Dead on 2 and 4

-
I know what I know, and WHAT I know is, "I don't know"

I'd be looking at intake leak

...........AND............I see I was about 3 seconds too late..........

I know what I know, and WHAT I know is, "I don't know"

I'd be looking at intake leak

...........AND............I see I was about 3 seconds too late..........
Lol I still appreciate it

I finally guessed one right, yay!

Now; you gotta figure out the why of it.
About three and a half years ago while replacing some head gaskets, I didn't get the pushrod centered on the lifter. It got stuck on the lip and I didn't catch it before I cranked it over. It bottomed out the valve spring and bent the push rod. I must have damaged the spring back then, and it just took this long to complain about it.

I have done that, was turning it over with a remote switch adjusting the valves and SNAP! It popped into the seat. Jumped like I was shot. No damage, but from then on, I use either my phone or bore scope. I have to see each one in the lifter correctly.

About three and a half years ago while replacing some head gaskets, I didn't get the pushrod centered on the lifter. It got stuck on the lip and I didn't catch it before I cranked it over. It bottomed out the valve spring and bent the push rod. I must have damaged the spring back then, and it just took this long to complain about it.

There are two different pushrod seats for the lifters. If you have the big seat and a small pushrod end that can happen.

If you have the big seat and the correct end on the pushrod it can’t happen. I know this because I saw it when I was putting my junk together and I blew it off. Then I had the rocker gear off for some reason I no longer remember and I had 3 pushrods fall out of the seat and up onto the lip. Bent all 3 valves.

Luckily I had Smith Brothers pushrods. I sent them back and had the bigger ends installed.

I should have fixed it when I caught it but I went against my gut. And got burned because I went against my gut.

There are two different pushrod seats for the lifters. If you have the big seat and a small pushrod end that can happen.

If you have the big seat and the correct end on the pushrod it can’t happen. I know this because I saw it when I was putting my junk together and I blew it off. Then I had the rocker gear off for some reason I no longer remember and I had 3 pushrods fall out of the seat and up onto the lip. Bent all 3 valves.

Luckily I had Smith Brothers pushrods. I sent them back and had the bigger ends installed.

I should have fixed it when I caught it but I went against my gut. And got burned because I went against my gut.
Wow.. good info. I'll have to pay attention to that when I get the manifold off and verify.

would the OP have compression on the cylinders in question if it they were not?
Only if the exhaust valve was burnt or partially missing would it draw...or too weak an intake valve spring.
He says he has 140 ish across.
Ignition issue or too tight an exhaust lash.
By the time I respond to these threads the answers already on the next page and I'm just going to have to go read it

Even guesses can be helpful, because it wasn't my own guess. When you're working on your own stuff sometimes you get single track minded and overlook some obvious things that other people, being a little further removed from the frustration, may think of when you don't.

-
Back