Cinnamon 75 Duster \

-
Surprised me to see this. Body color on seat frame under the cover.

2017-05-30 20.26.01.jpg

Are you sure, the rustolem primer will be stable under your top coat.
My thoughts are no.

Got some paintin done...have some nasty runs on driver fender. I might be able to sand and reshoot that tomorrow.

downloadfile-2.jpg

2017-06-03 21.08.49.jpg

2017-06-03 22.40.41.jpg

I'm happy for you Keith. The car is finally shiny again. Your patience is paying off.

Keith, car looks good. Its a darker color when the whole thing is painted. I like it. Hope you got the runs in the fender taken care of today. You'll have to let us know. I cant wait to hear what your experience was like in the paint booth. I hope to be following your lead late this summer/fall. Hopin you have some great tips! Remember you cant blame any problems on the trailer! Looking forward to hearing more.
Rod

Got it done looks great just a looong one this time around. Paint booth?:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Keith, car looks good. Its a darker color when the whole thing is painted. I like it. Hope you got the runs in the fender taken care of today. You'll have to let us know. I cant wait to hear what your experience was like in the paint booth. I hope to be following your lead late this summer/fall. Hopin you have some great tips! Remember you cant blame any problems on the trailer! Looking forward to hearing more.
Rod
It was a mess, still far from perfect but the runs are out. Even with the gun problem, that might not have happened if I had better light. (put good lighting on the tips list, lol) Overall, I am happy with it. Here's a couple shots to give an idea how much different the color looks under different light. Looking forward to seeing it in the sun.
The trailer done great! :thumbsup::thankyou: Will try to get it back to you later this week. Trying to get a day with little or no rai for the return trip.

Last edited:
Got it done looks great just a looong one this time around. Paint booth?:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
All things considered, our 'paint booth' was actually quite effective. I think that sheet of plastic we ran down the center made a huge difference.

Dont bring it home in the rain, Im not planning on needing the trailer so pick a nice day to transport it home. Looking forward to seeing it!
Rod

It was a mess, still far from perfect but the runs are out. Even with the gun problem, that might not have happened if I had better light. (put good lighting on the tips list, lol) Overall, I am happy with it. Here's a couple shots to give an idea how much different the color looks under different light. Looking forward to seeing it in the sun.
The trailer done great! :thumbsup::thankyou: Will try to get it back to you later this week. Trying to get a day with little or no rai for the return trip.
Not sure what happened. Here's the pics I mentioned.

2017-06-04 20.42.43.jpg

2017-06-04 20.44.22.jpg

I haven't been up since the weekend, but Ray had to move it out of the shop. Got a few pics outside. :thankyou:@halifaxhops
Planning to bring her home tomorrow evening.

DSC01537.JPG

DSC01538.JPG

DSC01539.JPG

Cant wait to see this thing in person! Hoping to get down one evening next week. Looking great from the pics! Nice Job
Rod

That's a great color!!!! Nice work; it must feel fantastic doing it yourself!!

That's a great color!!!! Nice work; it must feel fantastic doing it yourself!!
:thankyou: Yes, I am very glad I followed through with the plan to do it myself. It's far from perfect, but I am thrilled with the overall appearance. Spent today cleaning up runs, dirt, even took my chances with the metallic and sanded some orange peel with 1500. Buffed the whole thing out with my 6 inch orbital Porter Cable and Meguire's Ultra Cut 105. Then followed with their Ultimate Polish. Couldn't get a good pic of front. Was getting dim and glary in the garage as the sun was going down, but here is the back. Plan to bring it outside in the AM and look it over for anything else I want to correct before wax.

2017-06-10 20.04.11.jpg

Got it outside this morning to get a better look. Reworking a few areas with compound etc. I guess I won't be waxing anytime soon. Got input from a couple members that I should wait somewhere between 30 and 90 days.

2017-06-11 10.03.21.jpg

Got more assembly done today. Door handles, mirrors, antenna bumpers. When I put the good tires back on, I want to add the wheel well trim. Need to do some clean up and dent removal first. Here's one I was working on earlier today.

784845-74a7effbc63d4d26b31bc8b6c816fa1b.jpg

784846-448141afe46cde8d79e57b959561e217.jpg

-
Back