Dodge Dart A4 Buffed silver period race car

-
Beautiful work, subscribed. Never see a A4 car done, anymore.

And I don't know why. As you can see by the different photos with the different lighting A4 is a color changer. Silver, gold, and a hint of green. It's turning out really nice. You do nice work. tmm

Outstanding.....What is impressive about this build besides the meticulous attention to detail is you do everything by yourself (and groupies).

Gonna be a he!! of a hot rod.

Thanks for the Kudos guys. I enjoy doing every aspect of the restoration process. In the end its very gratifying. The best is when others ask who did the resto and you reply "I did" who did the paint? " I did, in a potato barn" Its all about detailed method's. Never skipping a step. Asking a lot of questions from many sources and typically taking the longer, tougher route.

Tackled the headliner this weekend. I had my doubts, I never attempted one. All and all I'm fairly satisfied. I'll tell you one thing, I'm never having a upholstery guy do one in my cars again.

Attachments

• IMG_1892.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 414
  • IMG_1893.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 407
attachment.php?attachmentid=1714764100&stc=1&d=1414887420.jpg

You should get an award for painting a car on the ceiling like that. The silver is really awesome.

Looking great. I love the silver and great choice on your material selection. I have used PPG for decades and PPG is super forgiving. I too love how you painted the car on the ceiling. LOL.:blob:

Hey guys. I've been chipping away at the Dodge. I've been bending up some custom stainless brake lines.

Attachments

• 20141221_200805.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 382
  • 20141221_200749.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 355
  • 20141221_200738.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 379
My 65 is "Sunburst Silver", but Ill call it A4 now...still digging those painted Westerns! Headliners Ill leave to a top shop. Too much of something to look at every day if it turns out saggy.

Any one have this problem with TTI headers and Z-bar?

Attachments

• 20150209_193334.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 229
  • 20150209_193346.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 212
Never ran TTI's, but that is tight. Can you shorten the throw to get some clearance?

Installed NOS tach. Real deal, not the made Mexico SW junk being sold all over the internet now. Put the race electronics in the glove box.on custom bracket I fabbed from brushed stainless.

Nice hardware....

Hi Fellas,
Getting back into another car. Its been two years since I finished the A4 Dart. The next A-body for me is a TX9 383, 4-spd Fastback Barracuda. I'm going to start a page on it tonight if I can remember how to...
Stay tuned

-
Back