Dissapointing performance

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont need dyno. I run 1/8 mile and trap speed tells everything. That is what I did before swap and after swap. Engine has now 306 horsepower and that is nothing.

I dont need dyno. I run 1/8 mile and trap speed tells everything. That is what I did before swap and after swap. Engine has now 306 horsepower and that is nothing.

What is the altitude where you live?(how much above sea level)
My 408 only traps 85 mile in the 1/8mile. my heavy as car need 344 Hp to run that speed.
Not Very impressive...Right?
408, 12.50 compression, .562/292 (242 duration at .050) Hyd cam, 3000 stall(needs 4000+ converter) 26X10X15" slicks and 4.56:1 gears out back.
Mine should make more than 344 hp...right?(the answer is yes!) but expecting 450 Hp out of my eng at this track I race at, just not going to happen.

Now that i have wrote this, here is another question.
Have you weight your car? just might be a little heavier than you think. Which will change the HP number you figured.

everyone needs to just throw the towel in and be done with this. You obviously not going to listen to anyone other than the voices in your head. This more frustrating the trying to explain to neighbors kid and he is 3 why he shouldn't pull the cats tail

I fully believe this guy is a troll. I have not seen him contribute to one other thread. Or thank a single person in here for their advice. I'm surprised mods haven't closed this thread and banned him yet.

I fully believe this guy is a troll. I have not seen him contribute to one other thread. Or thank a single person in here for their advice. I'm surprised mods haven't closed this thread and banned him yet.

Starting to think the same--STILL waiting on a full compression test. J.Rob

Sorry to dissapoint you but today I made compression test to all cylinders and I drove car like 10 miles on medium load. After that ride I did compression test and I "readed" all plugs.

Compression test: 170,172,170,170,175,170,172,170. Very good results and even between cylinders.
Spark plug was coffee brown + very little black carbon on it. Like I said when car is driven higer load and longer time, then the plug shows its "real color".
I can upload pic of compression meter and plugs if you dont want to bellieve what I said.

He did one.

You guys are in control. Stop responding and with the help of our power sellers, this thread will end up on page 7 in less than an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back