Chevy Guys

-
Badart's post: Wow! Did Chev's on and off ,for 2 decades.Never even dreamed ,of using an impact on any engine assembly.

One of my Best Friends has been building Fords all of his life. Big block cars, no stangs, old stuff. Hell of a wrench! If I need a hand, he will drive from Zepherhills to Tampa to help me out. I respect his cars, and I find some small similarity's in the engines. Now that's a brother! Piss on a bowtie. No offense intended.......

Why do Chevy guys wear bowties?
They can remember how to tie them and they keep their foreskin pulled back so they can see....

The "resto" man was just a dumb f#ck in general, don't blame Chevrolet for his stupid ***.

Last night I am at my neighborhood bar. My wife has talked to the bar owner about my Duster. He has told her there is a guy that comes in regularly that restores cars and I should talk to him about the body work. He comes in while we are there so my wife asks him about it. His response is why would you fix that. You should get a Chevelle or some other Chevy because the Duster will cost more than it is worth to fix it up. When I tell him it doesn't matter because i do not plan on selling it he just drones on about how it isn't worth it and I should buy something different like some guys got a duster all set up as a drag car and it wold be cheaper to buy that or he goes on and on about how you can't get parts for a duster. I kept telling him I get that but those are not the cars I want. I don't want a Chevy or a drag car. This is the car I want and I am willing to spend the money to put it together in the manner that I want and then keep it and drive it regularly. He just couldn't wrap his brain around that.

Sounds like a D bag, he probably doesn't want anything to do with restorations, and probably doesn't know how to. Collision work is alot easier money then restoration! My buddies dad did restoration work for many, many years, and said he never came out ahead on one!

Chrysler is now owned by Fiat because Daimler gave up on them and the only thing Chrysler ever done was run Chrysler into the ground. Any of you ever remember Lee Iaccoca and Chrysler's government bailout in 1978 when Chrysler was first going down the drain? After which Chrysler started to build front wheel drive cars abandoning all of us...

I read alot of posts here where many believe Chrysler has it over GM and that is simply not true as GM has always backed their racers with open arms and Chrysler, well their now owned by Fiat ( Fix It Again Tony )

And lastly, me personally, I love the body style of my 64 Signet which I've owned since 85, yet I also love my 69 GMC pickup straight six and five speed as well as my 90 Chevy pickup powered by an LT4 - T56 six speed, road race prepped street truck which can kill most all your beliefs in both cornering and hi-way speed and still run in the 12's with 25+mpg.

That's it in a nut shell with me being the nut...

You have to remember that Mopar guys are a rare loyal breed. Most Chevy and Ford guys easily change to other brands and back again without an issue. Mopar guys are loyal to their Mopars and are the least likely to change brands. This is hard for off brand guys to understand.

Sure, only too bad Mopar isn't loyal to their fans as much as their loyalty to big money

you aint gotta apologise for that guy....we still like ya :)
Hi, my name is John and I own a Chevy....... Please forgive me. I am building a super clean 71 Dart. My 78 Malibu is pro streat and about 600 hp. I know it will put plenty of cars to shame no matter who made it. I built the car myself along with help from my friends the same way I am building this Dart. This is mopar number 5 for me. I hope my chevy doesn't make me narrow minded. I will say I never owned a ford and probably never will. I still have friends that own them, I just dont care for them myself. It's ok to like more than one make, just stand true to the hobby. Please don't kick me out of the family! I'm just sayin...

ill admit that i like all cars but mopars are my favorite . I just dont like the chevy owners , there was one with a big block 68 camaro that everytime he would see me out working on my duster would stop in front of my house flip me off then do a burn out . i had enough of it one day so i fired up my duster ran him down lined em up on a country road and showed him what mopar was all about . never seen him come down my road after that lol.
had another one that bragged about his 427 Rat. i promptly pointed out that a bb mopar was called an elephant and everyone knows an elephant will squash a rat . he didnt know what to say after that lol.
my thoughts are that yeah we all think the brand we choose is better than the the others but we are all car guys so respect each other for their choices and work they put into their cars.

