Chromoly K Member

-
if you cant get in touch with him pm methrough here tory is my brother and i can pass e-mails or question to him personaly

Cool thanks man... I've been chatting with him quite a bit on these are he has done his homework for sure. I can't wait to get mine.:cheers:

Jason

Sorry if this has already been asked, what is done for upper shock mounts?

I received some great pictures of this new K frame.. Everything looks to be very well thought out and show in the build.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 620
  • 285.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 642
  • 284.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 614
  • 024.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 610
  • 017.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 623
  • 012.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 630
  • 011.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 628
  • 004.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 631
  • 002.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 605
Better get ready for an education in ackerman and bump steer....oh yeah...don't forget turning radius. For going in a straight line in a car with a cage you (not me) might risk it....but on the street...not a chance.
I admire the effort.....reminds me of myself...you should of seen some of the Rube Goldberg stuff I tried.
Mopar to ya'
Denny

Better get ready for an education in ackerman and bump steer....oh yeah...don't forget turning radius. For going in a straight line in a car with a cage you (not me) might risk it....but on the street...not a chance.
I admire the effort.....reminds me of myself...you should of seen some of the Rube Goldberg stuff I tried.
Mopar to ya'
Denny

Denny,

from my understanding all that has been taken into consideration for this product. A years worth of R&D in his own A body (Street/strip) car has been conducted before the first unit being installed in someone else's car.

Jason

OOOO.KKKKK. as long as you are good with that.....Like I said, I admire the effort and I guess I 'll leave it at that.

Ooooppppsey....I missed the way the shocks tower were reinforced for the coilver application...probably taken into consideration, but not needed during the R&D phase

Ooooppppsey....I missed the way the shocks tower were reinforced for the coilver application...probably taken into consideration, but not needed during the R&D phase

I asked about this as well... He said on his car he welded a piece in place but for customers he's have a bolt on piece made so no welding.

OK......you got me....man these K frame posts are allover, there's quite a few of you (fellow Mopar guys) shoppin' your brains out lookin' for the hot set-up....If I can be of any help...E-mail me and I'll give you my phone#(my lips get tired readin' all this)

OK......you got me....man these K frame posts are allover, there's quite a few of you (fellow Mopar guys) shoppin' your brains out lookin' for the hot set-up....If I can be of any help...E-mail me and I'll give you my phone#(my lips get tired readin' all this)

You read with your lips?

Not sure of the terminology. Would it be safer if the tie rod end were connected to the steering knuckle with a double shear arrangement? A friend that used to build trucks built everything he could with a double shear type of mount..........

I guess I should learn to read silently(not outloud).....man..I hate this new technowogy

Not sure of the terminology. Would it be safer if the tie rod end were connected to the steering knuckle with a double shear arrangement? A friend that used to build trucks built everything he could with a double shear type of mount..........

The world is safer in double shear.

The world is safer in double shear.

Ok after a quick lesson in "terminology" Tory showed me that his product is indeed double sheared. If you look at the picture You can see that: A) the ear or that the steering rod is connected to is at un upward angle and B) It's been reinforced or "double sheared" by a angle gusset. He also she that if the customer wanted he could add another gusset on the bottom portion of the bracket.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 633
  • 011.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 641
Ok after a quick lesson in "terminology" Tory showed me that his product is indeed double sheared. If you look at the picture You can see that: A) the ear or that the steering rod is connected to is at un upward angle and B) It's been reinforced or "double sheared" by a angle gusset. He also she that if the customer wanted he could add another gusset on the bottom portion of the bracket.

I'm afraid he's got his terminology mixed up.Hope this helps-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bolt-in-shear.PNG

I would be more concerned w/ ackerman(not to mention bumpsteer)...the inside wheel/tire turns more than the outside wheel/tire....kinda important on a street driven car...I'll bet dollars to doughnuts(I like glazed) this set-up still turns the outside wheel/tire more than the inside...how do I know??? I built a set-up similiar in '95....I'll even double down on the bump steer issue(does addressed mean solved?).....don't get me wrong...I love the effort!

Do you need to eliminate the stock steering box to install a new generation hemi in an A-body?Do you have to eliminate the torsion bars....if you can keep steering box ...the cost and function drastically improves. the torsion bar issue is simply a matter of exhaust interference(am I right?)...maybe solved with a custom shorty or cost effective mod to the current pieces. just spitballing...

-
Back