Come on Edelbrock. Get your act together.

-
A raw casting is better than nothing.
Hopefully Trick Flo will get with the program.
But the again, some guy's are to cheap to pay for real quality and are content with mediocre products, thus Speedmaster.
Mid performance, middle of the roaders love the knockoff stuff.

Mid performance, middle of the roaders love the knockoff stuff.
lol somehow I couldn't see myself sporting Speedmaster products on my engine and wearing a Speedmaster T-shirt and hat at the track. lol
not even at the local grocery store. lol

A raw casting is better than nothing.
Hopefully Trick Flo will get with the program.
But then again, some guy's are to cheap to pay for real quality and are content with mediocre products, thus Speedmaster.
I think 350 bucks is enough money to get a quality dual plane intake like the RPM or Air Gap for a small or big block. It's too much to pay to get a POS like in the original post here.

Anyone ever notice how bad the Edelbrock LD4B's are? I have two or them and the ports look like that, plus the ports are shorter and fatter than the 273-318 intake gasket. So their bad quality goes back to the late 60's and early 70's. I have quite a few Holley intakes, their castings most generally look really nice, their port windows are straight and the same size as the gasket. I believe they come from the Winter's foundry, the foundry that cast most of GM's aluminum intakes, Every one of those that I've seen, always looked nice also.

Anyone ever notice how bad the Edelbrock LD4B's are? I have two or them and the ports look like that, plus the ports are shorter and fatter than the 273-318 intake gasket. So their bad quality goes back to the late 60's and early 70's. I have quite a few Holley intakes, their castings most generally look really nice, their port windows are straight and the same size as the gasket. I believe they come from the Winter's foundry, the foundry that cast most of GM's aluminum intakes, Every one of those that I've seen, always looked nice also.
I agree. I've seen some old ones like that too, but it does seem the good quality was a bit more consistent back then. Frankly, I've never thought much about Edelbrock products, especially their camshafts. Regarding intakes, I've always thought Weiand and Offenhauser were better made products. .....and almost anyone else for camshafts.

(Mornin Bobby!)

I was just looking at there camshafts yesterday. I could only shake my head and wonder, WTF are they thinking?!?!
But it’s not my sandbox.

(Mornin Bobby!)

I was just looking at there camshafts yesterday. I could only shake my head and wonder, WTF are they thinking?!?!
But it’s not my sandbox.
Mornin! All I can say is all the Chevy guys around here love all their stuff. There's lots of Edelbrock suckers in that crowd. One of the guys was recently boasting his engine was 421HP because it had the same cam in it they ised in the Edelbrock dyno test. I looked at him and said "Yeah but that was with their heads" and he says "The heads don't matter, any heads will work". No, I am not joking. I just kinda chuckled. That's their mentality. I just looked at him and said "well it sounds good" and walked off. LOL

You can’t make this **** up!
This was from the same guy that came into O'reilly when I worked there askin me about torque converters. I started with the old adage that the converter was the single most important part of an automatic equipped car and not to skimp. Then he said "Summit has one for 109 dollars". I said "yeah, get that one". LMAO

Ohhh well sometimes you gotta know when to take a break. Doing enough of these I know where to place the gasket to scribe my lines but I use 7/16 bolts when I can to center the gasket. Well when someone self grinds the holes for more bolt clearance at all different kinds of angles it really makes things fun. Then when they stick it in the mill to grind the top of the manifold so the valve covers don’t hit now they took gasket sealing surface that I need to raise the port to where it should be. Please Dont do this guys. If you need more clearance just flip the manifold over and hand drill bigger holes.

View attachment 1716031435

View attachment 1716031436

View attachment 1716031437

View attachment 1716031438

I never ran into holes like that , and have even wrapped the 7/16'' bolts with alum. tape to make them tighter , not that I have done any but my own ...

For what they charge for there products you would expect better quality. That's what happens when you farm out manufacturing to foreign countries and slap your "Made In USA" sticker on it! 65'

For what they charge for there products you would expect better quality. That's what happens when you farm out manufacturing to foreign countries and slap your "Made In USA" sticker on it! 65'
I cannot agree any more strongly. I don't care what the company or any brainwashed morons say, Edelbrock has been outsourcing for years. There's a way they can legally say "made in USA". I think if a certain percentage is made here or some such.....I don't know the details, but one thing's for sure. We're gettin fleeced.

