Cinnamon 75 Duster \

-
Cleaned the snow off and got these pics for @DusterDaddy
Pic 1-The NSS comes up to a connector on passenger side. Pic 2-That goes to a jumper to the drivers side with other end connector below the wiper motor. Wires go into the.bulkhead connector from there. Except for the brown one I am ponting to. Pic 3-That goes to the starter relay.View attachment 1715028098 View attachment 1715028100 View attachment 1715028101
Thank you sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar....

Me and Cinnamon had a great day. Ray @halifaxhops came over to help me work the bugs out of it. I had the timing WAY off. Changed that and now only has a little vibration. MUCH more drivable. :steering: Forgot to check the mileage, but I probably drove it 20 miles or more.

What speed is it vibrating at?
I does it at a certain speed, and goes away if you speed up, then most likely a tire.
Vibrates under acceleration or deceleration u-joint, or bent driveshaft.

What speed is it vibrating at?
I does it at a certain speed, and goes away if you speed up, then most likely a tire.
Vibrates under acceleration or deceleration u-joint, or bent driveshaft.
Nothing like that. Was vibrating without even moving. As said mostly in timing. Gonna get some miles on it then fine tune.

Turned out to be a beautiful day. By the time I got home it was well into the 60s. Popped a dent out of center of drivers door a while ago. Got some filler on it now. Pretty close. Also coated over the patch on drivers fender where it was rusted out near bottom. I saw a small spot of old filler with a crack I need to redo. Otherwise I just have a few touchups and minor dings I need to take care of.

2017-03-27 19.06.28.jpg

put another 20+ miles on it today. Adjusted the column shift indicator to line up better. Also moved the kickdown a little. I think it shifts up better, but not quite right coming back down. Still have the vibration, but overall ride continues to improve. I'll just keep tweaking...

In other news... Been back and forth on this, but I think I am gonna go single stage(which was the original plan). I know most say do BC for metallic. But before BC was the thing, everything but the showcars with 14 coats of lacquer were single stage. I'll get a gallon of PPG JE. I do need to discuss with them... what they showed me recently is same code, but does not use hardener like it did when I got for the bay and door jambs? If I ain't happy with it, I can sand it and do BC later. Using all PPG there won't be any compatibility issues. And I already know the SS worked fine directly over the assorted paint and primer that is on it now.

Last edited:
In other news... Been back and foth on this, but I think I am gonna go single stage(which was the original plan). I know most say do BC for metallic. But before BC was the thing, everything but the showcars with 14 coats of lacquer were single stage. I'll get a gallon of PPG JE. I do need to discuss with them... what they showed me recently is same code, but does not use hardener like it did when I got for the bay and door jambs? If I ain't happy with it, I can sand it and do BC later. Using all PPG there won't be any compatibility issues. And I already know the SS worked fine directly over the assorted paint and primer that is on it now.
You're the tweek meister dude! Are you gunna shoot the single stage at home?

You're the tweek meister dude! Are you gunna shoot the single stage at home?
Probably not at home, but that was my original plan.. If I do, it would be in the driveway. Two problems with that. One is dirt, but the bigger issue is wind. Even a slight breeze (like I had on some of the spraying I did already) makes it very difficult to get an even coat, and you lose a lot of paint. I am looking at other options. Couple possibilities in the works....

First time actually going somewhere. Drove it to work today. No problems. Just some of the vibration I had before and not sure if kickdown is set right.. Either it gets better each time I drive it or if I am just getting used to it, lol. I am getting used to the 'old car steering feel' again, very different than driving the Magnum.

Last edited:
Put Cinnamon in a show today at the local Vo-tech. There were over 250 vehicles from motorcycles to big rigs, but mostly cars of all makes and ages. Managed to get all the A-bodies together (all 3, lol). Had no delusions of winning anything, just a fun day to hang out. I did get some good comments on the slant 6.

2017-04-08 16_00_35.jpg

Last edited:
Put Cinnamon in a show today at the local Vo-tech. There were over 250 vehicles from motorcycles to big rigs, but mostly cars of all makes and ages. Managed to get all the A-bodies together (all 3, lol). Had no delusions of winning anything, just a fun day to hang out. I did get some good comments on the slant 6.

View attachment 1715036796

Now that's cool dude!

Just returned from about a half hour ride. Running pretty nice. It shifts around 20 and 40. Actually shifts quite smoothly if accelerating right through. When I ride in the 35 to 40 area for long it sounds like it's working a bit harder. Have not had it on a highway yet, but gets right up to 60 on the backroads with no issues. Handling seems decent too, now that I am getting used to 'old car steering' again.
I did pull the plugs last week after the show. Burning much cleaner. Not covered in carbon like last time. I saw recommendations here to do gap of 40 with electronic ignition, so opened them all up from 35. It definitly likes warm days better. About 80 here today.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Just keep driving it bet that vibration will go away, everything is in good shape electrically.

Just keep driving it bet that vibration will go away, everything is in good shape electrically.
It's definitely a huge improvement since the first drive. LOL.
Confident to take it a little farther and drive it in traffic now. Not that I like driving anything in traffic.
Should be ready for a trip up your way soon if your ready...

Just let me know a week before so it is open on both sides for you.

Took advantage of the weather today before we get drenched and then colder for a few days. Was not happy with the door to fender line. Looked like both were bent a little. Lined them really close. Did some glaze work on that and the bottom of the fender. Also found a couple small cracks in some old bondo I missed on the drivers fender. Had I caught it sooner, I would have removed all of it. At this stage I just removed the problem area and refilled it. Took care of all the dings I could find. About 10 spots total.
Getting ready to sand the whole thing to prep for paint. Hope to have color on it this month. Just got a set of Durablocks and sandpaper...
2017-05-03 17.59.40.jpg

Last edited:
Spent the day with my new blocks and a roll of 240 grit. That was a lot more work than I thought. LOL. Sanded the entire car and pressure washed it. Still have some spots that need a little glaze to bring them up, but overall its pretty close. Will probably take care of a few of the obvious areas. Then prime the whole thing and do a guide coat.

View attachment 1715046314

2017-05-10 18.35.08.jpg

My advice is stay away from glazing putty, it tends to shrink.
I use conventional bondo and screet it on thin.
Also use a quality epoxy primer.

-
Back