David Vizard, Uncle Tony's garage, Unity motorsport. Mission impossible Dodge 302 Head porting

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait till these eager followers find out what it costs to do the work Charles is doing! That would shut them up quickly....
A few of those eager followers would rather live vicariously . imagine the dudes caught when the guy remote starts the car they jump off after posing for pics on it. That's these guys when somebody calls them out for not being able to do it themselves.

Last edited:
" I would use these heads too if I were going to throw them on a junk motor..."

To each their own . Hopefully the motor is a usable core after those cracked dog turds open uo enoug to hydrolock the cylinder on cold start.

215 cfm for j head, duh.
Less peak for the f'agnum , duh again.
This is entertaining alright..lmao
No hate on the mag'em head, just fun to pick on like any other 'mostly cracked when you pull them' head.

Last edited:
Is the main reason the magnum head respond well to a basic 4bbl headers and cam compared to LA cause how well the exhaust port flows ? Image low lift intake flow numbers and swirl also chamber plays a role too.

215 cfm for j head, duh.

I rememeber JohnGTX the guy with the 318 that runs 11's in a 4000 pound wagon saying this about those heads:
I was shocked how well the stock 302 flowed compared to
my best 202 X heads up to max lift of 390 on the same bench even with the tiny valves (Hint: well over 200 CFMS's with the
right valve job.
Its amazing what some people can get out of those tiny heads.

Broken record^^^
@Hysteric but what can you do besides refer us to someone else's work?

@GTX JOHN You're name is thrown in the ring, again. You must know this person, why else would they constantly refer to you. How about you clarify what that quote of yours meant so hystericles can get a clearer picture.

Go fast with small, low flowing heads?

My friends 350 Pontiac stocker has been 10.80@123 with heads that flow 200.

With a race weight of 3300lbs....... yeh...... it’s well over 1hp/ci.

49E9BD22-BD57-4B17-B007-FD52B9BC4218.jpeg

Last edited:

View attachment 1716062292
Yeah but it's about the
"tiny" & "11's" theme...
and NOT what actually runs faster at the track.
:D
Moroso 1/4 slide calculator. classic:thumbsup:
Used to watch 71 demon go 10.8 g stock agaisnt 396 camaros doing 11's.

View attachment 1716062292
Now take away 32 Cubes use a smaller valve, 1.78 to be exact and ADD 700 POUNDS and..........Its not running 10's :lol:

Broken record^^^
@Hysteric but what can you do besides refer us to someone else's work?

@GTX JOHN You're name is thrown in the ring, again. You must know this person, why else would they constantly refer to you. How about you clarify what that quote of yours meant so hystericles can get a clearer picture.
Looking for excuses again instead of working harder to get better........Maybe contact Charles and ask him how he manages to get 240 cfm from a QUICKIE port. Oh and here's a tip maybe use a decent valve like a Ferrea with an undercut stem. Good valves make a difference.

NHRA weight for a 155/230 318 volare wagon is under 3450........ before you take weight out to get it closer to the top of the weight break.
In N/SA it could weigh as little as 3510 with driver.

Edit: I see it’s an Aspen, not a Volare.
Nhra weight for that is a few lbs more, 3457.......... could still weigh 3510 with driver in N/SA.

Last edited:
Looking for excuses again instead of working harder to get better........Maybe contact Charles and ask him how he manages to get 240 cfm from a QUICKIE port. Oh and here's a tip maybe use a decent valve like a Ferrea with an undercut stem. Good valves make a difference.
You of all people shouldn't be telling me **** about valve cylinder heads or anything about a quickie port.

Which came 1st? the researched or the quickie...see.. you don't even understand the quickie port and what it represents... it's called that guy didn't know **** about that head and where the water was so he experimented/worked carefully till he got the number he liked and realized there's plenty of meat ..you could lay it back flat down to the floor you like.
In other words the "quickie" port was a researched planned execution, dummy.
You are beyond childish.:popcorn:

Irrespective of the weight here's an inconvenient fact:

GTX JOHN said:
I was shocked how well the stock 302 flowed compared to
my best 202 X heads up to max lift of 390 on the same bench even with the tiny valves (Hint: well over 200 CFMS's with the
right valve job.

