Difference between the RAM 2500 and 3500.

-
1/2 ton truck is o k to pull car trailer if it has brakes. I would even consider going cross country with anything less than a 2500. I have found the dually is more stable pulling large gooseneck. the dually is helpless in snow. in a 2wd.
sorry to hear of economic woes, but nothing new for large parts of u s. least we don't have 15% sales tax.

I used to pull a 5K TT with a bike, tools, power washer, gen and water in the box and that was ok...but I agree...

The economy sucjs here but it does all over.. fortunately, we will be in a position to leave in a couple of years... many are not...

The 1/2 ton works, barely. Go thru Raton pass , (10,000 ft elevation.and all the brakes in the world on the trailer won't matter. On the flats if one keeps the speed down, the 1/2 will get by. 50% load to capacity is safe. 90%, it is an accident waiting to happen.
I do hope your current conditions Improve. It sounds like moving west is In your interest.

I was going to suggest that. Rent out your home as a vacation residence! my nephew drives an oil truck in Minot North Dakota 20 days a month, then goes back to Phoenix for ten days off.

watch the bed length if you plan to haul a 5th wheel

im not sure you can haul a 5th wheel with a mega cab since you can't get a long bed with it

watch the bed length if you plan to haul a 5th wheel

im not sure you can haul a 5th wheel with a mega cab since you can't get a long bed with it

:DThat's a simple mod.
Beer, Sawzall and a Mig Welder.....

Attachments

• dad truck.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 180
Don't think a 5th wheel is in my future nor a mega cab..the beagles are not that big :)

You should PM Rodzilla. He just got home from an approx. 6,000 mile trip
and they pulled their car in a 24' enclosed bumper pull trailer with a couple
year old RAM 3500 Cummins SRW. No torsion bars, sway controls etc. He
just plops the hitch on the truck and it tows great.

..........................Yes they can sell to Canadians as long as its a "used" vehical..........I do many safeties on used trucks that have about 10-50 more miles on them than the trip home,,,,,,,see where i'm coming from?............kim.......

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink...

I have no idea why they persist to have such large mark ups in Canada...

Will I need to upgrade anything to make it Canada legal.

If we do this, we won't be back in Canada for 6 months... will this cause any so of problem as long as I register / insure in Canada ?

If we do this, we won't be back in Canada for 6 months... will this cause any so of problem as long as I register / insure in Canada ?

Sorry that it took a while Grassy, I checked with what Dealers says here, it is that on a new truck, the Warranties on new trucks sold in the USA don't transfer to Canada, and Visa-versa. The mark-up is the Canadian taxes. If you had a U.S. Address and drivers license, all would be good. Used is different...........:wack:

.........Just have to make sure it has day time running lights..........kim...........

OK on lights.

Oldmopardude,

Thanks !

If I am spending 6 months in both countries I am screwed either way....ouch,..,.

I wonder what other snowbirds do ?

Ian.

Interesting, I was just conversing via e-mail to Crysler canada

They said:

"If you are traveling temporarily in the United States or Mexico, and
your vehicle remains registered in Canada, your Chrysler Canada warranty
will still apply. Service may be requested at any authorized Chrysler
dealership"

"Chrysler U.S. warranties only cover vehicles if they were built for
sale in the United States and if they remain registered in the U.S.
There is no warranty coverage on this vehicle once it leaves the United
States and is further sold or registered in countries other than the
United States.

Please note Chrysler American warranties do not apply to vehicles
registered in Canada nor does Chrysler Canada provide warranty coverage
for imported vehicles."

So I said, as am American citizen, if I more to canada my warranty disappears ?

Now they want me to call them :) This warranty BS is just that unless the US trucks are substandard to Canadian ones..

My cuz lives in Texas..I am sure I could us their house as a "residence".

Btw, I am seeing 15K+ difference in pricing at first blush..

hi, grassy
i have a friend that past away a few months ago and his wife is trying to sell his 2012 i beleive 3500 singal wheel diesel 2wd truck has around 27,000 miles i think its pretty well loaded too, he pulled a 5th wheel big horn camper,so 5th wheel is probably still in it..dont know if she has sold camper yet.. she lives in sharon wis.let me know if your interested in it.

Hello Grassy,
I was told the same regarding the Warranty Issue. It appears to be Intentional to keep people from buying across borders. I was told you also need a drivers license from the U.S. to complete a transaction here, as well as home address. It sounds like used is the best bet. Will they honor a warranty on a used Vehicle from the U.S., in Canada?

In retrospect, I may be looking at this the wrong way...

If there is a significant difference in price, do I actually need a warranty... ?

What can go wrong during the warranty period ?

With my present RAM, it was one ball joint or whatever they call it now..

Ian.

-
Back