.........Countdown to starvation

-
I have to wonder, as the technology of electric cars improves, will the oil companies be the players there?? If the hybrid is the general vehicle of the public for the pretty close future, maybe the oil co. want to hit the home run with gas production and prices before this happens?
Funny how a few years ago, prices of everything you buy went up because diesel was so expensive for the trucking co., but when diesel went DOWN, did you notice the price of groceries and everything stayed UP!???/////// Ahhh free enterprise! LOL
No big deal.............as soon as electric cars become popular the prices of batteries will sky rocket just like fuel prices do??? It's pretty hard to make a car battery at home??

treblig

ALL the parts and pieces of the "electric cars" still are produced from, or as a result of using , oil and gas. Unless of course they are making plastic / rubber out of................um.............Or mining and smelting the steel with..............um...............Or transporting the products overseas by................um.............

When gas goes up, everything goes up, except my wages. I'll be 65 in June, and one day soon there will no longer be a job for me. That's just the way it is up here. So the government dole will be all I get. That amounts to $437 per month, same as what my wife is collecting. That totals then to $10488 annually.And who knows for how much longer that will go on. The cost of my dwelling is more than that, With a negative number left to eat. That is also assuming I no longer have a car to operate, because I can no longer afford to register or insure it, never mind the cost of fuel or maintenance. Groceries and household maintenance alone for the two of us, and my dog,are more than the $10488 annual income. And my wife's meds are not in that either.
What I'm saying is, countdown to starvation is imminent.
There are only three ways to avoid it;
1) sell everything I have spent a lifetime to accumulate, to postpone the inevitable, or
2) walk away from it all, or
3) fall on my sword today, and escape the long slow arduous journey to the grave. or
4) other
But I know that some of you guys (perhaps most) must know, that this is all according to the agenda of the one-world government, who wants WORLD population reduced to 500,000,000, one-half billion. Starvation is a tool that has been used throughout history.
While the OWG is not yet overt, it is plain to see that the "shadow-government" is covertly already operating. It's just a matter of time,boys, so get yourselves right with God, before it's too late.
No I'm not gonna fall on my sword, and I'm not depressed; this end-time business was prophesied thousands of years ago. Actually I'm excited because God has a plan for his children, and no, I'm not talking about a rapture. There is no rapture! Forget about it; Rapture is man-invented imagination.
But God does have a plan to keep for himself a remnant. He always has in the past and will continue to the end. And he also prophesied about that throughout the Bible.
But you have be on the same page as Him.
I'm not gonna starve. and I'm not gonna prep.I'm gonna trust my Heavenly Father to Take care of me..... through the tribulation, just as he said He would. Then later, He will gather his remnant up from the 4 corners, where they were living in safety, far from the action..
But you have to be on the same page as Him.
4) other; Get on the same page as God, and trust Him
After all, is anything too great for God,creator of all that is, was, or ever shall be? The one who breathed Life into dirt, and made it a living soul? Who brings dead people back to life? Who feeds thousands of people on meager food and has more left over that He started with? Who parted the RedSea? Who caused the Sun to stand still over Gibeon, and the moon simultaneously? Who allowed Jonah to live three days in the belly of the whale? Who plucks tax-money from the mouth of a fish, or causes a donkey to talk, or........ well I think you get it.

Welcome to the end-time siege.

Last edited:
Like I said......times were so much simpler back in the 60s. I would find pennies laying in the gutter every now and then as a very young teenager. I would take the pennies and sit on the sidewalk then start sanding the penny down, against the concrete, into the thickness and diameter of a dime. I always kept one dime for a template!! Once I got two pennies the same size as a dime I would pop them into a soda machine (Sodas were 15 cents back then). I would get my soda then use the nickle in change to buy a bag of Fritos at the malt shop. I would use the free Tabasco sauce (on all the counter tops) to spice up the Fritos and enjoy my free soda and Fritos. Then me and my friends would cruise the neighborhood on our bikes (bikes that we built from pieces of other bikes) and eat off of every fruit tree we could find. I survived on wild Chinese plumbs, pomagranates, peaches, figs and occasionally sweet oranges/grapefruits. Then I would go home and eat anything my Mom would let me get away with. We didn't have much so I stole a lot of bread out of my Mother's kitchen to keep my stomach from hurting between meals.
Now (2018) when I see a penny on the ground I think to myself (FREE COKE AND FRITOS!!!!)

FYI - Maybe that's why I became a Machinist?????? When you ain't got nothing, yougottadowhutyougotta do.........................

treblig

Last edited:
Can alway tell when seeding time is around the corner, fuel goes up.
The the next long weekend, it increases again. Then it taoers down until july long weekend.
In the last 10 or so years i have seen this trend.with the exception of christmas last year. It didnt increase. It increased approx $1.00/gallon in the last few months. Extra 50/month.
Im fortunate enough that most of my fuel is a write-off.

