Cinnamon 75 Duster \

-
Ah yes, good catch has as the Feather Duster was 76 only. He changed the front marker light lenses to clear which had me assuming different.

I’ve heard the antenna fender mount is different on the 76 models than previous years. While the photos of that Feather Duster dont have a closeup of the mount, it looks different?
Brought the discussion over here...
I'll be over there getting my car in a bit. Will try to get a pic of that and a few other things.
I never knew of the antenna being different. As for the lenses, I have talked to other owners that were sure theres were original and were not what is supposedly correct. No doubt stuff was done at dealer or just because they had parts left over, etc. One example is the 74 front bumper. Early 74s have the big blocky guards and no shocks. From what I gather the changeover was sometime in Spring of that year. If you look at the bottom of the Flash grille, it is blacked out. We even checked it on the 1975 magazine pic and it was same. Mine is argent silver. Possible the black paint weathered off over the years. Want to check what the feather has.

Brought the discussion over here...
I'll be over there getting my car in a bit. Will try to get a pic of that and a few other things.
I never knew of the antenna being different. As for the lenses, I have talked to other owners that were sure theres were original and were not what is supposedly correct. No doubt stuff was done at dealer or just because they had parts left over, etc. One example is the 74 front bumper. Early 74s have the big blocky guards and no shocks. From what I gather the changeover was sometime in Spring of that year. If you look at the bottom of the Flash grille, it is blacked out. We even checked it on the 1975 magazine pic and it was same. Mine is argent silver. Possible the black paint weathered off over the years. Want to check what the feather has.

Interesting. It would be interesting to find out the build date of the Feather Duster. Was it early in the production run or later? Does it have the foot brake instead of handbrake? Is rear view mirror mounted to windshield instead of headliner? Does it have the two spoke steering wheel and is the instrument cluster black instead of wood grain? Those are all ‘76 MY differences unless the factory was using leftover ‘75 MY parts. If the antenna mount is different too, that would be another. He must have removed the bumperettes.

Interesting about the bottom of the grille. It is blacked out on the Flash Duster but mine is argent (as is yours) and it appears the Feather Duster is argent too. I flipped thru my ‘75 brochures (1975 Plymouth models and also 1975 Valiant/Duster brochure) and the bottom of the grille is argent. I suspect the Flash grille was painted black or the argent paint is completely (purposely?) worn off since it was black plastic then sprayed argent at the factory?

Last edited:
Interesting about the bottom of the grille. It is blacked out on the Flash Duster but mine is argent (as is yours) and it appears the Feather Duster is argent too. I flipped thru my ‘75 brochures (1975 Plymouth models and also 1975 Valiant/Duster brochure) and the bottom of the grille is argent. I suspect the Flash grille was painted black or the argent paint is completely (purposely?) worn off?
Butch was pretty sure it came that way. He said they had to get the car ready to race in 10 days. They would not have wasted time on something like that

Yeah with only 10 days to go to race day, they wouldn’t have spent time wiping off the argent paint. Better opportunities for weight savings elsewhere......:steering:

Interesting. It would be interesting to find out the build date of the Feather Duster. Was it early in the production run or later? Does it have the foot brake instead of handbrake? Is rear view mirror mounted to windshield instead of headliner? Does it have the two spoke steering wheel and is the instrument cluster black instead of wood grain? Those are all ‘76 MY differences unless the factory was using leftover ‘75 MY parts. If the antenna mount is different too, that would be another. He must have removed the bumperettes.
Those cars were already out when I got back there... :(

Cinnamon is once again parked at home. :thumbsup: My AC did not work so well coming home. It was cooling some, but not what I think it should. I had the blower on high and went to turn it down.. the switch was HOT. So turned it off till I can check it out.
Great time overall at Carlisle. Cinnamon in the Duster feature. Hangin out with friends selling parts. Didn't buy much, but was pretty worn out walking around looking.
They gave me a cool plate for the front of the Duster. Tried to put it on and learned I need another bracket. :BangHead: lol
D0662A42-2825-4818-859E-048B0AC0CAC1.jpeg
7F667ACE-53C2-40C7-AC36-DFAAACC67945.jpeg

D353C4D9-39CD-49A4-AD0E-12EC69BE3E97.jpeg

Last edited:
a personal Thank You from Butch for the parts donation. We got to park / display within a stones throw

20200711_154950.jpg

20200710_083310.jpg

I came by great looking cars!! Thanks for bringing and sharing with the MOPAR Nation!!

Congrats! Your car looks great and you keep some cool company. Hemidenny and his group are a class act!

After quite a bit of searching I have a correct front plate bracket! Started with a full search at Carlisle after trying to put my plate on and realizing it would be partly up inside the bumper. Of course at that point I was not even certain what I was looking for. I got a pretty good idea from the car next to me in the show, a 74. He had made his, but said it was pretty much a copy of an original. A lot of internet searching got me a definite # for the bracket 3686 366 seen on part list pic. That turned up more info and more pics that led me to a kit #3753037 that included some hardware. Still not clear what harware actually came with it originally. I bought one off ebay. It came with what is pictured below. The rubber bumper is actually for a rear plate install (guess I need another one of them. Need to verify if my bumper has the holes. The small screw I think was from something else..) There is currently another kit on ebay for $100 - 4x what I paid including shipping, but it appears to be in near perfect condition. Mine had a few scratches...It includes a couple of the screw and plastics plus a pair of the rubber bumpers.

DBE9A253-A7E1-4277-A876-7B52EE2127B3.jpeg

BF59F069-EE00-4237-BBB4-B56AAF339332.jpeg

ECE49F18-B38D-4320-8376-BED02DFA6F7F.jpeg

48747A19-1F96-4DFA-A246-ECC752E54FC3.jpeg

909F2558-9F40-4FC5-A934-EFEB39FAD3EC.jpeg

Last edited:
So, on the way home from Carlisle last year my AC was not getting cold and the fan switch toggle was REALLY HOT. Finally got around to working on it. Cleaned up the contacts in the switch and replaced the other 2 parts of the controller due to more of the air hose nipples broken off. A little forensics and found my prior repairs had no chance of working. This thing is quite a piece of engineering. The slide block pushes down a combination of 3 contacts while sliding a channeled rubber block over the air holes. My repairs were sticking in too far for the rubber to seal the passages. So once I get it back it I can try the air again and find out if I actually lost the refrigerant charge.

27D05327-95FA-4FE3-8C7E-9C84E84183EA.jpeg

D00B387E-4E74-4C42-8A90-21651E26D5CF.jpeg

4234813B-371B-4607-9045-A84FB3855AAB.jpeg

790D3FF2-8FBA-4B22-9D91-CA666CFB5610.jpeg

If it's not too late, slather a bit of dielectric grease on the cleaned metal contacts so they don't corrode up again.

If it's not too late, slather a bit of dielectric grease on the cleaned metal contacts so they don't corrode up again.
Yeah, thought of that after I crimped it back together. :BangHead: Gonna leave as is...

-
Back