the time comes I could probably just take them and have them sandblasted and give them a nice paint... After I pull off all that heat rap stuff..

The cheap ones are all the same. Jack the front end up, and you'll probably be fine. If the front end is lower than stock or the torsion bars are weak, you'll flatten the three tubes on the driver's side in no time flat. AMHIK...

The cheap ones are all the same. Jack the front end up, and you'll probably be fine. If the front end is lower than stock or the torsion bars are weak, you'll flatten the three tubes on the driver's side in no time flat. AMHIK...
You did read the first post correct?...

I have a similar set, buddy wanted something different and sold me his old ones for $100. still in real nice shape. They fit in my blast cabinet so i gave them a cleanup and a few coats of high heat somethin or other, bbq paint? Dont remember. Been sitting and curing for 2 years.
was planning to use them in my 65, but im leaning towards using them in my dart instead.
Similar design, but i think they are flow tech.

Nope, different, just looked. I remember why he turfed them. Paint was falling off. The white coating that manufacturer took no responsibility for.
EE50A4D3-1542-467B-B2DE-8F70D4AEBC0F.jpeg

I'm pretty sure with my ceramic coated Doug's there was mention of doing some heat cycles prior to full-on use in order to cure and prolong the finish, just like with paint. I recall doing short runs along with breaking in my engine. Taking the time to do that regardless you'd think would help. Them things come with any finish warranty?

I'm pretty sure with my ceramic coated Doug's there was mention of doing some heat cycles prior to full-on use in order to cure and prolong the finish, just like with paint. I recall doing short runs along with breaking in my engine. Taking the time to do that regardless you'd think would help. Them things come with any finish warranty?
I was kind of wondering the same thing? I did just put them in the Jegs cart and was able to get another $10 off so under 250... Of course I'll probably want to buy that $12 polish to make them fancy lookin... I don't have the money yet but I may have it before the 31st to be able to get the discount. They're down from like 330 or something.. I have no idea if the price will just go right back up or not...

Well low and behold those were the ones that I was looking for! Thank you...
I think they're both kind of coming from the same place their description is pretty much exactly the same. I did look up that t304 stainless steel and it seems to be okay... I'm not sure if I'm liking the reviews on how the flanges fit up to the head though...
Screenshot_20191222-064204.png

You may not be able to reuse your headers after they’ve been heat wrapped. Keeping all that heat in the interior of the headers sometimes makes them pretty thin.

Well low and behold those were the ones that I was looking for! Thank you...
I think they're both kind of coming from the same place their description is pretty much exactly the same. I did look up that t304 stainless steel and it seems to be okay... I'm not sure if I'm liking the reviews on how the flanges fit up to the head though...
View attachment 1715441229
well, I thought the ones you posted were ceramic, the ones I posted are stainless... just say'n.

well, I thought the ones you posted were ceramic, the ones I posted are stainless... just say'n.
That's all I could find I didn't see the stainless steel ones and of course when you look at Summit or Jags there's are out of my price range...

-
Back