Looks like John knows something you don't.

You of all people shouldn't be telling me **** about valve cylinder heads or anything about a quickie port.

Which came 1st? the researched or the quickie...see.. you don't even understand the quickie port and what it represents... it's called that guy didn't know **** about that head and where the water was so he experimented/worked carefully till he got the number he liked and realized there's plenty of meat ..you could lay it back flat down to the floor you like.
In other words the "quickie" port was a researched planned execution, dummy.
You are beyond childish.:popcorn:
Yes you already know everything there is to know about heads............

Irrespective of the weight here's an inconvenient fact:

Looks like John knows something I don't.

Yes you know more pertaining to cyl heads than I do..........
Fixed.
He definitely knows something you don't AND he has done it while you have merely dreamt of it.

I think you need address PRH post on the weight in that class. All you keep doing is repeating the same gibberish. I seriously believe you have feelings for John and would like to be his cupcake after all the double fisted twisters you're giving his quotes...

One thing I had forgotten, which you have reminded me of.....

Don’t bother responding to anything hysteric posts........ especially if it has any hint of a negative connotation about 318’s and/or 302 heads.

Fixed.
He definitely knows something you don't AND he has done it while you have merely dreamt of it.

I think you need address PRH post on the weight in that class. All you keep doing is repeating the same gibberish. I seriously believe you have feelings for John and would like to be his cupcake after all the double fisted twisters you're giving his quotes...
Doesn't fix your ignorance on making these heads flow.

One thing I had forgotten, which you have reminded me of.....

Don’t bother responding to anything hysteric posts........ especially if it has any hint of a negative connotation about 318’s and/or 302 heads.
Did you come here to whine about what David Vizard is doing with an irrelevant head too? The funniest **** is watching the haters come back over and over again to defend their stupidity and lack of knowledge. What did you post that was even remotely negative it its connotation? Its obvious to me that this thread by its very existence threatens certain posters here that fancy themselves as experts on what can be done but have been shown up as inadequate. THOSE tiny junk heads everyone says can't flow in the RIGHT HANDS obviously DO!

Last edited:
They could have used a 360 head with a 1.88 valve and not spent all that time turd buffing.

Its crazy to tell everyone you are on a budget and you want to make power and then use heads like that and then port them.

Thats cRaZy
Ok. So why start with a head that has small valves and ports?

They could have used a 360 head, spent the money for a GOOD valve job and then spent an hour fluffing and buffing the head and then send it.

Charlie has how many tests on those heads? I guarantee you Charlie isn’t charging them for the work. Or at least not the full bore rate.

I don’t get the waste of time and money to try and prove you can buff a turd.
EXACTLY. If someone comes to me and says they want to build a 318 and port some 302 heads I will tell them to get their head screwed on straight and use a set of 360 head and leave the grinder alone.

Unless you are Running Super Stock or Stock eliminator you leave those castings alone.

Unless you like wasting your time behind a grinder to end up with less than if you started with a better casting.

It’s just stupid using those heads.
Its an exercise in seeing what you can get with those parts. The 360 heads will get bigger valves at some point and seeing the as cast ports on the 360, I’m not too impressed with Chrysler’s engineering. I myself now will NOT port the 302 heads I have. Much is to be learned by watching the whole videos, even if you do it salty. In the end the engine will see ported aluminum heads.

The whole project is for CHARITY. All parts in the end including the engine will be auctioned off for CHARITY. You would be stupid to think that the contributors parts and time will not be written off as business charity expense. The project as a whole has merit.

And if you really want to get frisky, pull the cam send it off for a regrind, do valve springs and have under 1500 in a really solid runner.

I won't ever click on utg video garbage. Have enough issues with heart meds and losing IQ... don't need that video crap to accelerate the problem. :rofl:
The cam is to be reground and its spected on DV’s YouTube channel.

Last edited:
Are they still working on these heads and playing with a 2 barrel. :lol::rolleyes:.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back