Covid 19 / Coronavirus

-

gdrill

I AM
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
There are many threads already about this new part of our world. I see many brush it off like a common cold. Many take it very seriously. Some are probably in full panic mode. I’m in the serious group. I think we are entering a new era of lifestyle choice. People are not sure how bad or not bad it really is. Sure the media plays stuff up for ratings. How can we believe them?

Then I got thinking, a member on B-bodies has this virus. He is struggling to breath. Many of our members on both sites are actually in their senior years. I’m afraid before this is over we as an internet family could very well lose a friend or two.

Take care my friends. May you and your families fair we’ll through this scenario.

I have concerns for those that would have trouble fighting it. I have concerns about the panic. In any war... be it against other nations, or drought, or sickness, laying down the fight will only aid the enemy in beating a people, a nation. The unknowns didn't stop people from sailing the oceans and discovering new lands. Sickness, bandits or anything else didn't stop the frontier west of the Mississippi from being settled. Scarlet fever didn't stop us, the dirty thirties and dust bowl didn't stop us, but then we believed, we prayed, and we didn't lay down. As for me, I've got concerns, but I'm not afraid. Fear is an awful way to live. And I believe God has the final say.

I am in the group of taking it seriously, I have definite concerns for friends and relatives, particularly the elderly. What I can't take seriously is the strange behavior of people panicking and buying truckloads of toilet paper. I read an article earlier today that attempted to explain this type of behavior as an effort to take back some degree of control of their lives at a time when many feel like their lives are out of their own control. I don't wish anyone harm, and would be saddened at the loss of anyone l know.

I work in the service industry and that means I am in contact with many people on a daily basis, any of whom could potentially be a carrier of this virus, I still have to go to work every day and am not about to change how I go about doing my job, if that means I get sick, so be it. I've never been one to worry about what might happen, I deal with whatever comes

I am of the opinion that the news media and social media have played a large role in driving the fear factor in the general public. While I understand and agree that it's important to be informed, it seems at times that there are conflicting stories and ideals. The actions we have seen thus far in attempting to slow or stop the continued spread of this pandemic, including banning any large gatherings, will not be proven in the short term, but I think all we can do is be patient and not allow the panic to become the norm.

I have stated elsewhere on the forum that I feel most for those who are being forced into unemployment as a result of the myriad of closures, all the support staff involved in any sporting venues, travel staff, like airline employees and hotel staff, cruise ship staff, and all of those who are self quarantined. Of course I am also sympathetic to those who have lost loved ones or become ill themselves.
The stock market turbulence is going to have a huge effect on the global economy, signs are pointing to a deep recession that few of us will not be affected by. The experts I read predict that the markets will rebound, and likely make bigger gains in the long term, but those of us whose retirement funds have been or are going to be decimated in the immediate, and are close to the age of retirement have to be concerned how much we stand to lose and how we move forward.

All any of us can do is wait to see how things progress and hope for the best possible scenario, that the research scientists are able to find a cure or vaccine for this illness as quickly as possible.

Be well.

I am in the group of taking it seriously, I have definite concerns for friends and relatives, particularly the elderly. What I can't take seriously is the strange behavior of people panicking and buying truckloads of toilet paper. I read an article earlier today that attempted to explain this type of behavior as an effort to take back some degree of control of their lives at a time when many feel like their lives are out of their own control. I don't wish anyone harm, and would be saddened at the loss of anyone l know.

I work in the service industry and that means I am in contact with many people on a daily basis, any of whom could potentially be a carrier of this virus, I still have to go to work every day and am not about to change how I go about doing my job, if that means I get sick, so be it. I've never been one to worry about what might happen, I deal with whatever comes

I am of the opinion that the news media and social media have played a large role in driving the fear factor in the general public. While I understand and agree that it's important to be informed, it seems at times that there are conflicting stories and ideals. The actions we have seen thus far in attempting to slow or stop the continued spread of this pandemic, including banning any large gatherings, will not be proven in the short term, but I think all we can do is be patient and not allow the panic to become the norm.

I have stated elsewhere on the forum that I feel most for those who are being forced into unemployment as a result of the myriad of closures, all the support staff involved in any sporting venues, travel staff, like airline employees and hotel staff, cruise ship staff, and all of those who are self quarantined. Of course I am also sympathetic to those who have lost loved ones or become ill themselves.
The stock market turbulence is going to have a huge effect on the global economy, signs are pointing to a deep recession that few of us will not be affected by. The experts I read predict that the markets will rebound, and likely make bigger gains in the long term, but those of us whose retirement funds have been or are going to be decimated in the immediate, and are close to the age of retirement have to be concerned how much we stand to lose and how we move forward.

