Does anyone like 4 door A body mopes?

-

dodgemahal

Reaction score
I'm restoring one now, mainly because it was bought new by my favorite Aunt. My whole family adored her. Besides, it only has 60K miles and was gently driven. Very little wear and tear.

Yep, I have a 75 Dart SE, third owner both previous owners quit driving due to age. Slant six, factory A/C, one repaint in original colors. Only problem was the trans and power steering sector leaked like a sieve due to sitting around to much. Makes a good snow plow too...LOL

IMG_20140102_123530027.jpg

More-door is Last Resort... 69 or 68 Dart would be my choice if I had to have one

Hell yeah, what kinda more door are you restoring? Tell us more and we like pics too! 65'

I love 4 door cars. At car shows, I find myself drawn to them. If I had the room for another car, it would probably be a 67-70 Plymouth Fury or Chrysler 4 door HT.

The 1968 Valiant 4 door is my car of choice. My Grandmother bought one new and I have that car, I guess that's what started it.

2 of the best cars I've ever owned were 4 door Mopars. A 75 Valiant Broughm V8 car & a 88 Diplomat with the Police Package. I paid $200 bucks for each & beat the Hell out of both cars for a few years, & neither one ever let me down. I'll buy another one if one comes around, for sure.

4doors are great parts cars! They were not cool then and definitely not cool now.

The only time they are better is with little ones. Car seats suck with 2 doors especially bench seats.

Most 4 doors are usually are very nice cars. Most are old person kept condition and make great parts cars. I found that using 4 doors for parts on restos of 2 doors is a money saver. And usually much nicer parts then you can buy. We save everything off these cars. Valiant had a bad engine was $800. Darts ran like new and was $2500. Just some examples

00m0m_h5HXhDm9Mvr_1200x900.jpg

00Q0Q_5m6sqQF1DDX_1200x900.jpg

00Y0Y_2KtVxdqZqQA_600x450 (2).jpg

00b0b_4c00ItFIxs8_1200x900 (1).jpg

20180331_171720.jpg

106_0129 (2).JPG

106_0131 (2).JPG

106_0114.JPG

106_0232.JPG

106_0273.JPG

Oldmanmopar,
Do you have front arm rests that you can sell me? Mine is a '73 Dart, 4-door. Apparently, there is a difference in the armrests between 4 and 2 door cars. All of the '73 armrests on ebay are different than mine. (Am I allowed to ask that on this forum? Or maybe wrong place to ask?)
And yes, those are great parts cars. Lots of pristine looking pieces on those!

Just realize IF you ever want to sell, 99% of the possible buyers, consider it a parts car.

I had wanted to build a more door Mopar of some flavor for years. Then about 2 years ago, I got 64 Bel 318 poly, good runner, PO had rebuilt the front end, on trade I had zero in the car. Nothing. I replaced the windshield, I did all the body /paint (It already had a full MD floorpan installed), most of interior.run drove great! Good title. I sold my 64 Savoy and decided to sell this Bel. It took a year to get $2500 out of it and the buyer drove from Ne to Tx for it as it was a "steal". Yea I went in the hole. He made a 6.4 hemi car out of it!

Friend of mine had a 69 Dart 4 door 15 years ago. He was divorced and trying to date... got rid of it cause the women wern't impressed. I told him "well ya look like an old pervert pulling up in it..." isn't like it was a Swinger or A body Barracuda ...we were 40 at the time :lol:

I wil say though I like the beak car version of the 4 door its more plush where the 60s early 70s cars were spartan. The mid 70s cars seemed to have better carpet A/C and woodgrain trim, the seats seemed more padded with fold down armrests etc. I would take a beak car 4 door with a 318 and ralley wheels I think thats cool to see these days.

Last edited:
-
Back