Disassembled Stroker, what’s it worth?

-

Reaction score
im thinking about selling my la stuff and going genIII. I’m curious of what you guys think my stuff would be worth. All parts are i great condition except the block, I had gas get into the oil last fall. Here’s a rough idea on what I have.

340 block(20 over), needs hone and lifter bores bushed
4” forged scat crank
I beam rods
Forged pistons
Lunati hydraulic roller
Girdle
Milodon pan
Eddy heads, mild portwork
Crane rockers
2 intakes ( rpm and a strip dominator) both port matched
Edelbrock polished water pump
Tti headers for e body

I also have ez efi system and a Fitech system would sell with or without motor

How did gas in the motor ruin the block and nothing else?
Just curious.

How did gas in the motor ruin the block and nothing else?
Just curious.

Honestly I caught the gas right away but was scared to run it just in case. The lifters were noisy from day one and the thing burnt a bit of oil from day one. Looks like the place that originally built the thing were not as hi quality as they claimed to be and that all I want to say. Sad part is I only got 1000 miles on this thing. Before this happened

I would think 3-4k all day
Stroker stuff- $1500
Heads - $1000
Other parts - $1000
Going off the hip here

Honestly I caught the gas right away but was scared to run it just in case. The lifters were noisy from day one and the thing burnt a bit of oil from day one. Looks like the place that originally built the thing were not as hi quality as they claimed to be and that all I want to say. Sad part is I only got 1000 miles on this thing. Before this happened

Well, not knowing the details I guess all I can say is hmm.:D

I would think 3-4k all day
Stroker stuff- $1500
Heads - $1000
Other parts - $1000
Going off the hip here

Ok, I’m not to far off then. I was thinking if I got $4000 cdn ( $3000 us). Then I would be happy

Ok, I’m not to far off then. I was thinking if I got $4000 cdn ( $3000 us). Then I would be happy
1k tops since buyer knows so little about it or what has to be repaired... But there’s one born every minute...

Agree with cuda620. It's worth whatever someone will pay for it. I wouldn't pay much because assumed risk is the buyer's.

But 11.2 might be lucky since he lives in Canada, with stroker stuff much more scarce than in the US.
But true, he has to find someone interested badly enough.

What year 340 block and vin if it has one?

I don’t have a vin number and motor is 4 hrs away from me. As far as year goes im not sure on that either. I could find out though.

3K if you part it all out EZ, maybe more if you E-bag it. .

im thinking about selling my la stuff and going genIII. I’m curious of what you guys think my stuff would be worth. All parts are i great condition except the block, I had gas get into the oil last fall. Here’s a rough idea on what I have.

4” forged scat crank
I beam rods
Forged pistons
Lunati hydraulic roller
Girdle
Milodon pan
Crane rockers
Tti headers for e body

What are the specs on the cam?

4” forged scat crank
I beam rods
Forged pistons
Lunati hydraulic roller
Girdle
Milodon pan
Crane rockers
Tti headers for e body

I've thought about selling all my small block stuff and going gen lll too. Good luck.

I sold an engine once with the agreement we would take it to a good engine builder and have it inspected. He found a severely worn thrust bearing and crank surface. It cost me about 1/3 the sale price, but that motor is still running forty two years later and we are good friends!

-
Back