David Vizard, Uncle Tony's garage, Unity motorsport. Mission impossible Dodge 302 Head porting

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
What people are willing to pay. I sold a pair of cores for $100 years back. They aren't worth a ton now that so many know they aren't the miracle head.
yeah, i'm just hoping to trade them for some small parts i need.. gonna throw them on FB marketplace once i get around to it.

Used 302's worth anything? i have a pair in my garage i just pulled off the motor but not sure if they have any value used/dirty

Hang onto them.

With the Reman 302s coming back online, the clean up and new valves of used .....

When Reman inventory runs out then people go back to building the take offs.

☆☆☆☆☆

Looks like a 675 or other open chamber head. Better numbers in the end I bet.
I like they're proving how non special the 302 is. It's about people needing to hear it from someone else.lol
He's doing 360 j 915 1.88 heads now

I thought uncle tony said 318 head, intake and carb ONLY. Seems they are moving the goalpost again. Maybe they should call it "mission clickbait for channel building" or "mission creep 318"

He's doing 360 j 915 1.88 heads now
Thanks. I only know about what's posted here because I'm not watching.
Something tells me viewing will decline over the use of a 360 head...but is it merely a carefully planned comparison/angle in favor of the small port...either way, where did that goal post go.. ? it keeps moving!

Looks like a 675 or other open chamber head. Better numbers in the end I bet.
I like they're proving how non special the 302 is. It's about people needing to hear it from someone else.lol
Wait till these eager followers find out what it costs to do the work Charles is doing! That would shut them up quickly....

I thought uncle tony said 318 head, intake and carb ONLY. Seems they are moving the goalpost again. Maybe they should call it "mission clickbait for channel building" or "mission creep 318"
I don't know what that plan but they seem like there gonna test everything under the sun, he said something about flowing magnum heads next, be cool if they dyno all these different combos.

You got that right. I have watched a couple Dave vids and UT sucked me in on his timing chain cause for the 600 horse 318 explosion. :BangHead: :BangHead: :lol:

Hysteric is so lacking in his ability to do this that he seriously believes this guy Charlie is the only one can do it. ..and btw
I've got far better things to do than grind cylinder heads. The fact that Charles has gotten 240+ cfm from them is validation of what I said I have managed to get with mine.

I prefer to deal with the complexities of the financial markets than grinding holes bigger but each to their own.

Maybe less time here bitchin about what other people are doing with their time might serve you better in your own quest to make holes bigger?

Maybe eventually they will progress to a 4" stroke 360 based build with some good heads. Probably be cheaper than this nonsensical exercise

Maybe I worded that incorrectly.........

It seemed to me more like some tests “just to compare”.

I didn’t get the feeling they were intended for use on the MI build........ but time will tell.

Maybe I worded that incorrectly.........

It seemed to me more like some tests “just to compare”.

I didn’t get the feeling they were intended for use on the MI build........ but time will tell.
You might be right, i hope they dyno a bunch of different combo's, seem like their gathering a lot of different top end parts.

I don't care if this build will/has moved goal post, the flow numbers they gotten out of the 318 parts can easily reach the 318 HP goal, I'd rather them do a zero deck 318 build, and get as many cams and top end parts they can a dyno every combo under the sun.

I don't care if this build will/has moved goal post, the flow numbers they gotten out of the 318 parts can easily reach the 318 HP goal, I'd rather them do a zero deck 318 build, and get as many cams and top end parts they can a dyno every combo under the sun.
That's been done numerous times over the years

There's a handful of 318 dyno builds, and it's one of the most asked questions what to do with a 318.
That's true. But there really is nothing special or really much different about a 318 compared to 340s, 360s, and the strokers. It will respond in a similar fashion, it just will make less torque at any given rpm compared to the others. The "appeal" of the 318 is its reputation as a underdog, and the fact the cores are practically free. It still costs the same or more to build it equally, so there is zero advantage in the real world.

That's true. But there really is nothing special or really much different about a 318 compared to 340s, 360s, and the strokers. It will respond in a similar fashion, it just will make less torque at any given rpm compared to the others.
Agree
The "appeal" of the 318 is its reputation as a underdog, and the fact the cores are practically free. It still costs the same or more to build it equally, so there is zero advantage in the real world.
Agree, but people still want to build them, and helps if there's a bunch of dyno builds out there for them.

No Slouch:
('69 318, base engine, STD bore)

20230117_191532.jpg

300 + stock components build, 9.2:1 cr, 302 heads. Light factory rods.

The LD4B intake absolutely helps.

☆☆☆☆☆

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back