David Vizard, Uncle Tony's garage, Unity motorsport. Mission impossible Dodge 302 Head porting

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured out how to deal with this thread........

Step away for a few days........ let the post count really climb way past where you stopped reading..... and realize you’re not interested enough to try and catch back up.
"Jaded" ... that's the word you're looking for.

They are just in the experimental stages after putting in all of the time to see what is going to work, and what is not going to work.

Screenshot_20230107-183134_Firefox.jpg

Screenshot_20230106-205129_Firefox.jpg

Screenshot_20230106-204841_Firefox.jpg

20230108_150633.jpg

Getting it figured out . . .

Last edited:
They are just in the experimental stages after putting in all of the time to see what is going to work, and what is not going to work.
Getting it figured out . . .
Apparently, someone spending their time on something they choose to do, seems to get other peoples feathers ruffled.
I'm happy to watch him fiddle with those heads, it's not costing me anything to do so.

Yes, they will make basic improvements on them that will out perform the stock heads. Looking good so far.

Screenshot_20230108-145728_Firefox.jpg

Screenshot_20230108-145738_Firefox.jpg

Then on to the intake manifold selection that they are coming up with.

They have a dual plane intake that is coming on it's way. Will be interested in which generation of mopar that will be coming from?

As everyone can see the single plane 318 2 bbl intake that came stock on their 1972 318 base engine, looking like they are now moving on to a Dual Plane intake next with their experiments.

Last edited:
Servedio is finding out the heads hes put hours into aren't cutting it. Its like Vizard and crew know nothing about Mopar. Uncle Tony picked the right guys for this " experiment"
Hmmm.......240+ cfm from a "Quiky" port isn't cutting what exactly?

Go get a quote for him to port those castings to 240 cfm, ready to bolt on and come back with that figure.
I'm not sure what that has to do with a build, no one is charging hours on. Might as well count up all the useless hours people spend here and put a dollar value on it.

Wow after five pages....................finally made it to the end ???? again........
With all of this, here is all i can add
When listening to DV, if you set the video speed to 1.5 speed, it manageable. Not dishing on the man just adding a suggestion. :thumbsup::popcorn:

Servedio says it more than once in this video . If you watch until the end he will say "had I known that (302 head) this was the worst flowing cylinder head for that 318 I wouldn't have chosen it..." or something to that effect. Right here is the proof coming right from Charles Servedios mouth. Hurry up and get some 302 heads I think I saw a set for $750:)
I do perceive this as C. Servedio is saying " this is a PITA". This is why 318s are impractical to mod for performance.The first thing to go should be the heads in favor of aftermarket or 340/360 pieces, then there is the compression. Servedio has hours into these heads who would pay for this in the real world and cost vs performance gained would it be worth it? We see here that yes they are closed chamber and raise compression...easy bolt on for the 318 guy, but they are small cast ports and don't flow. Once again its like a dog chasing its tail.

Last edited:
Servedio says it more than once in this video . If you watch until the end he will say "had I known that (302 head) this was the worst flowing cylinder head for that 318 I wouldn't have chosen it..." or something to that effect. So Baker lite or whatever your name is you quote me just to argue which is why you are on ignore. I posted this video for all to see how uninformed you are, yet you want to quote me and accuse me of returning with sour grapes. Right here is the proof coming right from Charles Servedios mouth.

Yep they are Junk. He only got 240+ cfm out of those tiny things.

Servedio says it more than once in this video . If you watch until the end he will say "had I known that (302 head) this was the worst flowing cylinder head for that 318 I wouldn't have chosen it..." or something to that effect. Right here is the proof coming right from Charles Servedios mouth. Hurry up and get some 302 heads I think I saw a set for $750 LOL!

That's got nothing to do with whether the heads are "cutting it" or not, does it? He's still getting some good numbers out of them for what they are.
You know, you've tried to make something out to be what it's not, so just give it a break.

Dual Plane 318 2 barrel intake manifold coming next:

Here is an interesting good flowing mopar 318/360 intake possibility.

Looking like it has the correct 318 port sizes on it too. (not too large that would create a big step to get into the 318 head ports).

Perfect for gasket matching the intake manifold to the 302 swirl port heads.

Smooth Port Flow

Has a nice cut out at the carb mount area too.

Screenshot_20230109-070713_Firefox.jpg

Screenshot_20230109-065924_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230109-071244_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230109-071152_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230109-070058_Gallery.jpg

Wow after five pages....................finally made it to the end ???? again........
With all of this, here is all i can add
When listening to DV, if you set the video speed to 1.5 speed, it manageable. Not dishing on the man just adding a suggestion. :thumbsup::popcorn:
People do like short snippets of info on YT. I think 10 minutes or less is the recommended. Any more than that and attention span is lost. A video with an hours worth of info is best broken down into six videos of 10 minutes each.

People do like short snippets of info on YT. I think 10 minutes or less is the recommended. Any more than that and attention span is lost. A video with an hours worth of info is best broken down into six videos of 10 minutes each.
You Tube "shorts" are quite popular.

I agree. if i'm surfing and find something kind interesting and it 10 minutes long i will click on it and if its a 30 plus i may or may not get back to it.

I really don't like shorts, feel like i'm on tic talk :rolleyes:
I watch a few shorts from people I don't subscribe to. Mostly are wood turning and machine shop stuff. Oh and some music stuff like guitar riffs.

I watch a few shorts from people I don't subscribe to. Mostly are wood turning and machine shop stuff. Oh and some music stuff like guitar riffs.
Shorts to me are sheer entertainment. I expect to learn nothing from them, although some are useful tips.

I can think of several things very quickly that would help people and only take 10 minutes or less to explain. Setting valves opening closing method, finding and marking damper for top dead center with the head off, making sure dial pins are installed deep enough BEFORE torquing down heads, how to pre oil a freshly built engine, checking for full throttle before heading to the track, and the list could go on forever.

Go get a quote for him to port those castings to 240 cfm, ready to bolt on and come back with that figure.
One thing I should point out is that Charles is not a professional porter.
He's an Electrician, that's his day job. And he tinkers with this stuff in his spare time.
I know people around here blew their loads when he mentioned fiddling with that port for 24 hours, well in this next video, listen to how long he's been playing with the Chev TBI stuff. You're going to need more than one box of tissues.. :)
He did say once he likes to make HP, not just buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back