As the PROUD owner of a 72 Corvette, and a 67 Mustang (both of which I restored myself), and a 65 Dart I'm currently restoring, I think there is a heck of a lot of projection going on in this thread!

To all of you guys that think people are 'a##holes' for owning a Chevy, well I think it doesn't matter the make, anyone bigoted enough to only own a single make of car, has got to have a screw loose!

I have been on the Corvette forum for years, and i have never seen a thread like this on there. I starting to think that maybe it's mopar guys who are the 'a##holes', and maybe i should sell my Dart after i finish her!

How convenient for Mopar people to forget that the Hemi was basically copied from Zora Argus Duntov " the father of the Corvette " and the " Ardun Hemi heads " for the Ford flatheads, just a few years before Duntov worked for Chrysler. At the time when he worked for Chrysler Duntov was amazed when Chrysler introduced the Hemi remarking how similar their heads were to his... Anyone can doubt this if they have a streak of republican in them yet lets not for their 1978-9 government bailout as well..

assholes come in every size, shape and form and drive every brand of car known to man. ive had fellow mopar dudes bash on my mopar and had guys in chevelles give me a thumbs up

As the PROUD owner of a 72 Corvette, and a 67 Mustang (both of which I restored myself), and a 65 Dart I'm currently restoring, I think there is a heck of a lot of projection going on in this thread!

To all of you guys that think people are 'a##holes' for owning a Chevy, well I think it doesn't matter the make, anyone bigoted enough to only own a single make of car, has got to have a screw loose!

I have been on the Corvette forum for years, and i have never seen a thread like this on there. I starting to think that maybe it's mopar guys who are the 'a##holes', and maybe i should sell my Dart after i finish her!
Frequent Ford and Chevy forums and don't recall seeing any threads of this nature any where but here.....hmmmmm.....

..i know a lot of Chev and Ford owners..all good guys,and have nice cars.
i don't get too worried about what anyone has to say about my car.

How convenient for Mopar people to forget that the Hemi was basically copied from Zora Argus Duntov " the father of the Corvette " and the " Ardun Hemi heads " for the Ford flatheads, just a few years before Duntov worked for Chrysler. At the time when he worked for Chrysler Duntov was amazed when Chrysler introduced the Hemi remarking how similar their heads were to his... Anyone can doubt this if they have a streak of republican in them yet lets not for their 1978-9 government bailout as well..

Chrysler developed a HEMI head for a 6 cyc in WW2.
Shortly after the war, they put that technology into their cars!

i,m a through and through mopar guy and yeah the problem and bias is probably with us ,but we CANT help it we,re just proud of our product,we LOVE mopars and thats that ,we,re brand loyal and proud of it just like a sportstar playing his whole career for just one club,yes we,re into mopars because we may believe its a better product than the opposition big deal,whether it actually is or not doesnt matter so long as WE believe it is it keeps us DEDICATED to the MOPAR hobby,who,s to say god,s real but billions of people believe in him and even go to war for him,if mopar is our faith so be it ,now wheres a chevy to piss on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

..i like my mopar,and there is nothing wrong with being loyal.
The Syracuse Nationals show field can have up to 8000 cars.
this hobby has so much to offer.

He doesn't have the skill and can't admit it. I wouldn't look for a body guy in a bar any more than I would look for a wife in one. Just go have a beer and forget all the bartalk.

Chrysler developed a HEMI head for a 6 cyc in WW2.
Shortly after the war, they put that technology into their cars!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemi_engine

Chrysler has produced three generations of such engines: the first (the Chrysler FirePower engine) in the 1950s, the second (the 426 Hemi), developed for NASCAR in 1964 and produced through the early 1970s, and finally the "new HEMI" in the early 2000s.

Ardun heads for the Ford flathead were perhaps the first use of a hemispherical head on a readily available American V8.[8] First offered in 1947 as an aftermarket product, these heads converted the Ford flathead to overhead valves operating in a hemispherical chamber. Zora Arkus-Duntov, who later worked for GM and was a major force behind the development of the Chevrolet Corvette, and his brother Yura, were the "AR" "DUN" of "Ardun."

-
Back