Does anyone make wide 14" tires anymore?

-

'teen machine

Reaction score
Does anyone make a wide 14" tire these days? I know M/T makes the Indy Profile in a 345/50-14, But I'd like to go with Radials. I have GR50-14 Goodrich's now and I love the look but they're so rotten and cracked.:violent1:

Running 14s is kinda tricky. The widest radial street tire made right now is the BFG Radial T/A in 245-60-14. Thatll put your max wheel size at about 14x8 unless you like the "stretched tire" look which isnt really for everybody. I recently switched to that set up on my car but I ran 14x10s for the longest time.
Now, if you really wanna put in some work and take a small risk (thats what I do), you can hit your local swap meets and look for old tires like the Mickeys and Remingtons and old BFGs, etc. I was running 14x10 slotted mags on the back of my old 440 Duster and also my soon to be 440 Demon until just recently. If your really carefull, you can have some pretty good luck. Im on my at least 9th pair of old tires and ive only been let down once. All the others lasted until they were totally bald. That being said, if I ever had to go some place far or if I was heading to my local Run-Whatchya-Brung, the 15s would go on for sure but other than that my 14s did just fine. Another plus, so few people run wide 14" tires that ive always gotten good deals. So thats my $.02 on the matter. In the last couple of weeks I sold off all my slotted mags and i actually have a pair of wide 14" tires left over. If you want them, you can have them for free, just pay for the ride. I dont recall the size off the top of my head but if youre interested ill go take a look and snap some pics for ya. Good Luck!

Funny you should bring this up. I was just looking for some front tires for my barracuda today. The rears are Cooper Cobra's that I bought a couple years ago (225/60-14) so I was trying to find some 215/60-14's for the front. (I had 13's on front, but recently sold them, so the front has been on jackstands waiting to get tires). Cooper discontinued most of their 14" tires, so I had to get some BFG's. I don't like having 2 different kinds of tires, but it'll have to do for now. I have never had a problem getting odd size Coopers, including the previous 13's until now.

I have looked high an low for wide 14s and the best I can find and my next rear meats are..............................................................................A SECRET :bootysha:

-
Back