When our first kid was born,i was making $504.00 every 2 weeks.
Dint know why i renember that,for a family of 3 we were struggling. For a government pension of 437/mo its forced poverty.
Housing alone wil devour those few dollars.
Any small price increase of any utility or daily staple is another step deeper into hardship.
Good jobs with pension plans help, but for those without,as AJ
Pointed out its not easy.

Try australia...1.50 aud per litre...4.3 lts to the gallon...
$1.50 AUD is about $1.14 USD and it’s 3.77 L per US gallon. That makes it $4.30 USD per gallon.

In this area we are around $3 USD right now and will be pushing $3.50 by the time Summer gets here.

Try australia...1.50 aud per litre...4.3 lts to the gallon...
You don't need gas Down Under..........you guys got:
"Watch me Wallabies feed"
"Keep me Cockatoo cool"
"Take me Koala back"
"Mind me Platypus Duck"
"Play me Didgeridoo" and
" Tan me hide when I'm dead:\"

Cost averaging over a year is good business sense. The fact that the government added a tax to the profits helped keep the rest of us from bearing some of the burden of federal tax deficit.

Ho boy, just can't let this go. That deficit comes from money spent by congress without my approval. Our country was founded by revolting against taxation without representation. I live in Michigan and if you have a minute look up the Flint water crisis. Anybody remember too big to fail? TARP? Nancy Pelosi saying Just sign it, you can read it later. Untold billions in foreign aid. We can't even fix our own potholes for pete sake. My tax money was already spent.

Everything costs money and having the government get some of it from Corporations ahead of the individual tax payers isn't a bad thing.

I seem to remember reading somewhere Of the people, by the people, for the people. If the government won't protect us from gougers who will protect us from the government?

The World of business, finance costs, and taxes is a complicated place.

Not that complicated. As a household I balance my budget. As a business I run a balanced budget or go under. You want to see complicated read the history of social security. Started out as VOLUNTARY and morphed into a monster that the government couldn't keep their hands off of.

Not that complicated. As a household I balance my budget. As a business I run a balanced budget or go under. You want to see complicated read the history of social security. Started out as VOLUNTARY and morphed into a monster that the government couldn't keep their hands off of.
I’m not going to turn this into a political discussion, but the assumption that government runs (or should run) like a business or household is false.

They make no products, make no sales and make no profits...balancing the budget is not a requirement. They only need to govern in all aspects, and that requires funds from where they can be obtained in order to do it to the level that is required to be effective.

Starvation? We have a decent size garden, have had bigger. We can and freeze veggies. Most people have a plot of dirt they can do this on. Anyone with a freezer can source out cheap meat. You live in the sticks, venison is free. This does not even tap on th fresh fish in the big lake 10 mi up the road.
I know, easier to just go to WallyWorld!

Last edited:
I remember in the late 70' early 80's going over the Peace bridge for $ .25 to Canada to get gas, it was so much cheaper than ours. Now its $3.25 to go over, get hassled on our side of the bridge by customs agents , and their gas is a lot more than ours. (eh)
Our gas has been going up hourly. No ****, went to lunch, drove by gas station $2.84 .05 cents more than day before, on the way home $2.90.
It reminds me of Amazon, there was an article where its founder made 12 BILLION dollars the >day< before as his stock empire increased, and today he is raising the price of his Prime service $20. They will choke out every last penny, then what?

I’m not going to turn this into a political discussion, but the assumption that government runs (or should run) like a business or household is false.

They make no products, make no sales and make no profits...balancing the budget is not a requirement. They only need to govern in all aspects, and that requires funds from where they can be obtained in order to do it to the level that is required to be effective.
Doesn't mean they can't "live within their means".

Victoria BC gas prices are $1.52.9 per litre Cdn or $4.51US per gallon today and we expect over $1.60 Cdn by May long weekend , our price increase is almost all a new fuel tax /carbon tax transit tax , so yes government does set the price , more than 1/3 of what we pay at the pump is a local or provincial tax

Last edited:
Really? The average food bill for a family of 4 is $200 per week on a moderate plan. The average fuel bill for a family of 4 is $150 per week.

The average income for a family of 4 in the US is $1500 per week. That makes food and fuel combined just under 25% of the total weekly budget. The rest is 75% of what most Americans use most.

The government doesn’t use food and fuel as a major part of the inflation analysis because it is too volatile on a short term basis. The durable goods costs are what indicates true inflation rates over longer periods of time.
No one I know in Michigan is making 1500 per week. If we did we could probably stop driving 20 year and older cars as daily drivers. Matter of fact a good 40 hour job pays half of that.

