Design your own Drag sanction event

-

swifter

Reaction score
OK-since most NHRA events are SO over classed,Design and give your suggestions just for fun,Here's mine:

All small block class-non-power adder

All small block class-power adder

All Big block class-Non power Adder

All Big block class-Power adder

Maybe a Hemi class on it's own.

NO 1/8 mile--Just 1/4 mile runs

I know this gives advantage to the Wealthy people and not looking for someone to beat me up on this,I just think the racing of the good old day's when it was run what ya brung was so simpler --Look forward to the posts on how you would set-it up--Steve

i like how our slant six club has it set up

AA-Rails
A-2000-2299lbs
b-2300-2699lbs
c-2700-3199
d-3200 and heavier

then
/A-Alky
/G-gas only
/N Nitious
/U unlimited (fuel, blowers, etc)

if you wanted to factor in a scaled weight and CI you could to even it some more

Hmmm, I like anything with small tires, street cars and low ET's clocks off.

Did have a lot of fun with a buddy chasing NMCA street points. There was a 20 mile cruise then we pulled to the lanes and couldn't touch the car other than tire/bottle pressure before the first pass. Every DOT piece of equipment had to work, our horn relay failed at Joliet and we had to petition to be able to race. It was hardcore stuff but we won a fair amount with his car even the championship one year.

I like your clubs set up. The CID can be grouped within a reasonably fair manor. I'm not sure how I'd go about. (This early morning) a general idea would be something like this, for example;

Little SB ......... big SB ......... stroker SB
339 and down .. 340 - 389 ... Speaks for its self (reguard less of CID)
I would divide the classes a tad more due to heads. A set of stock heads or stock Edelbrocks are pale in compare to a Indy or W9 set ported. This would give budget racers a chance to compete and win vs getting destroyed. I wouldn't want to over regulate but make an enjoyable class for the group. NHRA can take it from here.

i like how our slant six club has it set up

AA-Rails
A-2000-2299lbs
b-2300-2699lbs
c-2700-3199
d-3200 and heavier

then
/A-Alky
/G-gas only
/N Nitious
/U unlimited (fuel, blowers, etc)

if you wanted to factor in a scaled weight and CI you could to even it some more

OK-since the NHRA sucks and are SO over classed, Design and give your suggestions just for fun,Here's mine:

All small block class-non-power adder-up to 450"

All small block class-power adder-up to 450"

All Big block class-Non power Adder-up to 452", between 452" & 572", above 572"

All Big block class-Power adder- up to 540"

1/8 mile only

minimum weight- 3300lbs

stock front frame rails intact with stock fire wall, both in the stock location

no full chassis cars

no nitro

10.5" width drive tire

I know this gives advantage to the Wealthy people and not looking for someone to beat me up on this,I just think the racing of the good old day's when it was run what ya brung was so simpler

:D:cheers:

I actually run a race similar to what you guys are talking about.

No times

Street Outlaw - Only rule is you must complete a 30 mile cruise
True Street - 30 mile cruise plus usual rules like full interior no back half cars

Adding 275 vs 10.5 this year. Likely limited to a small block nitrous setup if I can't figure out how to keep the turbo cars from overpowering everyone.

Trying to get a class going at my local track, seems to be quite a bit of interest

1/8th mile, heads up, no clocks win lights only

No bars, stock suspension (relocated leafs ok for leaf spring cars for tire clearance), Tires limited to max 28x10.5 (non W) or 275/60R15, right off the trailer (no test passes), minimal track prep

Looking forward to it actually...Love the grudge stuff, but hate how we have NONE of it north of the border

-
Back