Don't kill me!

-
That happens to me at car shows too; my class is usually nothing but camaros and a few mustangs; they all look the same only different colors. I think the judges and participant voters get tired of looking at the same cars because I end up pulling trophies away from them...crappy paint job and all.

x2

The Mustangs are light on their feet with a pretty amount of horse power. Kids can do burn outs, race down the streets until they wrap it around a tree. I've seen a lot of Mustangs sitting in junk yards because they have been wrecked.

The Highway Patrol used to have them but got rid of them because they was to light in the rear.

As i figured. I'd say we all were just having fun as i was and 72 did come back and talk to us. If ya want a Mus.....opps.... i almost capitalized it...If you want a mustang, buy one. I've got my eyes on.......here we go, i'm putting on the fire suit.......a "Bug Eyed Sprite"......watch this 72....get the rope and i want you to use Mikes tree.....it's closer to where i was born down in Walnut Ridge. Now that I have discovered my biggest problem in life i can begin to deal with it and that is.....I'm having difficulty getting my wife and girlfriend to get along....Oh at the problems us good men encounter. You guys have a good day.
Small Block

x2

The Mustangs are light on their feet with a pretty amount of horse power. Kids can do burn outs, race down the streets until they wrap it around a tree. I've seen a lot of Mustangs sitting in junk yards because they have been wrecked.

The Highway Patrol used to have them but got rid of them because they was to light in the rear.

I've heard that as well, my friends older brother said they were everywhere back in the late 90's but kids have been wrapping em around polls so much that it's hard to find one (at least here) without any body damage.

Remember what happened with the pinto? They moved the gas tank to the side, slapped some new skin on it and Voila....It morphed into the Foxbox.

Mustangs.........so so so unimaginative....If you wanna roll in neon spandex and listen to Warrant and Winger at least try to be original with your car.
No camaro's, Monte Carlo's, Trans Am's or Mustangs.

If you love the 80's so much and are a true MOPAR MAN why not get an OMNI or a Daytona Shelby Turbo and drop a 360 & 8-3/4 into it.

Personally If I had to I would rather own a Maverick or Comet from the 70's.
If your gonna drive a ford at least make it a truck or something you don't see every day.....that or an Omni :)

Remember what happened with the pinto? They moved the gas tank to the side, slapped some new skin on it and Voila....It morphed into the Foxbox.

Mustangs.........so so so unimaginative....If you wanna roll in neon spandex and listen to Warrant and Winger at least try to be original with your car.
No camaro's, Monte Carlo's, Trans Am's or Mustangs.

If you love the 80's so much and are a true MOPAR MAN why not get an OMNI or a Daytona Shelby Turbo and drop a 360 & 8-3/4 into it.

Personally If I had to I would rather own a Maverick or Comet from the 70's.
If your gonna drive a ford at least make it a truck or something you don't see every day.....that or an Omni :)

Daytona Shelby Turbo....yummmmmmm

BTW....I agree that this forum is about opinions and having fun..

In the short time I have been on I have been kidded with and mock threatened and blasted for weak and making wishy washy statements.

You really need to be a bit more thick skinned and get a sense of humor to hang here.

It's true that what you consider as a car is really nothing more than an unsafe pile of horse droppings....I know cause I owned one while I was restoring a B body in the 80's.

Those cars are dangerous and unstable at any speed over 30 and if there is any moisture on the ground plan on seeing your bumper pass you on every corner.

That being said......LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS.

And Dad.....I will assume your son is at least 16....you need to let him fight his own battles now......save your rage for the war soldier. I guarantee that you have raised him and taught him well enough that he is ready and can handle the cat calls.

Its bad enough that he's talking about rustangs on a MOPAR site.....You don't want him getting the moniker "Daddy's boy" as well do you?

Mop....father of a son as well and believer in humorous insults.

Well you never really can tell humor from a computer... And You should never wish harm to another person even if it was joking......And i will continue to like mustangs.....but i will never trade in my dart for one. Ill end up having both. the mustang as a DD and the dart for smoking all the others......And id love to have a daytona But you cant ever find one...

Now your talking......nothing wrong with a beater car....even if it is a ford.

Even I have an old International truck that I use when the weather is crappy......It has a lot in common with the crustangs as you can see.