All any of us can do is wait to see how things progress and hope for the best possible scenario, that the research scientists are able to find a cure or vaccine for this illness as quickly as possible.

Be well.

How about all praying that GOD will give someone the right idea to come up w/ something that works !??!

I agree with all of this.
We should take this serious,because it is serious. Claims are that once you get it, and if you recover you cant get it again. Is this a fact?
If its untrue, this thing will keep going round and round until someone figures out how to stop it.
I cant wait for the days when this virus is on the decline and things return to normal. I have a feeling it is going to take longer than anticipated.

We should take this serious,because it is serious. Claims are that once you get it, and if you recover you cant get it again. Is this a fact?

I thought about that also, but have not seen any solid info on it yet.

I thought about that also, but have not seen any solid info on it yet.
If you look at viruses in general, the body goes into overdrive to beat them. If you win, your immunity is high for awhile, then wanes over years. Take the shingles vaccine for example. The first year it is 90% effective, by year four it's 20%. I'm not saying Covid-19 is like this.

My wife and I are taking this serious. We have family members that have health problems and this could become dangerous for them especially the ones with lung or heart problems .

We had plans to go to a relatives wedding near Austin Tx. at the end of the month. We planned to drive and do some site seeing as long as we were down there. (It would have been nice break from winter). Being it was going to be a large gathering of people from different parts of the U.S.
We felt it was better if we canceled all our reservations and stay home. We aren't that worried for ourselves as we are in good health even though we are in our early 60s. We didn't want to become carriers of the virus and cause problems for others.
Right now our area has no reported cases of the virus yet.

If its untrue, this thing will keep going round and round until someone figures out how to stop it.
I cant wait for the days when this virus is on the decline and things return to normal. I have a feeling it is going to take longer than anticipated.

This is an unknown because it hasn't been around long enough for the data to be in on it.
But look at the 1918 influenza outbreak and we still have people die from influenza every year.

Be safe everyone if not for yourselves for others
who can't afford to get this because of health issues.

We were scheduled to go to La. and meet a guy from Ms. to trade cars. We put it off!!
We are almost out of out cat food. No mice anywhere to be found. I can mail anyone some neutered cats!!

We were scheduled to go to La. and meet a guy from Ms. to trade cars. We put it off!!
We are almost out of out cat food. No mice anywhere to be found. I can mail anyone some neutered cats!!
I will roast my cat in an emergency. :)

Chinese say cat tastes just like chicken!???
No question it does. My grandfather was a cop and when I was a little boy he told me a story of having to pick a guy up for slitting another guy's throat. It takes 11 seconds to die from that BTW. Seems the slit-ee served the slit-er alley cat and told him it was chicken.

Stay safe....my company says "if ANY doubt- fix telephone/internet to outside of house only" I'm good with that. I am not too concerned about it myself, that's just how I'm rollin' nowadays. All my kids are at home and we are all healthy.

AoJJAt6fzityBF6sVfbjP4-320-80.jpg

No question it does. My grandfather was a cop and when I was a little boy he told me a story of having to pick a guy up for slitting another guy's throat. It takes 11 seconds to die from that BTW. Seems the slit-ee served the slit-er alley cat and told him it was chicken.
well, I know dog don't taste like chicken...more like striated beef. Dog is all muscle. Chickens dont do **** except eat and ****, so the meat is 'smooth'

well, I know dog don't taste like chicken...more like striated beef. Dog is all muscle. Chickens dont do **** except eat and ****, so the meat is 'smooth'
Something about eating dog doesn't sit right with me. Cat not so much, but no idea what it looks or tastes like. I've had a lot of cottontail and it is very chicken-like. I rarely eat chicken anymore (its nasty), I try to stick to beef.

Really appreciate that link. I run a small business and not only do I have bills but my employees do too. They feel like family and we're not big enough to have a bunch of paid sick days. Trying to protect everyone isn't easy.

"Up here" our Prime Minister has stated to not worry if you cant pay rent. They will "take care of it ". Not sure how he plans to implement that.
Feel sorry for the small biz owners and employees, financial/economic ramifications will last longer than the health issues.
Good luck Wayne

Bought a freezer full of meat for each and gonna pay forward their bonuses and keep praying. Several are older.

Trump just announced a bunch of new policies but none of them look to benefit the average Joe.

-
Back