.........Countdown to starvation

-
I wish they would just say. "We're rising the prices because we can" and quit trying to make up excuses.

Supposedly, the US is leading the world in oil production so prices should not be going up.

How much gas do you use in a month? How much has fuel price risen?

If it went up by $1 and you use a tank per week, the increased cost is $92 per Month.

Sure, that’s a chunk of money but if you are living so close to the edge that $92 per month pushes you into oblivion, pretty much anything else in your life could too.

this may humble ya... price of gas this morning $1.21 per litre, same station this evening $1.33 per litre .. that is a .22 cent per litre raise in 8 hours ( this bounce in price happens all the time, up and down like a toilet seat at Tim Horton's eh!! ) For you southern cousins, that is a .68 per gallon raise in a day.

Ah, the good old days!! I remember during the gas price wars here in S. Texas the gas was selling for 15.9 cents per gallon. We would collect used Coke bottles off the side of the road and get 5 cents per bottle when we turned them in at the store. Didn't take long to get a tank full of gas!! We could cruise around all night on 25 FREE coke bottles. The quart sized Coke bottles got you 10 cents!!!! Life was GOOD!!

Treblig

this may humble ya... price of gas this morning $1.21 per litre, same station this evening $1.33 per litre .. that is a .22 cent per litre raise in 8 hours ( this bounce in price happens all the time, up and down like a toilet seat at Tim Horton's eh!! ) For you southern cousins, that is a .68 per gallon raise in a day.

Im sure you also noticed the price hikes are always right at the beginning of summer when people do the most personal traveling.
Their excuses are BS, and it's all about because they can.
Have you ever heard of the oil companies volunteering to eat ANY of the supposed added cost of these excuses? Ever?

It's not just the rising gas cost to the individual that's the concern.
It's the inevitable cost of everything else going up with it that's blamed on the rise in gas.
Food . Etc.

$ 2.75 this morning in Sun City West..3 weeks or so ago it was $ 2.19 and had been for a long time. Agree with others. It goes up because it can.

Almost 4.00 here. 3.85 a gallon at the cut rate station. :BangHead:

It's not just the rising gas cost to the individual that's the concern.
It's the inevitable cost of everything else going up with it that's blamed on the rise in gas.
Food . Etc.
Yes Sir. The dreaded trickle down effect.
Wonder how long it will be before UPS adds the "fuel surcharge"?
One of the many thing that frustrates me...fuel prices climb, station I buy diesel from had a 10% overnight increase. Our electric bill went up about the same over the past year. Yet we got a 2% COLA in our Disability annuities...me no comprehend...

The reason fuel prices are going up is because oil prices have risen. Last year at this time it was around $51 per barrel...now it is around $68 per barrel. That’s a 33% increase that the refiners haven’t fully passed along yet because they are still working through the inventory they purchased a few months ago at a lower price...but they will eventually once they run through those supplies.

88BA39CB-7FE1-47C0-B812-8A79E3B066B2.jpeg

what i never got is when the price of crude goes up, the price of gas goes up INCLUDING the 18000 gallons of gas ALLREADY IN THEIR TANKS. which they bought at the previous rate

what i never got is when the price of crude goes up, the price of gas goes up INCLUDING the 18000 gallons of gas ALLREADY IN THEIR TANKS. which they bought at the previous rate
The same thing happens in both directions up and down. The station price changes based on what they last paid. In the end, it all averages out. I ran a Sunoco station for a friend over the course of a year when he was ill and I know how it works.

Only a select few are gouging.

So the last time we went thru this Congress called in the heads of the US gas companies to grill them (read save their voters). When asked about the ridiculous gouging one company president said to the others "I got this one". He said "We need to put the prices at this rate cause we need to cover costs when prices are low". WTF. So Congress levied a "windfall profit tax". Nothing about getting the prices at the pump reduced, just a chance for the government to share in the robbery.

So the last time we went thru this Congress called in the heads of the US gas companies to grill them (read save their voters). When asked about the ridiculous gouging one company president said to the others "I got this one". He said "We need to put the prices at this rate cause we need to cover costs when prices are low". WTF. So Congress levied a "windfall profit tax". Nothing about getting the prices at the pump reduced, just a chance for the government to share in the robbery.
Cost averaging over a year is good business sense. The fact that the government added a tax to the profits helped keep the rest of us from bearing some of the burden of federal tax deficit.

Everything costs money and having the government get some of it from Corporations ahead of the individual tax payers isn't a bad thing.

The World of business, finance costs, and taxes is a complicated place.

I dont worry about it. Gotta go so I just fill er up.

Guess the oil and utilities companies aren't going to share that tax savings they all got recently.

Not sure if this is known by the masses here but when the Gov. figures inflation, it does not include Fuel and Food! The two things Americans use the most!

Not sure if this is known by the masses here but when the Gov. figures inflation, it does not include Fuel and Food! The two things Americans use the most!
Really? The average food bill for a family of 4 is $200 per week on a moderate plan. The average fuel bill for a family of 4 is $150 per week.

The average income for a family of 4 in the US is $1500 per week. That makes food and fuel combined just under 25% of the total weekly budget. The rest is 75% of what most Americans use most.

The government doesn’t use food and fuel as a major part of the inflation analysis because it is too volatile on a short term basis. The durable goods costs are what indicates true inflation rates over longer periods of time.

To the Congress (and the public) the oil companies justify the high prices by saying that it compensates for the "lows", behind closed doors the oil companies tell Congressman that they can contribute more to the political parties if they can charge higher gas prices......who do you think Congress will side with??? When you have a monopoly it's easy to justify screwing people...................................

I have to wonder, as the technology of electric cars improves, will the oil companies be the players there?? If the hybrid is the general vehicle of the public for the pretty close future, maybe the oil co. want to hit the home run with gas production and prices before this happens?
Funny how a few years ago, prices of everything you buy went up because diesel was so expensive for the trucking co., but when diesel went DOWN, did you notice the price of groceries and everything stayed UP!???/////// Ahhh free enterprise! LOL

-
Back