Couple cool pics of my Demon

-
Dude your welds are sexier than some Dr. Dianco DD's. Wow so Impressive! Fabrication Extraordinaire Indeed. I am willing to be your indentured servant for 4 years for a couple Weekends at the track in the seat of this thing. OMG you the man!

http://ihighfive.com

Tim Bruning who has done a majority of the very detailed tiggin on this car is a true welding craftsman.

thanks!

This build is KILLER. I love the fab & welding skills. I'm sure when your done the magazines will be looking for you. When are you getting paint/coatings? I'm guessing we won't see this out carving corners this summer eh? Keep us all updated, loving the progress.

This build is KILLER. I love the fab & welding skills. I'm sure when your done the magazines will be looking for you. When are you getting paint/coatings? I'm guessing we won't see this out carving corners this summer eh? Keep us all updated, loving the progress.

Unfortunately wont be done for awhile. I gotta a ton of mods on the exterior to do still, a few big-$$ items to buy.........since I work for a living, family first.

My brother is a painter by trade, so that's a big help obviously.

A couple end of the week pics.....

Put the motor back in, mocked up the starter...since it's a Quicktime bell, GM trans, 6.1 hemi, custom headers etc.....a cluster of manufacturers, surprisingly worked out for the most part.

Finished the transmission Xmember

5-29-09 updates 007.jpg

5-29-09 updates 001.jpg

5-29-09 updates 004.jpg

I just love the a bodys with all the goodies. This is a most impressive job, details abound, quality is top notch. Thanks for posting your build, seems I'm the one on the b body forum putting in a late model hemi, so I thought to check the a body site, lots of people doing this over here, so do keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing it in a magazine.

RJ,
how much did you have to raise the tranny/shaft tunnel to get the clearance?
Andrew

I dont know an exact measurement....the K frame was moved up 2" but the motor mounts were flipped around so 2" may not be exact. The transtunnel was built with the motor and trans bolted together and the tunnel lined up the with rear housing at ride height. It's for sure 2" + higher than it was.

The tunnel between the seats is tight and feels a little high.....should be interesting when it comes time for interior

Sorry for the confusing response......got a little Captain100 on board :toothy10:

1-9 demon tunnel 003.JPG

1-8 demon.JPG

HOLY ****!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT have you seen g force concepts demon, i think i would probably trade my scamp for it straight up

Looking real good, can't wait to see more. I'm getting to the point where I will have to fit the engine & trans. I decided to go with the Mopar 545RFE trans, It's a big ol' sum *****, but bolts right up to the hemi.

Looking real good, can't wait to see more. I'm getting to the point where I will have to fit the engine & trans. I decided to go with the Mopar 545RFE trans, It's a big ol' sum *****, but bolts right up to the hemi.

It's a 5spd auto and can take fairly big power for a stock unit from what I've read. Not a bad choice on the 545rfe.

Quicktime's bell works very good and is pretty compact, which is a must since I have spacing issues.

A couple pics....

Rear firewall made of 16gauge

A little bit of my OCD, the oil fill and radiator cap are the same. Remote steering reservoir and radiator overflow are the same, that took a little work......I'm uneasy about cutting a brand new $150 reservoir to make a radiator overflow out of it. Equal spacing from the radiator............OBSESSED with details

6-1-09 demon 003.jpg

6-1-09 demon 007.jpg

6-1-09 demon 005.jpg

6-1-09 demon 015.jpg

Hell, just throw some clear coat on it and call it a day. Very nice job.

That Engine bay looks awesome man. Great work :thumleft::thumleft:

What have you been working on? Cant wait to see more pics.

-
Back