Demon "Classic Air" AC Install

-
I found the same exact insulation in the heating and ac section of lowes , and lined my roof with it when replacing headliner 2 years ago.

I will use the Classic Air kit, but will let my local shop install it as it is hot as hell here to in the summer and I don't have the patients to sweat and install it (plus they will warranty they install and parts). And I have leftover tax money :)
Not a daily driver here either, but I do like to enjoy my ride, sweating my a$$ of and ending up drenched in sweat after a few minutes........Texas weather is as bad as yours........with humidity!

rtee, I would highly recommend the Classic kit. Their customer service & install help was much better than anticipated.

NO issues since the install in 2012 other than keeping the coolant temp down. After topping off the R134 (about 6 months later), my thermometer often reads in the 30* range...

Mine is not a daily driver and our climate here can be extremely hot in the summer, but AC sure helps extend the driving season :D

I yanked mine out after the compressor quit. I only ran it maybe 3 or 4 times then the compressor took a dump.....one month after the warranty expired. I just want to get rid of it all now. Everything is almost brand new but I just decided against replacing the compressor.

I yanked mine out after the compressor quit. I only ran it maybe 3 or 4 times then the compressor took a dump.....one month after the warranty expired. I just want to get rid of it all now. Everything is almost brand new but I just decided against replacing the compressor.

Classic air unit? Pm me if you want to sell it

It was a Nostalgic Air unit. I had it shipped to me from right there in Florida. It worked good but it sure didn't last long. Thanks so much for the interest however I sold it last summer.

Has anyone used one of these units with the factory ac venting?
I am wondering the same thing, if you can install the hoses onto the factory A/C 3 louver box if the rear of box is modified.

That's what I want to do, as well as maintaining the passenger's side fresh air vent too.

6pk2godemon, is there enough room beside the Classic Air heater box fan to install a cut/modified passenger side fresh air vent on that side?

I am wondering the same thing, if you can install the hoses onto the factory A/C 3 louver box if the rear of box is modified.

That's what I want to do, as well as maintaining the passenger's side fresh air vent too.

6pk2godemon, is there enough room beside the Classic Air heater box fan to install a cut/modified passenger side fresh air vent on that side?

I just answered my own question.

Yes, it can be done.

I just installed the Classic Auto Air kit in my Dart and adapted it to an A-body factory underdash vent box, and it looks awesome. Much better than the supplied plastic vents.

Sorry I missed your question @scatpackbee Oops...

I just answered my own question.

Yes, it can be done.

I just installed the Classic Auto Air kit in my Dart and adapted it to an A-body factory underdash vent box, and it looks awesome. Much better than the supplied plastic vents.

Congrats on your mods to adapt the Classic Air unit. How about sharing some pics for all to see. I'm sure you can help others with the same questions....:D

Went and checked their website for my car. Sure enough

Plymouth Barracuda Air Conditioning | Barracuda AC Systems and OEM Restoration Parts

I was wondering if cars without tinted glass would need tinting for the system to work correctly? I have been told that the glass would need tinting or the AC would not work at all!! I didn't really believe that but I don't know for sure.

Did you ever get one for your barracuda and Install it? I need one for my 67 too. 90+ degree days with kiddos is not a fun day for a car show.

Did you ever get one for your barracuda and Install it? I need one for my 67 too. 90+ degree days with kiddos is not a fun day for a car show.

No I never did. I invested money in the engine guess you can say. It would be nice however to have A/C.
Looking at the instructions .... to me it gets really involved. I'd rather work on the engine... lol

EDIT: I remember now... I have a aftermarket EZ-Wire fuse panel in my dash. I would not be able to install the A/C without relocating the fuse panel. Thats not going to happen.. lol

Last edited:
It's in the roofing section and comes in a roll like this HemiT

demon-ac-install-001-jpg.jpg

View attachment 1714537950

I used that in my barracuda, with extra strength 3M Spray adhesive.. it doesn't really stay up very well, but I still don't have the headliner done on my car so that might help in the future.

No I never did. I invested money in the engine guess you can say. It would be nice however to have A/C.
Looking at the instructions .... to me it gets really involved. I'd rather work on the engine... lol

EDIT: I remember now... I have a aftermarket EZ-Wire fuse panel in my dash. I would not be able to install the A/C without relocating the fuse panel. Thats not going to happen.. lol

good to know where is your fuse box currently? We just re-did the wiring on my car with an EZ wire kit and New gauges from Classic Dash (Very Pleased with the end result and look.)
I have looked at vintage Air, but they don't have anything for the 67 Barracuda and would have to get a'universal kit' so was pleased to come across this thread. but maybe this won't be as straight forward as i had hoped. But that is the nature of owning a classic car :)

good to know where is your fuse box currently? We just re-did the wiring on my car with an EZ wire kit and New gauges from Classic Dash (Very Pleased with the end result and look.)
I have looked at vintage Air, but they don't have anything for the 67 Barracuda and would have to get a'universal kit' so was pleased to come across this thread. but maybe this won't be as straight forward as i had hoped. But that is the nature of owning a classic car :)

DSC01981.jpg

I might could squeeze the A/C behind the fuse panel and not have to relocate. Don't know for sure however.

Going to resurect this one, soon as I get two more important mods done, this is next. I am wondering if I need to pull the windshield and unbolt the dash for some other work, and my dart is a four dour six cylinder. Looks like 1600+ for the whole kit

-
Back