chrysler officially a foreign car....

-
I had a dork try to tell me my scamp was made by fiat now, and that I was a ricer like him, at first I thought he was joking, I mean who the hell could be that stupid? then the more he talked the more I realized he was that stupid, so I informed him, that the best part of him, ran down the crack of his moma's a$$, Idiot.

None of my Mopars are foreign and that's all I really give a damn about anyway.

I am a Mopar guy to the core. Have been my whole mopar driving life.
It is all I will buy and is all I own. Currently 6 vehicles ranging in age from 1928 to 1986.
I am sure I will ruffle a few feathers out their with my opinion of Chrysler today but I say just kill the name altogether like they did with Desoto or Plymouth. Better than attaching the badge to anything they will make available to us anyway.
I have been nothing but disappointed with their products since the lean burn era. I realize they had to learn a whole new way of building a automobile (copy the Japanese import)to save the company but the k car?
All they had to do to get me to buy a new car was to offer a low to medium price line 2 door coupe V8 manual trans rear wheel drive in whatever new or old name they wanted to call it.
I'm talking about a car a large percentage of their loyal consumers could afford.
It stopped for me with the end of the volare aspen models.
If they had reintroduced the charger in the 2 door as it had always been in the past i would have bought one. 4 doors on a charger. What were they thinking. Deal killer for me.
I was all excited with buzz of the new challenger getting past the prototype. Even seen price estimates that looked good but by the time it got to the dealerships it no longer fit in most buyers price range. What a mistake that seems to be. Thee cars should be all over the roads in a base model without all the expensive options.
. It worked for them with the old road runner, man did they sell a lot of them in 69.
It appears a new Mopar is not gonna happen for me. Its just sad to look back at all the legendary vehicles that I hold at the top of my list as great that Chrysler produced and now they don't have one I would even consider. Haven't since the 80s. Still waiting on them to get it right, if they don't I only have use for their old products.

Dosen't matter to me every car or truck that I have purchased has been a foreign car if you put it in that persective even my last Canadian built Charger was built by a foreign car company. My new Ram same thing as long as production keeps jobs in Canada and the U.S. keeping an industry going should be the main concern.

Meh.... If ya like something then like it and if ya don't then don't.
For instance AMF era H-Ds.

...even my last Canadian built Charger was built by a foreign car company.

I wondered how Canadian Mopar enthusiasts viewed this... If a 'US company' builds a vehicle in the country you live in, it's not really a foreign car to you. LOL.

I have a Magnum from Canada (with Mercedes parts from???) and a Journey from Mexico. I guess if I want to 'buy America' I need to get a Toyota. WTH

As a person who has been out of work for a little while I'd at least like to keep the jobs on this Continent.

Fiat presently owns 58% of Chrysler, and will take control of the remaining interests this year. Chrysler, and Dodge, will "officially" become a brand of Fiat, and a Foreign Owned Company just like Honda, Toyota, BMW, VW, etc.

Ford and GM will remain the only two surviving Domestic Automobile Companies, and of the two, Ford is the only truly domestic car manufacturer, for now.

Where the car is actually built remains secondary. The money, the decisions, and the management of the corporation go offshore. It makes those working for that company here in the states, subordinate to those in foreign countries.

The people who Run Chrysler here in American will do so at the pleasure of the home office in Italy. Same goes for those working for Honda, Toyota. They work at the pleasure of the "owners" in Japan, Hyundai, Kia, work at the pleasure of the "owners" in SK. VW workers labor at the pleasure of the "owners" in Germany.

You can put any kind of spin on it that you wish, the bottom line is, American manufacturing is owned by European and Asians. We now work for them.

...on a side note, the reason we were able to win WWII, was basically due to out "industrial might". We had the natural resources, the man power, the facilities, and finances to out build any one else on the planet. That is no longer true.

I don't like the fact that Chrysler will be wholly owned by another country, and that dislike goes far beyond merely being a "MoPar fan".

