Cinnamon 75 Duster \

-
Thanks Paul,
Watching for a Plain Jane update... :poke:

Getting closer. Good weather for fixing the garage roof is here now...

Had a pretty huge exacerbation,or flare up with M.S over the last few months. Never had one this bad,but I do know why it happened.Stupid contractors and stress..

Well, it's Spring. Time to get things rolling. I got under the dash last week while it was raining, and think I pinpointed the last leak that has been haunting me. Saw a single run coming down near gas peddle. Seems like it is coming in the front center of the cowl and getting down inside of firewall . So, I got up in there with a gob of neoprene roof caulk and spread it on the spot. Next day I flooded the cowl and saw no leak. Still want to see what it does in a downpour, as this is several times now I thought I had this resolved. If it still leaks, I need to get a bead of sealant across the front inside of cowl (which I may do anyway)
Other than that, I am getting things organized in the garage.

Well.. ( a hole in the ground that is supposed to have water in it). I am starting to think thats what my drivers side floor is. I pressure washed around the window and cowl the other day with no leaks. Yesterday we had downpours and high winds. And I have water on the floor again, same spot as its been. :violent1: The runs where it came in were dry till I saw it, so did not try to trace it back, but I guess I will try to get some sealant in the front edge of the cowl. Its the only place I can imagine it could come from. I figure if I can get it through the grid and spread it across the center to where it drops down I have pretty good odds of getting the source.

Are the wiper pivot seals new? Pretty common mystery leak culprit,the seals dry up over time.

Hmm,windshield gasket new too I guess...

You bet! I did that twice too! Had to lay a nice bead of butyl in the bottom....
This leak is farther front where the metal all comes together above the wiper motor..

I got some sealant in the cowl yesterday, so will see what happens in the next heavy rain. Might be a week or more till that happens.

I was sealing joints in floor at work with this stuff and got this idea. Tested the flow on some plastic and liked the way it stuck to it. I rigged a poly tube and a piece of a busted tube from a telescoping magnet.to get through the grate. Ran it in against the front and let it flow down over the joint where the metal layers together. Cleaned up the mess on the grid with mineral spirits. Then I blew it back uphill with compressed air to force more toward the joint. Made one big oops in not blowing out the cowl first. Hemlock needles had gotten in there since I cleaned it and some churned up and got in the goo.

2016-03-30 05_41_27.jpg

2016-03-30 05_40_43.jpg

Sika-flex is an awesome sealant! I have used it to seal a sidewalk to aluminum storefront in Manhattan. The sidewalk had plastic expansion joints and it had a basement below it. The Sika-flex keeps the water out. Good move on trying it, I don't think the pine needles will hurt the job...

Made a little progress yesterday. Got the replacement lower grill cleaned up and primered. Also did the bumper fillers. I got replacements from a yard for the two side pieces in the back others are what came off the car. Probably could have use the originals, but they looked good and I practically pulled them off the other car with most screws still in, it was rusted so bad. I used high heat primer on them to get them smooth just cause its what I had in gray. Need to get gray flexible bumper paint. Saw some Duplicolor stuff online that looks about right. Need to get it soon, as it doesnt look like they make that color any more. Also started the doors. I have spare glass, but all of them are scratched. Need to see if any can be buffed out and use the best pair. Wire wheeled bottom insides of door flanges and primed. Gonna get new window fuzzies. Then just need a nice weekend to tear out the door guts and rework.

got some wheels from @halifaxhops. the ones on mine were 4.5" wide. I think I will run 215 70 14s, so they were a bit small. Ray took these 5.5s off the Popmobile to run 15s. got them wire wheeled and painted this weekend,
Still getting things together for the doors. Fuzzies are ordered and should get them in a week or so. got 2 scrap doors with good guts for $30 off CL. Passenger glass is excellent. the driver glass has some etched in spots I haven't been able to clean up. May end up using one with scratches and just change it later if I find a nicer one.
While at Rays place the other week we did a junk yard excursion to Klingers. I got a couple nice window cranks and 4 of the right color lock push/pulls.

2016-05-08 18.10.50.jpg

Last edited:
Sika-flex is an awesome sealant! I have used it to seal a sidewalk to aluminum storefront in Manhattan. The sidewalk had plastic expansion joints and it had a basement below it. The Sika-flex keeps the water out. Good move on trying it, I don't think the pine needles will hurt the job...
I forgot to mention - No leaks!!! looks like Sika sealed it. We have had a lot of rain, including a few heavy downpours. Not a drop in the floor pans since I did that. I think I finally got it.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Heres the new tread. Uniroyal Tiger Paw AWP II P215/70R14. Plan to do all 4 tires the same. Only got one mounted to do a test fit and be sure there are no clearance issues with steering. Not expecting any, but I had the option, so gonna check. Now I just need time when it's not raining to swap it onto the car

2016-05-11 09_26_13.jpg

Last edited:
test fit was fine. With the tire straight, I can fit 2 fingers in front and about 1.5 behind. Closest when steering, I can still get a finger in both front and back I now have all the tires mounted. Just waiting for a little dry time to get them on.

Other good news...I got my window fuzzies today! they look good. Inners screw on instead of clipping onto plastic, but otherwise look like originals. I ordered from Joshs Muscle Car and they came from PUI.

I have quite a few parts collected that are better than what is on now. At this point, my plan is to get the car together with the better parts, and then do final paint later. I will be hitting the door jambs, around trunk etc with single stage. will probably paint around tail lights, door handles,etc. where stuff goes on. Might pull some again, but most will likely just get taped..

Last edited:
Just had to share this pic I took 2 hours ago. Got about 2 inches of hail!
No, the new tires still are not on the car. :BangHead:

2016-05-23 17.30.08.jpg

damn - that there is some crazy chit! whatcha mean those wheels and tires aren't on!!? all that pretty new paint and chunky new tread and they're still taking up room in the garage!? :wtf: that's :bs_flag: I suppose you want us to believe you were all busy with other things over the weekend or something...:poke: :lol:

damn - that there is some crazy chit! whatcha mean those wheels and tires aren't on!!? all that pretty new paint and chunky new tread and they're still taking up room in the garage!? :wtf: that's :bs_flag: I suppose you want us to believe you were all busy with other things over the weekend or something...:poke: :lol:
Well, I did find other things to do, but we had rain all weekend...

Weather is kinda crazy *** too. Fluxing from 34 C to 13 C...

It might have gotten into the 70s F here today(20 something C?)before the storm blew through. pic was 2 hours after the storm and the temp then was around 65F

Finally got a chance to put the new tires on. The back end will probably drop slightly when I get the bumper back on. I will set the tbars after the bumper is on. I am working on cleaning it up. Its smooth and shines good, but has a speckled look that I don't think I can do much more to improve...

2016-05-26 19.41.55.jpg

2016-05-26 18.17.28.jpg

-
Back