Damper Split In 2 Pieces

-

Mad Dart

Nothing to see Here!
Reaction score
Ok guys why would this happen. It is a PRO STREET supposed to be good to 8000 RPM...........

As most of you know this is on a 410 Stroker that I just put in the car!!

Yes I have been running it HARD. That is what it is for no????

What kind are you guys running.

410 stroker motor 003.jpg

410 stroker motor 003.jpg

Time to test their warranty policy .Looks like it thrashed the timing cover too .Sorry to hear that after all you've been through . Hope this is the last of your troubles..

The balancer can only deal with so much. I agree it should not have moved... But that slippage is not what I'd expect from a balancer failure. That looks to be more like really bad harmonics going on. Who balanced it? Normally the balancer would slip the outer ring a bit.. Not typically force the outer ring back or forwards.

IMO id say its no more than a faulty balancer, Id see about a refund?? I myself have a dampner dilema, i bought a KMJ unit thats 1.5" wide and i had to gring down the timing indicator. What a mess, i cant wait to see what other promblems pop up after this. I think i got the pulley situation under control. Engine is ready to install!

IMO id say its no more than a faulty balancer, Id see about a refund?? I myself have a dampner dilema, i bought a KMJ unit thats 1.5" wide and i had to gring down the timing indicator. What a mess, i cant wait to see what other promblems pop up after this. I think i got the pulley situation under control. Engine is ready to install!

Good news for you on your motor!!!

I agree that it is a faulty balancer.

Yes it took out the cover no biggy I have 2 others and ALL the gaskets etc to fix this except the balancer.

Moper: Eagle balanced it and it was double checked in town before the bottom end was assembled....

Damn that looks nasty!I,m getting a solid one,it,s gonna cost me,but I don,t want any problems like that.MadDart,you can,t catch a break?Hope this is the end of your problems?Did you find your electrical problem?

Damn that looks nasty!I,m getting a solid one,it,s gonna cost me,but I don,t want any problems like that.MadDart,you can,t catch a break?Hope this is the end of your problems?Did you find your electrical problem?

Yes Electrical problem was the alternator grenading internally and was shorting out the Batt positive. Put new one on and fixed it! Been running the DOGGG SNOTT out of it since. I dont baby my engines at all. Run the $hittt out of ummmmm............haaaaaaaaaaa

The car hauls *** that is all I know! It will take me a longer to wait for the part than for it to be fixed.

Thanks Mad Dart, I hope Hughes makes good. heres a pic of my problem. We will see what happens. Sorry if i hijacked your thread.

Is that a 1 piece unit??

No such thing as hijacking in my book we are all here to learn. At least I am........haaaaaa:-D

Is that a 1 piece unit??

No such thing as hijacking in my book we are all here to learn. At least I am........haaaaaa:-D
It's a 2 piece unit, and i really don't recommend anyone to buy one either. I ts just doesn't fit period!:angry5: I thought well maybe it would fit better on a 69 and earlier motor? No timing indicator is cast in the same but only on the right side. Ive checked and called KMJ and the guy played dumb, "well i think there was another complaint about that"

I had the same thing happen to me with a professionall brand. I did get a raplacement balancer from them 3-months later. I sold it at a swap meet. The thing that gets me is, the replacement that i put on the engine is what you have. I guess I better check it before race season. It does piss you off when the stock 100k + balancer last longer than the new aftermarket crap!

The damper I used was brand new and only has a few hours on it. YES it pisses me off.....but such is the case. Goes with what I am doing with it, or $hittt happens!

It will be fixed by this weekend.

My combo is pretty stock compared yours (11.30's). stock crank, 340 rods, KB pistons. I had the engine externally balanced with a weighted flex plate & dampner. I only race the car, shift @ 6300rpm. I was really suprised when the first dampner came apart. If it happens again, I'm putting a stock one on it.

My combo is pretty stock compared yours (11.30's). stock crank, 340 rods, KB pistons. I had the engine externally balanced with a weighted flex plate & dampner. I only race the car, shift @ 6300rpm. I was really suprised when the first dampner came apart. If it happens again, I'm putting a stock one on it.

When yours came apart did it look like mine does??

Ouch. That's the same damper I just put on my 414 last night. Hughes recommended that one to me. Hope it's not a trend with the Pro-Street Dampers.

Did you break yours in on a dyno or in the car? I'd like to go the dyno route before dropping it in, but it's a bit spendy.

Ouch. That's the same damper I just put on my 414 last night. Hughes recommended that one to me. Hope it's not a trend with the Pro-Street Dampers.

Did you break yours in on a dyno or in the car? I'd like to go the dyno route before dropping it in, but it's a bit spendy.

Engine was Dyno Tuned by ou812 Brian at IMM ENGINES in INDIO CALIFORNIA.

I'm curious, do you run a manual trans?
Do you flog it to 6500 in any gear then
jump off the gas or pump the throddle
to get it to pull the front wheels?

-
Back