David Vizard, Uncle Tony's garage, Unity motorsport. Mission impossible Dodge 302 Head porting

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Flow Numbers:

20230312_201135.jpg

☆☆☆☆☆

Comments:

More R+D on this combo than Chrysler did on the original....and I don't think I'm exaggerating.

That’s a late 71 340 manifold. TQ is an 850

Love all the mopar attention!! I just found a large spreadbore holley very similar in a collection of holley carbs someone left me, 1 3/8 primaries.

Great info! Thank you for taking the time to share with everyone!

Probably a 340 manifold thermoquad set up as 318s didn't have a 4 bbl till the police special aspens in the early 80s.

The person who provided the J head might have more insight as to what’s going on with them.
I don’t tune into this thread often.

I would be the “Rob” he mentions and those are my Magnum and J heads along with the intake and carbs. After meeting Charlie at the MOB meet in Melbourne Fl. (Thanks George Jets for the intro)
Charlie and I yapped it up a good bit and he invited me over. Then invited me back again. The following tests done are for his own knowledge and information gathering as well as my own and in looking at the heads, deciding on what to do with what head.

These heads will not make the MI-318 engine. The MI-318 engine as far as I know and understand are going to use a 318 head. Which exact head, I don’t know.

Any questions?

I don’t tune into this thread often.

I would be the “Rob” he mentions and those are my Magnum and J heads along with the intake and carbs. After meeting Charlie at the MOB meet in Melbourne Fl. (Thanks George Jets for the intro)
Charlie and I yapped it up a good bit and he invited me over. Then invited me back again. The following tests done are for his own knowledge and information gathering as well as my own and in looking at the heads, deciding on what to do with what head.

These heads will not make the MI-318 engine. The MI-318 engine as far as I know and understand are going to use a 318 head. Which exact head, I don’t know.

Any questions?
Good to see like minded individuals sharing info for the betterment of the hobby instead of attacking and denigrating others in the hobby who view things differently.

Good to see like minded individuals sharing info for the betterment of the hobby instead of attacking and denigrating others in the hobby who view things differently.
Thanks. Since he is a Chevy guy and has very limited (read zero for the most part) experience with MoPar heads, it was a good opportunity for him as well as myself to learn something.

Charlie has been a most stand up fella and we do think along the same lines. We’re both interested in engine performance and experimenting. We both hewed the fat rod a king time telling stories of the fun, nutty and crazy thing we did in figuring out how stuff works and reacts. Trying to dig a little deeper than most of the car guys we know.

He has a big leg up on me since I have not sat down and fully ported a cylinder head. While I’ve done some work & that would be light by compare, he dived deep and went to see DV and learned from him. So he is a good bit in front of me! LMAO!

More tests to come, different heads on deck and when the other heads are finished with. Charlie and I will be having some fun together for a while here on the heads alone. We may very well be covering ground already covered by others, but I haven’t specifically seen any tests on YouTube on MoPar heads I have. I’m sure a few fellas here have done what we will cover in their own shops and garages. They will be bored, this that haven’t will probably like it. For those that have never seen it or have no info on it, I’m sure they will appreciate it.

Stay tuned to our YT channels.

Thanks. Since he is a Chevy guy and has very limited (read zero for the most part) experience with MoPar heads, it was a good opportunity for him as well as myself to learn something.

Charlie has been a most stand up fella and we do think along the same lines. We’re both interested in engine performance and experimenting. We both hewed the fat rod a king time telling stories of the fun, nutty and crazy thing we did in figuring out how stuff works and reacts. Trying to dig a little deeper than most of the car guys we know.

He has a big leg up on me since I have not sat down and fully ported a cylinder head. While I’ve done some work & that would be light by compare, he dived deep and went to see DV and learned from him. So he is a good bit in front of me! LMAO!

More tests to come, different heads on deck and when the other heads are finished with. Charlie and I will be having some fun together for a while here on the heads alone. We may very well be covering ground already covered by others, but I haven’t specifically seen any tests on YouTube on MoPar heads I have. I’m sure a few fellas here have done what we will cover in their own shops and garages. They will be bored, this that haven’t will probably like it. For those that have never seen it or have no info on it, I’m sure they will appreciate it.

Stay tuned to our YT channels.
It's good to do interesting things with like minded people, and also it seems, make a good friend in the bargain. That's one of the best things about hot rodding.
And it's going to be very interesting to see if the usual *******'* in this thread are going to keep on being *******'* now someone on the forum has some skin in the game.
I hope you and Charles have a ball doing all this. :thumbsup:

@Bakerlite Thanks. Getting together with Charlie has been really cool. Very nice family, very cool people. He likes to experiment and tinker and this is something I’ve said I like to do as well. I don’t have any skin in the MI-318, but I like the project as it’s just tinkering around to see what fun they can have meeting there goal.

Many have given a balk at the idea and that’s OK. Different strokes for different folks. Is it a waste of money and time? It doesn’t really matter. Anyone can say this at anything someone does on their hobby. Heaven forbid you make a wrong move or a mistake and broadcast it on YT.

Bottom line, if ya ain’t having fun, you’re probably doing something wrong. IDGAF as long as I’m enjoying myself in what I like doing. Someone is always going to disapprove and give a little heat. I don’t care. I’m open to discussion if polite, I turn off to rude. I’m still gonna do what I like to do as anyone here should do the same.

But I have noticed people still tune in on the MI-318 if they like it or don’t like it.

According to their program a stock J and magnum head has the possibility at least on the intake side to make around 470 hp at 10:1 cr what kind of CAM and accessories would be needed to do so ? Guessing cam wise at least 105-108 lsa .500-.600 lift and 260 + degrees at fifty.

Well it was worth hanging around for 64 pages...I'm interested in what you'll post next.

In regards to the 7## w2 commentary.. Throat doesn't need to be big on the exh.
It needs to be shaped right, a radiused throat is what you want. Pressure expands. Eofs.

And my 2cents on the w2 project, is it needs a 2.05 valve, to make room for the missing angles under the seat, and I wouldn't do anything else to the exhaust other than radius the seat. Its allready sorta blown out allready in my opinion.

You see everyone.... this chud bakerlite is a waste of space on this server, and continues to prove it.
Calling me names made his week??
Now he has memes too ....awe..
That's adorable. ..and sad
We need a daycare section for those special like "them". Yes..he is a pronoun'r..so don't forget or he'll **** his buttplug right through his diapy... but some section where all they 'do' has to go through septic filter to remove all the useless **** talking, smartassery and banter... oh ****, there would be no content then! shocker!

Who else is still waiting to learn something from these 2? not me.. I'm sure some others too have long ago given up any hope of that. Probably why they quit replying ..duh...no ****.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back