Did dodge release a 71 challenger T/a 440?

-
The myth was started early, decades ago, so many believed it - but it is a myth.

Show your pal this link, see the third page at the link below. Both hoods were announced in the same brochure. ;-)

The 1970 Hamtramck Registry - What's New From Dodge - 1970

Cannot gaurantee his car was effected by this although it did have a T/A hood in 1982 when I first met him .

But here is an original owner Hemi car that owner says same thing happened to him . He forced the dealer to replace the hood with a shaker unit .

Black Ghost: The mysterious 1970 Challenger that dominated Detroit street racing

Has everyone missed the fact that the hood had hinges! T/A and A12 hoods do not have hinges.

Correct with the 1969 A12 cars.

The AARs and T/As had hood hinges just with lighter weight springs than the steel hood cars though. ;-)

So the dealer in this case forgot to order the shaker ?

You could ask the dealer I suppose? But at the time of the cars build, neither the N94 or N96 hoods were available on any Challenger models. ;-)

You could ask the dealer I suppose? But at the time of the cars build, neither the N94 or N96 hoods were available on any Challenger models. ;-)

Oh ... you are saying that neither were available so they couldn't have used a T/A hood ?
We will have to start another thread on this so as not to hijack the OPs.

Oh ... you are saying that neither were available so they couldn't have used a T/A hood ?
We will have to start another thread on this so as not to hijack the OPs.

If it was not even available yet, how could they use one?

-
Back