.........Countdown to starvation

-
I don't understand; You know I'm a Believer right? I believe in the God of Creation, the One who made all things and without Him was not anything made that was made.
Yeah it takes Faith to Believe that. But what about the other options? They take more faith The Written Word is rapidly becoming the go-to for historical truth, even in our devolving society.
It seemed logical to me in 1994 to jump the evolution ship, and I threw in with the writtenby who.Christians...... for awhile. But those folks were mostly clubing; they had no answers at all for my questions. None. Zip. And they didn't care about answers; they just wanted their 20 minutes of pablum and let's have lunch. I was outta there.

I have to wonder, as the technology of electric cars improves, will the oil companies be the players there?? If the hybrid is the general vehicle of the public for the pretty close future, maybe the oil co. want to hit the home run with gas production and prices before this happens?
Funny how a few years ago, prices of everything you buy went up because diesel was so expensive for the trucking co., but when diesel went DOWN, did you notice the price of groceries and everything stayed UP!???/////// Ahhh free enterprise! LOL

can you imagine the strain on the electrical grid if everyone plugged in an electric vehicle everynight....you couldn't burn enough of peabody's coal to handle the demand....the infrastructure will never be in place to handle it, big oil is king, just gotta get used to it....

i work for a power utility company and of course everyone i meet complains about the high cost of electricity and the price of gas, which are no doubt for most people a necessity, but these same individuals will pay hundreds a month for cable, internet and the latest iphone56 that just came out and gotta have....

i work for a power utility company and of course everyone i meet complains about the high cost of electricity and the price of gas, which are no doubt for most people a necessity, but these same individuals will pay hundreds a month for cable, internet and the latest iphone56 that just came out and gotta have....

So very true..30 year employee with Natural Gas Company..Spent a few years collecting delinquent accounts.People wouldn't pay a $ 150 gas bill but when I pulled up they had new cars.. the latest I Phones..Big screen TV's..etc. Got no sympathy from me.

Ah, the good old days!! I remember during the gas price wars here in S. Texas the gas was selling for 15.9 cents per gallon. We would collect used Coke bottles off the side of the road and get 5 cents per bottle when we turned them in at the store. Didn't take long to get a tank full of gas!! We could cruise around all night on 25 FREE coke bottles. The quart sized Coke bottles got you 10 cents!!!! Life was GOOD!!

Treblig
Wow, I remember the gas when I first started buyin it @ ~.97/G. 1985? I remember that price because it was "Ultra 94" octane for 97 cents. I think the cheap chit was ~.86. I thought the 94 would make my car go faster so I bought it on the weekends. Just a few years prior to that we c'\ould return a Ralphs grocery cart from our neighborhood and collect a dime for each one. Then walk next door to Thrifty's and buy a single scoop ice cream for .10. I'm amazed we weren't all fat after the summers.

Last edited:
Wow, I remember the gas when I first started buyin it @ ~.97/G. 1985? I remember that price because it was "Ultra 97" octane for 97 cents. I think the cheap chit was ~.86. I thought the 97 would make my car go faster so I bought it on the weekends. Just a few years prior to that we c'\ould return a Ralphs grocery cart from our neighborhood and collect a dime for each one. Then walk next door to Thrifty's and buy a single scoop ice cream for .10. I'm amazed we weren't all fat after the summers.
Oh you young lad, when I started driving in 1970, Sunoco 260 was 36.9 gal.

The reason fuel prices are going up is because oil prices have risen. Last year at this time it was around $51 per barrel...now it is around $68 per barrel. That’s a 33% increase that the refiners haven’t fully passed along yet because they are still working through the inventory they purchased a few months ago at a lower price...but they will eventually once they run through those supplies.

View attachment 1715169528
They NEVER play that catch up game out here. If the gas price goes up for something like a mid east terrorist attack, or more recently a refinery fire... the price goes up immediantly like that hour to reflect the replacement cost of the inventory on hand. The gas always goes up out here at the beginning of summer due to the stupid summer blend that only CA and Norway refines. No joke, sometimes Cali imports gas from Norway! Then it spikes again when the CA refineries 'change over' from the summer blend to the winter blend. Its a no win out here. CNG is now at 3.09 per "gallon of gas equivelence" up from 1.90 when I first started using it

yes AJ you do qualify for OAS at 65 and even if you work part time you or your wife probably qualify for GIS as well , both are income based so if you lose the part time job they both go up .And the best part is neither is tied to any sort of belief in mythical man on a cloud or magic underwear .Just go online to Service Canada and fill out the applications .

Chris...you can start collecting your CPP @ age 60, and continue to work, if you want. It is a bit less than at 65, but it takes til you're about 75 before you break even.
Yes I know but it is a huge hit , when you go onto the web site it shows both amounts based on your current contributions go date .Taking mine at 60 drops it almost in half and I used 65 because AJ said he is going to be 65 .you can also diffur OAS till your 70 and get a bigger benefit but why take that gamble ? I say get it while your breathing .My point is they both should be getting more than the number she is getting now and he should look into it .

-
Back