Dissapointing performance

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eight pages of perfectly sound advice and nothing but argument. Guy, if you had a frikkin brain, you'd take it out and play with it.

maybe the shifter linkage is messed up and it's starting out in second gear.

Everyone is giving solid advice. im sure over half have been in your same predicament. Me included.
Question on holley 4150

you could follow in my footsteps and max out a bunch of credit cards and have a slow racecar that is 99% street driven.

For the record AJs advice has gotten my 360 running way better. Thanks
It has all gears correctly it starts at 1.

Eight pages of perfectly sound advice and nothing but argument. Guy, if you had a frikkin brain, you'd take it out and play with it.
I have my own opinions and im free to tell it. What is the point of discustion board if I can only agree everyone else.

I have listened all advices and learned too and Im thanfully of that even it might not be seen in my writing style.

If performance is most important thing to me does it mean I have to have perfect car? I agree those parts that you and other peolple said arent ideal for my car and in future im going to change them.

Buying new springs to distributor doesnt cost anything and is easy to do. Im going to try it first.

Have fun with that. You're just spinning your wheels instead of your cars...

We have explained it to you but it's painfully obvious that we can't understand it for you.

I'm out...

I have my own opinion and im free to tell it. What is the point of discustion board if I can only agree everyone else.

I have listened all advices and learned too and Im thanfully of that even it might not be seen in my writing style.

You've asked for advice and been given CORRECT advice. Your "opinion" is incorrect. Look around at the people dropping out of YOUR discussion where YOU asked for help. It's not all them, it's you. You don't listen. You ask for help and then you don't hear what you want so you argue and disagree. That doesn't make you right. Here's a clue. Your car is slow. There's a reason for that.

Have fun with that. You're just spinning your wheels instead of your cars...

We have explained it to you but it's painfully obvious that we can't understand it for you.

I'm out...
Sometimes its just fun to make a burnout.

You've asked for advice and been given CORRECT advice. Your "opinion" is incorrect. Look around at the people dropping out of YOUR discussion where YOU asked for help. It's not all them, it's you. You don't listen. You ask for help and then you don't hear what you want so you argue and disagree. That doesn't make you right. Here's a clue. Your car is slow. There's a reason for that.
I dont see it in that way.

What you have given to this tread?

I remember that you told me that my engine is miss matched crap. Not nice thing to say.

No, I told you the parts choices were mismatched crap. Which is true. YOU chose to take it personally. YOU have argued with everyone here TOOTH AND NAIL. I cannot believe they held on this long trying to help a completely inept person hell bent on not listening. It's pretty entertaining. You are your own worst enemy.

As far as "not a nice thing to say", I gave advice. Once again, you didn't want to hear, even though it was right on the mark, just like everyone else here has told you over and over and OVER. We're trying to tell you how to fix your problem. Do you want the truth or do you want nice? You have to be one of the most obtuse people I have ever run into.

Wow.. I have nothing to add other than the number of years experience in this thread is not 100 years, closer to 200+ LOL

Putting a bandaid on a cut artery, best of luck with it. Black Knight it all the way... :)

monty-python-black-knight.jpg

Doesn anyone else have opinion about optimal timing rate at what rpm is best? If not Im going to try 2500rpm first and im going to report here how it went.

If I dont like how your wifes looks like do I need to say it loud.

IF you ask me how she looks? Yup. I do.

That's what you're doing here. You're asking us whats wrong with your combo. Then we tell you. Then you're telling us we are wrong. If you know everything, why ask us?

Do you understand why that is a problem? And why people are getting frustrated? Language barrier or not. You have to see whats going on here. Otherwise, you can continue on your way. Although I suggest you upgrade from a shovel to a backhoe. You'll dig this hole you're in already aalloootttt faster.

IF you ask me how she looks? Yup. I do.

That's what you're doing here. You're asking us whats wrong with your combo. Then we tell you. Then you're telling us we are wrong. If you know everything, why ask us?

Do you understand why that is a problem? And why people are getting frustrated? Language barrier or not. You have to see whats going on here. Otherwise, you can continue on your way. Although I suggest you upgrade from a shovel to a backhoe. You'll dig this hole you're in already aalloootttt faster.
Do you say that "Your wife looks like crap." or do you say "Well I have seen some better ones but she is still pretty fine" Everyone can open page 1 and see who started to talk inappropriate.

Yes I asked for help, does it mean I cant suddenly disagree with anyone? I have my own opinion and often arguments to support my opinion. Im not afraid to disagree with anyone of you in this forum. I dont either scare to be wrong. I dont see trought internet who had build 100 mopar engines and who are not and I dont really care. Tell your own opinion with good arguments ant then we can discuss about things. If im not agree with someone that is not attack, it is normal conversation.

I took spring out of ink pen and put it in my distributor. Now I have one stock lighter spring and spring from ink pen. Max timing still comes in before 2000rpm. I need to find stiffer spring.

I took spring out of ink pen and put it in my distributor. Now I have one stock lighter spring and spring from ink pen. Max timing still comes in before 2000rpm. I need to find stiffer spring.

170 psi is pretty good. Did you check all 8 because I think you will one cylinder that is way off. Your combo should be a lot stronger than it is. Check your lash very carefully and check the valve lifts with an indicator--maybe you lost a lobe? Best timing will be between 34-38 total end of story. Your timing coming in too quick will not be the culprit of "no burnout torque". If it comes in too quick you will hear marbles in a coffee can (detonation/pinging) Now if it comes in too late then you will have soggy low end performance. Are you reading the light correctly? I have seen experienced guys either misinterpreting what they were seeing or simply not revving the engine high enough for the timing mark to stop moving. If you keep saying everything about the tune is right then I have to believe your engine is wounded or the cam phasing is not where you think it is. J.Rob

170 psi is pretty good. Did you check all 8 because I think you will one cylinder that is way off. Your combo should be a lot stronger than it is. Check your lash very carefully and check the valve lifts with an indicator--maybe you lost a lobe? Best timing will be between 34-38 total end of story. Your timing coming in too quick will not be the culprit of "no burnout torque". If it comes in too quick you will hear marbles in a coffee can (detonation/pinging) Now if it comes in too late then you will have soggy low end performance. Are you reading the light correctly? I have seen experienced guys either misinterpreting what they were seeing or simply not revving the engine high enough for the timing mark to stop moving. If you keep saying everything about the tune is right then I have to believe your engine is wounded or the cam phasing is not where you think it is. J.Rob
I only did compression test out of one cylinder. I can do other 7 later on. I have and my friend had looked at timing mark and we have revved it maybe up to 4000rpm. With new ink pen spring car liked it, but still not enough stifness to make all in to come 2500. I found suitable springs from ebay at 10 bucks.

edit: plug looked brown/carbon black

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back