Yep, it is what it is. Fiat is big and successful. They make construction equipment, military vehicles and parts, they own the Case/IH ag brand, and have their hands in aircraft. No different than any other buy-out by a overseas company. At least the Chrysler name lives on. I'm like you, I don't necessarily like it but at least the brand goes on and doesn't fall like Plymouth, AMC, or Desoto.

in here All new Chrysler and Dodge car are under Fiat or Lancia Brands.
so do we get new fiat challengers and lancia vipers :)

on the other side USA still out products China if you consider total value of products.
industry just has way more robots, so there is way less jobs.

Who owns it now is of no consequence to me, or my personal tastes! It won't change the fact that I love old muscle cars made by the Chrysler company of those years, and it won't sway my decision of what I feel I have to buy today! If I need to buy a vehicle to get Nella to the hospital for a life changing transplant, why the heck should I care who made it where?? There are so many things much, much bigger than brand loyalty, where something was made or who sells it, or any other factor!! If you start living your life like that, we might as well shut down the site, because all the electronics we use come from China!! And are sold at Walmart!! And, and.......well!!.......

I'm pretty sure that four or five of the seven US branded new cars I've purchased since 1986 were built in Canada (Buick, Chevrolet, Chrysler and Dodge), so even though I've tried to 'buy American', I've been buying North American (and I mean no disrespect to our neighbor Canada). Same for the last few my folks bought.

I don't know about the Ford Tempo, and the Geo Prizm (GM) was built in Fremont, CA (built on the same line as Toyota Corollas back then). I haven't looked at my '13 Charger...will have to check.

Yep, it is what it is. Fiat is big and successful. They make construction equipment, military vehicles and parts, they own the Case/IH ag brand, and have their hands in aircraft. No different than any other buy-out by a overseas company. At least the Chrysler name lives on. I'm like you, I don't necessarily like it but at least the brand goes on and doesn't fall like Plymouth, AMC, or Desoto.

http://www.openmarket.org/2014/01/01/the-great-italian-auto-bailout-courtesy-of-u-s-taxpayers/

As we noted in the piece, much of Chrysler’s profits from its overhauled line are going to prop up Fiat’s failing, money-losing Italian business, rather than to expanding production and jobs in the U.S. Moody’s had downgraded Fiat’s credit rating to “junk” even before the Obama administration arranged for it to acquire a Chrysler stake, and in Autumn 2012, Moody’s gave Fiat another downgrade that the Financial Times described as even “further into ‘junk’ territory.”

This isn't news. Chrysler hasn't been American owned since May 15 1998.
The day the Germans took over and started picking the company apart.

http://www.openmarket.org/2014/01/01/the-great-italian-auto-bailout-courtesy-of-u-s-taxpayers/
Quote:
As we noted in the piece, much of Chrysler’s profits from its overhauled line are going to prop up Fiat’s failing, money-losing Italian business, rather than to expanding production and jobs in the U.S. Moody’s had downgraded Fiat’s credit rating to “junk” even before the Obama administration arranged for it to acquire a Chrysler stake, and in Autumn 2012, Moody’s gave Fiat another downgrade that the Financial Times described as even “further into ‘junk’ territory.”

Yikes!

None of my Mopars are foreign and that's all I really give a damn about anyway.

Mine niether, though my Jeep is awfully close to that cut off year. To be honest, I saw this one coming back in 08, It's only a matter of time now before Dodge is dead, which is why I think Cummins jump into Nissan trucks. They saw the writing on the wall. At least we'll have the glory days.:burnout:

Mine niether, though my Jeep is awfully close to that cut off year. To be honest, I saw this one coming back in 08, It's only a matter of time now before Dodge is dead, which is why I think Cummins jump into Nissan trucks. They saw the writing on the wall. At least we'll have the glory days.:burnout:

I believe "RAM" will live on for a long while.

My big concern is what might happen to stuff like Mopar Performance.

mopar performance? they suck anyway. mostly just stuff you can get elsewhere anyway. ok so it doesn't have mopar performance written on it.. :)

-
Back