Cracks me up! A former GM guy

-

74desertduster

Reaction score
So I got my 74 Dart Sport a few month back. It has an awesome fresh 360 engine and runs like hell.

The interior was almost bare except for the front seat but it was cool cuz I got it as a driver and a hobby.

I wanted to pass along something that keeps happening to me and has never happened with any other car I have had.

I cannot drive this thing without somebody making a comment to me at a traffic light, Circle K or wherever I go. It totally cracks me up. And my car is not a show car...never will be.

This Mopar stuff is pretty cool....

Brian

A.JPG

Thats the cool thing about a MOPAR. Its different. Its not the run of the mill camero or mustang.

...another soul converted from the 'dark side'.

Welcome to the Mopar world. You're gonna have fun here.

I actually had been a Pontiac guy from way back....had one Duster back in the early 80's but it was a beater and only had it for a short time.

Thanks for all the great help I have received here!

That's cool. I get more looks in my dart than any other car that I have ever owned. I even had a couple of kids in a double wing fart can honda pull up beside me and said "That car is sick!". That's cool.

That's cool. I get more looks in my dart than any other car that I have ever owned. I even had a couple of kids in a double wing fart can honda pull up beside me and said "That car is sick!". That's cool.

I bet you did.

I used to get alot of attention with mine too, too bad I sold, I miss it.
Looks like your Badart.

71swinger-1.jpg

Hopefully someday my car will be as nice as your dart. I can't even look at your cuda anymore because everytime that I do I start looking for a notchback in the classifieds. LOL.

It,s all good!LOL.I had a 80 yr old lady at the gas station say to me..I remember I had a car that was the same color as yours(Petty Blue),said she loved that car!It was hard not to laugh.Welcome to the other side.

P.S I,m an old Pontiac guy also,my favorites I had were a 69 GTO,400 auto and a 73 Gran-Am 455HO.Very nice cruisin cars.:cheers:

I love a few of them ol'Poncho's. Owned a few as well.

Now, did you get the;

"My Dad had a Nova just like that."

Had a couple dudes ask me if it was a Nova....never really noticed that it kinda looks like it from the back...but only to the uneducated car person...lol

Had a 71 Firedbird 400 and an 80 Firebird.....but this is by far my favorite.

My best friend in high school (1980 grad) used to have a '69 Charger 383 and his brothers and Dad used to race circle track with Road Runners and Chargers at the old Speedway 605 outside of Los Angeles and up in the high desert at Pearsonville.

Was always fun...who knew the cars they were tearing up would be worth what they are today!

Well your certainly right about looking alike since the Duster was made for direct comp. against the Nova.

-
Back