Drag racing total timing,Eddy heads

-
That's 1970-1980's thinking. Converters are much better on cruise with higher stall/flash than the old marshmellow units. Plenty of guys have higher stall units (true 3800-4500) that run LESS rpm on the highway than a shelf 3K converter. That's what you spend the money for when buying a converter.

I'm not a fan of PTC for many reasons. Anyways, I hope they make it with plenty of stall and tight on cruise.
Hey guys.I got a phone call from Lenny at Dynamic converters.Nice of him to make the call from N.Carolina.I filled out a tech sheet on-line yesterday and he responded today.Thats good customer service.And he asked in detail about the engine ,cam and gears ,car use ,weight ect.He also suggested a 9.5" with garantee for life deal.He did say that
his hand built unit will allow me to "whack the throttle"with stall way above the TCI -3400 to 4500 yeah!!(depending on engine)launch hard and get a much better 60ft.and the car would perform better overall while being tight enough to street drive without excessive heat.Plus more fun!( i have a large cooler)Billet hi-end build and therefore more money.A little pricey,especially with my schedule coming up-kids,insurance-birthdays and Christmas soon enough.But it's down to these 2 companies.no need to look further.I've gone this far and the converter is the missing link to 11 sec. bliss.Thanks to you fellows for the tips.

You'll be very happy with that converter, MarkyDart.
I have a Dynamic in the same basic configuration. It drives like my 2012 Ram R/T on the street, and bangs out 4500 rpm at the tree.
Let us know how it works out ! I'll be the first with a prediction. 11.90 @ 111

I picked up 2/10ths with my modded 850DP (4781) over the 750dp it came with, this was on a stock block/2.02 headed '71 340, HSD single plain, +2" spacer, 50cc front pump, milled choke tower, extended shooters, pink cam etc., noticeable torque increase as well....try it again once you get a better verter in their.

I went from a 750 to a well tuned 950HP on my 360.
Noticable increase in torque with the 950, it wasn't as snappy off the line but as soon as the RPM came above 1,500 it was ON. I think with a good converter that allowed a higher stall it would have been the hot ticket.
Now have twin 660s but the car is completely torn apart for a rebuild so cant say what I like more..

I agree wholeheartedly with Crackedback and his converter suggestions. If your PTC is not doing the job now, why buy another one ??
My point, I have a similar combo as you, albeit a 904, the Turbo Action 10" I just sold went 1.60 60', and my new Dynamic 9.5 just went 1.50 with the wrong carb. Dynamic's, or Ultimates are more money, but well worth it.

Only heard good things about Lenny.

The only complaint i have with my "Ultimates Convert" (Lenny's)is i cant get it to hook any more.:D
It was a more money, but i don't regret it at all! I will buy my next one from him! AND thank crackedback for recommending them to me.!!!!
Better 60', 1.86s to 1.707 better ET 7.99 to 7.86 more mile per hour 86.5 to 87 and now go threw the traps at 5500 rpm. old converter i was at 5800 rpm.
To me, that says a lot about the converter. Oh and also he said 4200 rpm stall and it stall at 4200
This all happen in one race. once i get my suspension all lined out there will be better 60" then that. better ET's when it runs in a good air day!!!

So.I sold some parts and built a kitty up.After exchange rates and taxes I cannot afford the Ultimate or Dynamic.That simple.Thats plus$600 over the U.S. price.Hey I know ya gotta pay to play.After talking to a few companies I just ordered a 9.5" from Andre at Edge Converters.Had two long conversations (one hour total)with him and he called me both times.Outstanding personal service.He explained his concepts for building my unit (9.5" 3600 Street Edge)and asked twice on just about every detail about the car,engine and even my driving techniques.Super nice chap.
I did call PTC.That call was very brief with me doing all the talking,maybe a 3 minute chat.Not one question was asked.He did not ask about trap rpm,cam specs.mph,launch style-ft. brake ,rpm ect.I supplied the info.He gave me a price and build time and that was it.Must have been a busy morning or off mood-whatever.Everyone has their good and ho hum days .After all the great things others have said about PTC- so I know they are great people'it just made my decision that much easier.My new 'vert will take a week.He does use very good internal parts,usually found on more expensive units.Hope the weather holds so I get to try out my new Edge 9.5.Hey,I forgot to mention the standard 2 year warrantee-is standard but Andre said that will go on for many years past that..Thats good in my books.

Last edited:
Yes I think so as I've been asking around and the forum feedback is positive..He will set it up to flash to 3600 and promises less trap rpm improving my et.Also included is all the correct bolts.You know that TCI are too cheap to include the vert bolts (with that converter)and they were an odd small size.i had to go to a fasterner shop as the local auto shops here did not stock that size.

Andre makes a good converter. He tends to go lower than I would on flash.

I am sure TCI will custom make you a converter....LOL....I am sure any converter company will make you a Custom converter...

I agree wholeheartedly with Crackedback and his converter suggestions. If your PTC is not doing the job now, why buy another one ??
My point, I have a similar combo as you, albeit a 904, the Turbo Action 10" I just sold went 1.60 60', and my new Dynamic 9.5 just went 1.50 with the wrong carb. Dynamic's, or Ultimates are more money, but well worth it.
I agree and i have had both ultimate and Dynamic as well. Both excellant verts. 5000 stall with 6% slippage thru the traps. Cruises real nice .

-
Back