David Vizard, Uncle Tony's garage, Unity motorsport. Mission impossible Dodge 302 Head porting

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're roosting.
Do you have any idea what port volume the 587 is at that flow....probably not.
I do. I bet about 5 other posting in this thread and maybe 20 more reading it do as well... but you don't. Why is that?
Don't drag me into your cfm piss fest..

In a build you're not even participating in.. Why don't you and Rat get together and show them how it's done.?

Here is the perfect up and running stock 1970 318 with the factory 2 bbl carb and single plane intake.

Great engine for stock 318 power peformace testing, to see what power an untouched stock 318 will make.

As a baseline to the other engines people are building as they are adding ported heads, more aggressive cams and carburation yet still fall into the 318 2 bbl category they are testing.

312622070_5646631748707779_5572613118599647849_n.jpg

1970 Dodge Dart 318 Engine
(with the full floating light rods)

☆☆☆☆☆

Here is the perfect up and running stock 1970 318 with the factory 2 bbl carb and single plane intake.

Great engine for stock 318 power peformace testing, to see what power an untouched stock 318 will make.

As a baseline to the other engines people are building as they are adding ported heads, more aggressive cams and carburation yet still fall into the 318 2 bbl category they are testing.

View attachment 1716031309

1970 Dodge Dart 318 Engine
(with the full floating light rods)

☆☆☆☆☆

How much more power did you gain with light rods and floating pins?

What's interesting.
HP per CFM.
Easy way, HP less expensive and known.
Hard way, HP is more expensive because not everyone is a head porter with equipment and years of knowledge and it's time-consuming.
Easy way not much NEW learned, will be enjoying HP sooner.
Hard way something new which I've NOT learned but leads to new thoughts and more questions none of which I have interest attempting to solve. Some may find joy in this endeavor, but they likely won't share the information and no new product or info will come of it and that is disappointing. Simple porting templates like mopar used to sell would be a useful tool for low budget builders IMO.
Proof that people will argue their opinion never acknowledging each other's VALID points, leading to what we have here!
A failure to communicate well.
I must have needed some strife in my life or an altercation location with no dental consequence as I've read every comment of every page watched all videos, not entirely though and came to this conclusion. This is all to get likes and looks for UTG Ytube channel, go ahead admit it!:lol::rofl:
BUTT seriously Saint Jude's, I'm surprised by the lack of civility, or am I? Good day and Happy New Year! Unless you don't want to be happy, then piss off. :welcome:

Not my engine, but it sure is nice to see an untouched '70 318 alive and well yet.
I still have mine. I have a LD4B and a AVS II to go on but the 2 barrel works so well. I know, a 4 barrel would work better.

4-12-18 175.jpg

It came with them from the factory. You knew that.

I know that. You know that. Probably most everyone knows that.

But it’s being talked about like it’s a 30 HP gain. It’s not. I doubt if all you did was float the pins you’d find 1 HP. And to find that, you’d need a dyno and room like Pro Stock and ASScar uses. And even then, it’s probably still within the margin of error.

Just like grinding all that metal off the rods. Same thing. You might, maybe MIGHT be able to find a couple of HP IF you had a true inertia crank dyno and you are still well within the margin of error again.

And this is why those of us who do this stuff for a living spend our time and effort trying to explain why this is so damned ridiculous.

And then you have the peanut gallery folks who keep fanning the flames of error and act and talk like this stuff is a huge power maker when in the real world any gains you may see, MAYBE will be in the margin of error.

The guys who do this **** for a hobby or for mental masturbation and who have never tested this stuff act and talk like it matters.

It only matters if you are dirt poor and your time is worth nothing. Or you like to sit around and make work for yourself (no customer with the IQ of a fountain pen would ever pay for stuff like that) just to say you did it.

My response isn‘t a trigger. It’s a response to 45 years of seeing things like this and watching guys walk away from the hobby from sheer frustration. And the dollar per smile was so small (if at all) they say screw it and go play golf.

I know that. You know that. Probably most everyone knows that.

But it’s being talked about like it’s a 30 HP gain. It’s not. I doubt if all you did was float the pins you’d find 1 HP. And to find that, you’d need a dyno and room like Pro Stock and ASScar uses. And even then, it’s probably still within the margin of error.

Just like grinding all that metal off the rods. Same thing. You might, maybe MIGHT be able to find a couple of HP IF you had a true inertia crank dyno and you are still well within the margin of error again.

And this is why those of us who do this stuff for a living spend our time and effort trying to explain why this is so damned ridiculous.

And then you have the peanut gallery folks who keep fanning the flames of error and act and talk like this stuff is a huge power maker when in the real world any gains you may see, MAYBE will be in the margin of error.

The guys who do this **** for a hobby or for mental masturbation and who have never tested this stuff act and talk like it matters.

It only matters if you are dirt poor and your time is worth nothing. Or you like to sit around and make work for yourself (no customer with the IQ of a fountain pen would ever pay for stuff like that) just to say you did it.

My response isn‘t a trigger. It’s a response to 45 years of seeing things like this and watching guys walk away from the hobby from sheer frustration. And the dollar per smile was so small (if at all) they say screw it and go play golf.
Like the car part ads for the gimmicks that say "adds 10 horsepower" . If you install 10 gizmo's you could add 100 horse. :BangHead: :BangHead: :rofl:

I still have mine. I have a LD4B and a AVS II to go on but the 2 barrel works so well. I know, a 4 barrel would work better.

View attachment 1716031369

Would be fun to see you run it over to the local "Wheel Dyno Shop" and see what the real life horse power is at your rear wheels, being it's a stock original 2 bbl 318 engine.

Would be fun to know that number.

Screenshot_20200712-020702_Gallery.jpg

Chrysler advertised compression ratios for the 318 engines.

68-73 318 cr.png

1989 - 1991 318 roller engines were also 9.2:1 cr with flat top pistons without the valve reliefs.

20200608_201627.jpg

1990 9.2:1 cr 318 roller engine.
Flat top pistons, no valve reliefs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back