Desert Car Kings

-
I tried to watch this show.... I work in tv and love cars, but the fact is that the show is basically scripted ...its not reality... its just a show where they make up slightly interesting situations...and work their way out of them
the 64 Barracuda episode was a joke...they set up the whole situation about the rear window...about how valuable it is ( I can find three right now for $100 a piece) ... then they "accidently" break it ... the acting just sucked.... what a joke .... they make Schwartzeneggar look like Olivier .....

I hate to keep bashing but every time i see this thread my blood boils.

So. this time I come armed. http://www.5starautoauction.com/classics/display/3155

here is the barracuda for sale.

on a QUICK glance at the 4 pics i noticed the following missing things.

antenna
wipers
hood ornament
fender emblems
gas cap
washer resovoir
air cleaner
body plugs
dash vents
(dash pad is there but its crap)
armrest
interior door handles
window cranks
horn button.

I will throw in a ratty assed battery out of a yard car and the fact that the car WAS an AC car and they gutted that for good measure.

RESTORED BITCHES!

I haven't watched it since they did that rare, push button, 273 v8 (/6) Barracuda.

Yea...something was very "fishy" about the episode :D

I am wondering if they just built the V8 car instead??

Did the breaking of the glass seemed staged as well?? When it shattered, it appeared blue. Or would it look like that when broken??

Yes, it has a 'fishy' odor to it.

Tinted glass has a blueish green tint to it.

Under the bright lights of the 'restoration' shop, the blue shows better than the green.

The car was not restored in any way, shape or form.

This is a restoration of a 1955 Ferrari LM 121 LeMans Team Car
1 of 4 built. I rode in this car back in the mid 60s when Mr. Gunther had it.

LeMans 1955-- 2nd car in picture.

4-2.jpg

1959-Just before Mr. Gunther bought it.

lang-11-1.jpg

Palm Beach Concours 2007

Ferrari121LM-1.jpg

Ferrari121LM-3.jpg

Ferrari121LM-4.jpg

The current owner paid $3.4 million for it. That is a restoration !!

did the show get canceled? Got to love that restored battery... dang could not even replace it.. I swear there was a /6 in the original car...

I will throw in a ratty assed battery out of a yard car and the fact that the car WAS an AC car and they gutted that for good measure.

Those must be "resto correct" corroded battery terminals, just like back in the day :D

I bet the brake lines are also 45 years old and ready to burst from the inside out... I see they have a new brass fitting at the M/C, but the line sure looks old.

I'm waiting for someone to reply to my craigslist ad and say "why is your back glass so cheap?" You know those things are worth $2k right?? :sign5::sign5:

I'm waiting for someone to reply to my craigslist ad and say "why is your back glass so cheap?" You know those things are worth $2k right?? :sign5::sign5:

I know what you mean. A friend just sent me an ad from graigslist that someone had some early Barracuda back glass for $20 bucks. He said he thought that was cheap and said he thought it was worth more like $500. I told him that that price was only made up by some TV show producers trying to build some drama in a lousy restoration show! And that some guys have problems giving it away! Besides, I already have an extra rear window in case I should ever need one for either my '64 or '65 Barr.

Not to dig up a old post, but I just saw this Charger episode and did a check on the forum to see if I wasn't the only one disappointed in this "restoration", as it turns out I wasn't.
One thing I was thinking though that one one mentioned was that did anyone think that that episode was strictly promoted, and funded by Dodge themselves?
Think about it... They were showing (advertising) a brand new "Charger" and pointing out the similarities. And as far as the "race" their would be no way Dodge would want to look bad by losing a 1/4 race against a 43 year old car! Their is also no way that '68 would get a 19 second 1/4 mile unless it was ON PURPOSE! "Anything under 20 seconds is respectable", my ***! I Prius gets that.

Then to top it all off the car goes to a 16 year old! Back to the scrap heap it goes!

The thing is... maybe Desert Kings suck, but quite possibly in this case sadly Mopar may have had a hand in this train wreck themselves?

Not to dig up a old post, but I just saw this Charger episode and did a check on the forum to see if I wasn't the only one disappointed in this "restoration", as it turns out I wasn't.
One thing I was thinking though that one one mentioned was that did anyone think that that episode was strictly promoted, and funded by Dodge themselves?
Think about it... They were showing (advertising) a brand new "Charger" and pointing out the similarities. And as far as the "race" their would be no way Dodge would want to look bad by losing a 1/4 race against a 43 year old car! Their is also no way that '68 would get a 19 second 1/4 mile unless it was ON PURPOSE! "Anything under 20 seconds is respectable", my ***! I Prius gets that.

Then to top it all off the car goes to a 16 year old! Back to the scrap heap it goes!

The thing is... maybe Desert Kings suck, but quite possibly in this case sadly Mopar may have had a hand in this train wreck themselves?
I was wondering on the slow time myself. My 77 ElCamino tow vehicle back in the 80`s ran a 16.10 bone stock with the air conditioning running so I hope like hell the Charger was not that slow.

Maybe they were smuggling illegals from Nogales and left a dozen or so in the trunk.

That was a pathetic display and it really shows that NOBODY in that shop has much tuning talent. My 68 Polara wagon with a 383-2 would have put a hurting on that green pig.

My point is that it wasnt so much how the car was built as it was Dodge themselves paying them off for a hour long advertisement for the new 2011 Charger.
I'm sure Dodge would feel pretty stupid losing to a 43 year old car.

All of these car "reality" shows are a joke. They plot the whole show out (I worked in TV for 30 years) and they butcher all of these cars and then sell them to clueless schmucks. I love the way that they slap these cars together in a few weeks.

No real enthusiast would have watched that show and enjoyed it.
The NEW Charger? I thought that it was merely a way to add "filler" to the episode since there wasn't much else going on.

NO.... PLEASE LET THIS DIE!!!!!!!!!

There is NOBODY in the auto recycling business more smug and stupid than these *** clowns. Please lock this thread, PLEASE!

NO.... PLEASE LET THIS DIE!!!!!!!!!

There is NOBODY in the auto recycling business more smug and stupid than these *** clowns. Please lock this thread, PLEASE!
Lmao from the depths of hell it came outta no where . The thread lived longer then the show did lmao

-
Back