Cinnamon 75 Duster \

-
worked on it a few more hours today. Temp was about the same as yesterday, in mid 80s, but humidity was up making it not much fun. Got the other side shaped up a bit better. Both sides (along with the rest of the car) will need lots more surface prep. Will need to spend a lot more time on that between now and when it gets closer to paint time. That will probably be sometime next year.

Spent the day on the quarter windows. First thing I had to do was close up these holes on the passenger side. Welded them shut and filed off. Also cleaned up a little rust under the seals. Used rust reformer as needed, primed and paint with rustoleum spray.

image22.jpg

I got the seals for around the quarter glass assemblies from DMT. Self adhesive strip goes on top. Another piece on the car under it. Mine just had two short pieces underneath, but I used it full length as suggested. They also give you white foam strips to tuck in both sides of the bottom rubber. i did the outside, but really saw no point in the inner one. I also added butyl rope caulk on the outside of the back corner. DMT said 2" in and out. I did more like 6" on both the quarter and the assembly.
I picked up an extra set of windows a while back. Ended up using my original on the passenger side, but swapped the driver cause the rubber was messed up.
Also, did the new Supersoft window seals over the doors. Used weatherstrip adhesive against back window assembly and the last few inches up front. Otherwise just held by the little plastic pins and tucked in the track. I was a little disapointed in the shape at the top back corner of the glass. Seamed very lumpy and did not seal well. I think it will set in better after it gets hot.

image23.jpg

I think i understand what these little plastic triangles are now. They never expected the back of the window frame to seal right in the quarter. They are SPLASH SHIELDS to direct the water down the inside of the quarter and away from the interior panels.

Oh yeh, i also painted the latches.

image24.jpg

Last edited:
Smart to cover it all immediately with whatever paint you can get. Keeps the oxidation at bay longer!

Getting some of my interior parts painted. All look pretty good except the passenger a- pillar. I tried to blend in some scratches and it looks crappy. So will be looking for one of those.
I still need to redo the package shelf. It cracked. Considering fixing and cover with vinyl, or start over with a new board. Also want to add a third brake light. Looking at whats available. Plan to put it at top of glass, so wires will need to go by way of the headliner.. Should get that wired in first, so I don't need to move these trim pieces again.

image25.jpg

Last edited:
Put some plastic on under where the back panels go. Grabbed it before it hit the dumpster at work. Got some ribbon caulk at Lowes. Not as tacky as I hoped, but Im sure that was partly cause it was cooling off as I Was doing it this evening. Looks pretty close to what I pulled off (except it had deteriorated and cracked in hundreds of little flakes)

image26.jpg

Lookin Good Keith !! Makin Progress I see ! Any progress is Good progress.

A couple new items purchased from Dan Stern lighting arrived last week. Third brake light and relay kit for headlights.

2015-11-11 17_30_53.jpg

Mounted the brake light. Routed lwires to trunk, but still need to run wire to the brake pedal switch. Put in the other sail panel and package shelf. The package shelf board was cracked and ugly. I used drywall repair mesh tape and jbweld to repair it. Then covered with vinyl, $10.99/ yd at Joann Fabric. (Covered it a couple weeks ago)

2015-11-11 17_36_57.jpg

Quit showin' off Keith. Your doing stuff now that indicates you will drive the car soon :)

Why the third brake light, there is always some dumb as* that got their license some how.

Monday, a co-worker and I are going to lunch in my 2012 challenger, the girl has been tailgating me bad for a long time, I speed up to over 20 mph over the speed limit, she catches up.
Put on the turn signal to get in the turning lane to the right, the girl follows, at the last second she steers left right back on the road.
Stupid chick had her mind set on auto pilot or her phone was too important to drive.

Quit showin' off Keith. Your doing stuff now that indicates you will drive the car soon :)

Maybe next summer... I could actually have it on the road pretty quick if I wanted. No rush though. Will probably keep chippin away at the details, paint it, shine the chrome...

Why the third brake light, there is always some dumb as* that got their license some how.

Monday, a co-worker and I are going to lunch in my 2012 challenger, the girl has been tailgating me bad for a long time, I speed up to over 20 mph over the speed limit, she catches up.
Put on the turn signal to get in the turning lane to the right, the girl follows, at the last second she steers left right back on the road.
Stupid chick had her mind set on auto pilot or her phone was too important to drive.

If they are distracted, or otherwise pre-disposed toward stupidity.. No it probably won't help.

For the average driver who is used to nearly every car on the road having a high mount center brake light, it could make the difference of not getting rear ended.

Snagged these at a local yard today. Originals were all chalky and scratched. Wrong color, but I was painting them anyway. The a-pillar piece looks like the grain is in great condition. its dark green, but was probably painted black early on and saved it from deteriorating like most of the ones I saw.

2015-11-13 17_12_24.jpg

Used positap connector to run a wire to the brake switch so I could get a look at the light. will need to route it better later. Lights up nice. Much better than the pic looks. The new light and the tailights are much brighter and redder than what it looks in the pic.

2015-11-18 18_44_24.jpg

The third brake light came out much cleaner than I thought it would.

Nice weather here today. Put a few things on/ in the car. I usually clear the garage around this time so the Mrs can park in there for the winter. I dont heat the garage, so time to wrap it up till warmer days come back. Got the back interior panals and back seat in the car. Noticed the cardboard behind the seat is pretty trashed, so will be looking for suitable material to cut a new piece for that. Painted the a pillar trim I got recently. Installed that and the metal along the sides of the headliner. Will need to do something with the seatbelts. Most are faded. The cover on the driver/center belt is cracked. Checkin out using dye on AIVs thread ( thanks Al, your adding to my to do list, lol). Some of the other extras are getting stored in the trunk.

Just dropping in to post a pic while taking a break from garage cleaning. Seats and side panal cleaned up good. There was some ugly brown discoloration on the top by package tray that I sprayed with same paint I used on sails. front seat Upholstery is shot. Will price it locally, or may try to find a slip cover for now.

2015-11-28 12_57_45.jpg

-
Back