Most intakes seem to generally need some work out of the box. Is what it is. Get the grinder out and crack a cold one!

And come to think of it my six pack was really bad as well.

My last Indy
99037825-538B-4D50-81C4-E3806AB153BB.jpeg

My extremely expensive Barton CR
6DD3FF30-A5DA-4B1B-8636-052E73CD315E.jpeg

ABAF3959-6A12-4ABE-9460-F54AB9844881.jpeg

Last edited:
Ok guys what would you do. This is where the port should be but because the top was milled off you can see how much material is left. I wont rely on that to seal and have a couple ideas. What would you guys do. The thin area is the top of the port. The best area to have.

View attachment 1716031468

View attachment 1716031469
What I would do is, Sell the intake to someone running 318 heads and look for a good used intake.

What is this world coming to?

The Vo-tech where my son knows the teacher in auto shop class had 4 students sign up for next year. At least 30 less. Tools are for sale.

But the cosmetology class needed more room for students. So they took a bay from the auto shop. Blue hair, Black nails, and piercings are the new dreams of the upcoming" Its and them's

My son cannot find any young people to hire and the ones that have started lasted no more then a day or two.

Short story,,
He gave a new hire a job to take the valves out of heads, Then he got on the phone to order parts. He looked over and saw the kid sitting on a chair on his phone. After he got off several minutes later he asked, Whats wrong that you are on your phone? (answer) You were on your phone so why can't I be on mine. Your FIRED!!!

You would not believe some of the kids that he had here. I could tell you worse stories,

Maybe they are making the intakes for Companies.

You would not believe some of the kids that he had here. I could tell you worse stories,

Maybe they are making the intakes for Companies.

Being a Millwright in a steel mill trust me I could tell you some stories that would have you ramming your head against the wall. I retired at 53 after 33 years because of it. Dont get me wrong we had some good ones but I changed my plans of working till at least 55-56 because I was going to choke a few. Phones and coffee, phones and coffee.

What I would do is, Sell the intake to someone running 318 heads and look for a good used intake.
Exactly what I'd do as well. Too much work and will look boogered unless more time is spent dressing up the welding. If it were a rare or already well ported intake then fix it.

Ever since Vic Jr died and Cammy took over and then sold out, there stuff is just Chinese junk.

I’ll update when I hear what the owner decides what to do. If it wasn’t milled off the top of the port all would be well

I cannot agree any more strongly. I don't care what the company or any brainwashed morons say, Edelbrock has been outsourcing for years. There's a way they can legally say "made in USA". I think if a certain percentage is made here or some such.....I don't know the details, but one thing's for sure. We're gettin fleeced.
Well, you’re entitled to your opinion but not entitled to (changing or altering) the facts.
If there actually made in China, any part or in full, please do so disclose the facts.

Well, you’re entitled to your opinion but not entitled to (changing or altering) the facts.
If there actually made in China, any part or in full, please do so disclose the facts.

I almost bought another Victor340 a few weeks ago when they became available and still may. I have one on my car now and my son has one but he hopefully will be removing his car for my shop this year and moving it to Cleveland Ohio and get his butt racing again. I of course have an Indy intake on my Indy headed 422 but like now I usually have another build or two on my stands. Between this and Milidon oil pans I’m really starting to get suspicious.

When you order a new Victor 340 you can expect something like this. Having to elongate the bolt holes (about .090” here) in order to slide the intake forward (in this example) in order to line the runner dividers up with the head/gasket.
Last photo shows I assume “born on date” or close to:

6BD05673-E997-4296-BE43-C005A4486AAE.jpeg

0AD46D87-4B6F-41D2-9830-06BD2E0FD49F.jpeg

2E7BE567-3F9D-4A89-99D3-AB26856F30D1.jpeg

3E2904EC-46B4-4488-AEE7-130AB12F6799.jpeg

Last edited:
-
Back