Disc brake rotor swap

-

Aaron jones

Reaction score
I have converted to disc in front but have 5x4 bottles pattern and want to change to 5x4.5 to allow wider variety of rim selections can I just swap rotors wondering if I’d need to change spindle

If it was your goal all along to have 4-1/2" bolt pattern then you wasted a lot of time and money. Yes you have to have the correct spindles and rotors/calipers to have the big bolt pattern.

There are guys who want SBP front disc, maybe you could sell "the whole setup" and go a long way towards financing the newer BBP stuff

You never said how you did the swap and what parts were used. Was it just junkyard parts ? From what car did you use the parts from ? Need to know what you have to figure out what you can reuse.

I mis worded the original post. I purchased a disc conversion kit for A-body 5x4 bolt pattern then realized that rims are hard to find and want to change to 5x4.5 I was able to stop order delivery until I figure this out. I will be purchasing new control arms so I guess my question is now what control arms do I need to purchase to match with bbp kit

Contact the company who makes the kit. They will have all the info that you need since they had to engineer the kit and will know what parts are compatible.

Last edited:
-
Back