Breathe....a lot of us are multitasking, 16hr+adayworking, raising a family and getting heat about our hobby from our spouses kinda guys so we vent and snarl like hungry dogs.....if you don't see the hair on our backs standing tall then there is no need to worry:)

Mop

100_1330w.jpg

Don't get too hasty about knocking somebody with a Mustang.........
When I got my 04 to take over from my Dakota R/T as a daily driver, the guys in the local mopar club gave me all kinds of crap.
My question to them....what does Mopar sell that is V8, 5 speed, rear wheel driver, gets good mileage and is fun todrive ?? NUTHIN !!!
Sure the original undercarriage may go back to the Fairmont but the A-body goes back to the Lancer.

I have 88k miles on the Mustang and to date, other than 2 sets of tires and oil changes I have had to replace one (1) light bulb!
It tows my motorcycles in excess of 130, averages over 22 mpg with me driving and still has the original 5 1/2 year old battery.

Don't get too hasty about knocking somebody with a Mustang.........
When I got my 04 to take over from my Dakota R/T as a daily driver, the guys in the local mopar club gave me all kinds of crap.
My question to them....what does Mopar sell that is V8, 5 speed, rear wheel driver, gets good mileage and is fun todrive ?? NUTHIN !!!
Sure the original undercarriage may go back to the Fairmont but the A-body goes back to the Lancer.

I have 88k miles on the Mustang and to date, other than 2 sets of tires and oil changes I have had to replace one (1) light bulb!
It tows my motorcycles in excess of 130, averages over 22 mpg with me driving and still has the original 5 1/2 year old battery.

1219344359857.jpg

Yea....I think its time to change this forum to WHATS SO GREAT ABOOT MUSTANKS....or nothing here.

The blasphamy...the injustice.....The piles of flaking metal...

I have to go to the Ford dealer now and puke in all the new shelby's that line the parking lot along the highway....they have 10 black ones, 3 blue ones, 4 yellow ones and 6 silver ones.....so many choices, so many choices.

Nuthin?.....yes it's hard to see the badging on the back of the new Challengers through all the tire smoke.....look hard it's pulling away fast.

Why don't you go to this website and you can see one sitting still.

http://www.dodge.com/en/2009/challe...=30092830&KWNM=dodge challenger&KWID=23901892

This has a V8 and a 6 speed and it eats mustangs for snacks....you can tell by the smell of the horse dung that comes out of the tail pipes.

why not have both ???? i have a 67 ford bronco that may be going away for a 65 mustang and i have my dart just drive the ford daily and keep the mopar nice for weekends:snakeman:

ding ding ding ... winner ...

lots of narrow minded people here ...

not that a 90 fox body is on any list of mine as a must have ...

ding ding ding ... winner ...

lots of narrow minded people here ...

not that a 90 fox body is on any list of mine as a must have ...

Not narrow minded, if I didn't have a Mopar I would be content with this. I am Mopar to the core but there's something about this car that I love...

mump_0611_01z+1970_ford_mustang_mach_1+drivers_side_view.jpg

Hmm.. Now I almost feel bad about having an 02 Mustang as my daily driver, and an 1980 Firebird with a 400 as my "other" project.

Of course, just this weekend I offered to trade both the firebird and the mustang for a 1969 Charger with a 440.. SO, I guess that's where my allegiance lies. :D

Not narrow minded, if I didn't have a Mopar I would be content with this. I am Mopar to the core but there's something about this car that I love...

mump_0611_01z+1970_ford_mustang_mach_1+drivers_side_view.jpg
I hear ya! I love all american Muscle especially Mopars, but you have to admit a Raven black 70 Mach 1 is damn sexy! And you dont see them everywhere.

I agree. But come on guys at least i want muscle and not some civic =) and thanks this has gotten 114 posties to it. that goes twords the 500,000 mark. =)

Well you never really can tell humor from a computer... And You should never wish harm to another person even if it was joking......

Amen. I have very course sense of humor that is all in fun and comes across as harsh in person, if you don't know me. I learned a long time ago to not even attempt it in a forum. With all the negativity in this thread (joking or not) I'd like to say something positive. To mopar65....Thank you for serving!!

Now....who likes Obama?!?!!? :banghead:

Thats great....Well i got what i wanted out of this. i was initially using this tactic to get everyone hyped up to type sumthing to get to 500,000 posts cmon did ya guys think id trade a 72 thats worth DOUBLE of what a running fox body is. the way my 72's sitting on blocks is worth more than a running fox body. cmon guys get real thought you knew me. but i didnt take kindly to most of the comments being said but hey who cares its all fun n games right? =)

-
Back