Chrysler reviving the Cuda

-
Is it wrong to not be excited about it? Just not a fan of retro cars. However I am a fan of the new hemis and modern suspension in a classic mopar.

All of the new stuff they are bringing out is just too big and bulky in my opinion.

If they do come out with it, I just hope they do it right. They need to make the cuda comparable to the mustang and camaro in performance AND price...

Probably "basterdize"it like every other model that brought back...

"basterdize" as in retro/updated looks like the stand and camaro? Yes, they'll do that. But from the pictures I see, I like it. The Stang looks good, the Challenger looks OK as well. The Camaro is a joke in looks. (IMO)

I would like to see a Cuda hit the pabment again. Plymouth was less equiped and not as nicely done like a Dodge was, I wouldn't mind a "Lighter" car for this as well. I wish I could get one with air bag deleate and no GPS and other such bells and whistles you can not avoid in the newer cars.

"basterdize" as in retro/updated looks like the stand and camaro? Yes, they'll do that. But from the pictures I see, I like it. The Stang looks good, the Challenger looks OK as well. The Camaro is a joke in looks. (IMO)

I would like to see a Cuda hit the pabment again. Plymouth was less equiped and not as nicely done like a Dodge was, I wouldn't mind a "Lighter" car for this as well. I wish I could get one with air bag deleate and no GPS and other such bells and whistles you can not avoid in the newer cars.

And whats your thoughts on the 4-door charger..i'll agree the stang' looks real good probably the only new car i'd buy as for the challenger it looks like an over-sized matchbox car,Mopar/fiat styling department could use some help from Fords..

If they do come out with it, I just hope they do it right. They need to make the cuda comparable to the mustang and camaro in performance AND price...

I agree with that completely, especially the part I bolded in your post, lol. The Challenger is too expensive... especially since Ford started building the new 5.0 Mustangs.

And whats your thoughts on the 4-door charger..i'll agree the stang' looks real good probably the only new car i'd buy as for the challenger it looks like an over-sized matchbox car,Mopar/fiat styling department could use some help from Fords..

The Charger was pretty much a name and nothing more... I like them, but they aren't chargers.

That would cool. Hope they do it and cut some size and weight out of it. Most likely it will just be a rebodied Challenger though.

I would like to see a Cuda hit the pavement again. Plymouth was less equipped ["] I wouldn't mind a "Lighter" car for this as well[;] I wish I could get one with air bag delete and no GPS and other such bells and whistles you can not avoid in the newer cars.

I hear ya ! The only way to get one without GPS , FartzGard , 72,000 air bags , and all that other **** , is to buy one of the Body-In-White Challengers !

Truthish-ly , I think a better move would be for MoPar to bring the Road Runner back ! Base it upon the LX Platform ( really , the Challenger's platform , not the Charger's , as it's too long ) ; make the sucker look like the '71 - '72 models , and don't call it anything other than Road Runner !!!
( okay ... maybe GTX ) .

And , YES , make it affordable !!!
I absolutely despise these damned "packages" !!
What if I want a good sound system and a/c , but I also want vinyl seating and other stripp-o stuff ?
This is especially true with a WORK truck !!

BARRACUDA
The top of the food chain Car and fish, I have always liked the Barracuda E body over the Challenger...
If they do it they better do it right....

I think it's a great idea....whether they screw it up or not. But here's the thing. Before they're done those cars will be 60K to get one. That's what's screwed up the most.

I hear ya ! The only way to get one without GPS , FartzGard , 72,000 air bags , and all that other **** , is to buy one of the Body-In-White Challengers !

Truthish-ly , I think a better move would be for MoPar to bring the Road Runner back ! Base it upon the LX Platform ( really , the Challenger's platform , not the Charger's , as it's too long ) ; make the sucker look like the '71 - '72 models , and don't call it anything other than Road Runner !!!
( okay ... maybe GTX ) .

And , YES , make it affordable !!!
I absolutely despise these damned "packages" !!
What if I want a good sound system and a/c , but I also want vinyl seating and other stripp-o stuff ?
This is especially true with a WORK truck !!
Here it is! Super badass if you ask me, I want one!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9KU1Zc-e7E"]YouTube - Plymouth Road Runner Concept[/ame]
I think it's a great idea....whether they screw it up or not. But here's the thing. Before they're done those cars will be 60K to get one. That's what's screwed up the most.
I agree, the dealers will add a $10,000 adendum to the sticker price right off the bat. Just have to wait a couple years and pick up a nice used one.

Hopefully they trim it down by about 700 lbs. 4200 lbs for a performance car is just ridiculous.

Remember that years ago trying to get that 4000 + car to get up and go wasn't easy. Still isn't but it getting a lot easier

And whats your thoughts on the 4-door charger....

Good lookin car that doesn't deserve the name plate in any way shape or form. I'd own one if it didn't say Charger on it. I'd own one if it were a 2 door, with or without the Charger nameplate, but would prefurrr it named something else. Don't care what they name it, but not Charger.

Actualy, Avneger would have been a better name for the Charger and something else for the smaller actual Avenger. Like OMNI!

that roadrunner concept is the BIGGES PIECE OF **** I have ever seen! mess with the chargers challengers cudas and what ever else you want but NEVER EVER TOUCH THE ROADRUNNER

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 225
BARRACUDA
I have always liked the Barracuda E body over the Challenger...
If they do it they better do it right....

Hell YA! Can I get a AMEN BROTHER!

Hopefully they trim it down by about 700 lbs. 4200 lbs for a performance car is just ridiculous.

At that weight, they were big block cars with A/C and everything else. My s/b Cuda is a few hundred light of the porky 4G lbs. level and made lighter with aluminum parts and lack of sound deadeding equipment. With the amp'd up engine, she'll move! And well!

don't think they will spend the tooling money for the Roadrunner. Maybe the 'Cuda but the photos I saw...won't be worth what I bet will be the sale price. I'll keep looking for a rebuildable 'Cuda (a real one)

"Chrysler" cuda sounds just as gay as a "Lincoln" Mustang.

A 4 door charger is blasphemous to the mopar name- I don't care how much bling and mods you put on it, it's still a friggin, gay 4 door car that looks nothing like a Charger, nothing.

There is only 1 'cuda and that is the "Plymouth."

The road runner concept is cool, much better than a 4 door rent-a- car charger.

They can do something for the "cuda like they did for certain year mopars and just call it a 'cuda with no brand in front of it like certain year Valiants.

-
Back