considering mass fabricating fiberglass "shark tooth" duster grills

-

MaximumTacos

Reaction score
Without giving too many details, I'm thinking about buying a broken up sharktooth, shipping it to a fab plant oversees, and having them crank me out a few thousand unpainted fiberglass copies. I've gotten cost estimates back, and even if I sell the grills for $75 each I'd still be making ridiculous profit.

Think there's a market at that price?

Yeah there would be a market, but I think you'll run into some type of copyright law.

you might.... hence why Lasons was shut down at the big show. But if your selling it for $75 I would take one or two.

I'd be in, love that grill but dont want to spend $1000 for a decent one or $500 for one that need to be fixed!!! Do it!!!!!

Butch

Would definitely depend on the quality of the copy for sure. Fixing up the old ones isn't too bad - the plastic from a cassette tape is the same thickness as the fins so cheap to find.

The standard grills are getting more and more expensive your sharktooth would be real popular.

Sounds too good to be true.....
For that kind of money, i bet the quality won't be there.
Just sayin'......

as a former fiberglass mechanic for umpteen years, i would say that making them out of `glass would be next to impossible. i just don't see how it could be viable and cheap at the same time.
plastic injection molding would be doable though. good luck!

where did you get your cost estimates?....better check .....I think a decimal point might have gotten misplaced a spot or two in the translation.

I bet this dries up faster than the slant 6 aluminum head.

I CALL BULLSHIT!. just to set up a unit to make them and a mold, all the other crap involved, there is no way in hell you could sell them at 75 bucks!, unless you bought 1 million from them up front. i use to deal with a guy that did patents, and it costs like 80k for seting up a machine just to make some of the stupidest toys out there with no itriquite parts. A GRILL, FORGETABOUTIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good quality and good fit at $75.00? If so put me down for 6 or more.

6, thats all you want??????????? Shitttt, put me down for three (3) tractor trailer loads.

What about chrome trim, or bezels? Or marker light bezels........................ Whole lot more to it than just a grille. Sorry to burt your buble. You can tell us it was a joke now.lol

I CALL BULLSHIT!. just to set up a unit to make them and a mold, all the other crap involved, there is no way in hell you could sell them at 75 bucks!, unless you bought 1 million from them up front. i use to deal with a guy that did patents, and it costs like 80k for seting up a machine just to make some of the stupidest toys out there with no itriquite parts. A GRILL, FORGETABOUTIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what took you so long?

6, thats all you want??????????? Shitttt, put me down for three (3) tractor trailer loads.

What about chrome trim, or bezels? Or marker light bezels........................ Whole lot more to it than just a grille. Sorry to burt your buble. You can tell us it was a joke now.lol

LOL, Now that is why I only want 6 plus. If I got them quick enough I could make bank before you flooded the market and ruined the price.

I just got an email with the new shark tooth grill prototype that the OP was thinking of for our A-Bodies.

!B+zMv)QBmk~$(KGrHqZ,!k4Ez+12d-KqBN!2!9M)fw~~0_12.JPG

-
Back