Last edited:
AJ is that $437.00 your CPP or your OAS ? it can't be both , I was out of the country for 12 years and didn't pay much in for 3 before that so I have a 15 year gap in my CPP and if I was 65 and retired today I would see about that much from CPP . If your retiring at 65 ? you should be able to collect your CPP plus the OAS .You should also be eligible for the GIS - Guaranteed income supplement which is based on your total income from all sources while receiving your OAS as long as your combined income is below a certain level .

PS I just did a check on the Service Canada site and if I was 65 today and retired I would receive $579 per month based on my contributions to date from CPP alone then I would also be eligible for OAS which is $583.74 base rate for a person who reported income of less than $114,185 on their 2017 taxes , mine based on my CPP pension earnings would work out to a combined OAS and GIS of $1077.20 per month on top of my CPP giving me $1656.20 per month to live on .
PPS . unfortunately I am only 55 so I have to work 10 more years before I can collect anything . Of course the rates will go up and my further contributions will also raise my benefit amount but we know it's a zero sum game at best when indexed for inflation .

Last edited:
AJ is that $437.00 your CPP or your OAS ? it can't be both , I was out of the country for 12 years and didn't pay much in for 3 before that so I have a 15 year gap in my CPP and if I was 65 and retired today I would see about that much from CPP . If your retiring at 65 ? you should be able to collect your CPP plus the OAS .You should also be eligible for the GIS - Guaranteed income supplement which is based on your total income from all sources while receiving your OAS as long as your combined income is below a certain level .

PS I just did a check on the Service Canada site and if I was 65 today and retired I would receive $579 per month based on my contributions to date from CPP alone then I would also be eligible for OAS which is $583.74 base rate for a person who reported income of less than $114,185 on their 2017 taxes , mine based on my CPP pension earnings would work out to a combined OAS and GIS of $1077.20 per month on top of my CPP giving me $1656.20 per month to live on .
PPS . unfortunately I am only 55 so I have to work 10 more years before I can collect anything . Of course the rates will go up and my further contributions will also raise my benefit amount but we know it's a zero sum game at best when indexed for inflation .
Chris...you can start collecting your CPP @ age 60, and continue to work, if you want. It is a bit less than at 65, but it takes til you're about 75 before you break even.

No one I know in Michigan is making 1500 per week. If we did we could probably stop driving 20 year and older cars as daily drivers. Matter of fact a good 40 hour job pays half of that.
That number I posted is the US average for a family of 4 which assumes 2 incomes coming in from the parents.

15249496034781631972552.jpg

65 mpg.... my summer transport... Screw the oil companies !

I like your math, but I'm not expecting to live that long here on this earth,lol. This is a Jubilee year on Gods calendar, and I would be somewhat surprised If Jesus didn't return on the fall feasts.If He doesn't, I suppose we might have to endure another 7 years, if somebody got the jubilee year wrong. But if they missed by a year, then I suppose it could be next fall..... but I haven't heard about the two witnesses yet, so who knows. Damascus is just a few bombs away from being a ruinous heap, so God's timetable is progressing nicely.

Do I qualify for OAS at 65? I didn't think so. But if I do then that might postpone the end a few weeks,lol.
But hey, I still have a day-job, and it's government, and it's the kindof job that almost no-one wants to be without; I pick up the garbage and recycles, and police the landfill station, for a total of 24 hours a week. So when the SHTF, hopefully I won't be the first one to be laid off....... but I ain't holding my breath. The thing is God has taken care of me for a very long time. So far as I can tell, every time a door has shut for me, another has opened, and all I had to do was step inside. So For close to 40 years I have never been unemployed. I never made a lotta money, but it's always been honest work, and the checks have never been interrupted much.This last job was freaky! I quit on a Friday with no future, heard about this job on Saturday, and in two weeks I was on the payroll. God is good.

Last edited:
Gotta say AJ ...you are the last guy I would have imagined posting that last post...lol
Mr Math and logic ?

Gotta say AJ ...you are the last guy I would have imagined posting that last post...lol
Mr Math and logic ?
I don't understand; You know I'm a Believer right? I believe in the God of Creation, the One who made all things and without Him was not anything made that was made.
Yeah it takes Faith to Believe that. But what about the other options? They take more faith The Written Word is rapidly becoming the go-to for historical truth, even in our devolving society.
It seemed logical to me in 1994 to jump the evolution ship, and I threw in with the Christians...... for awhile. But those folks were mostly clubing; they had no answers at all for my questions. None. Zip. And they didn't care about answers; they just wanted their 20 minutes of pablum and let's have lunch. I was outta there.

-
Back