Drag Truck Part 2 "blackmark redemption"

-
Competition is getting tougher on our block, the kid up the road just bought a newer Camaro SS manual and it's got aftermarket exhaust. LOL. Need to get the drag truck a hum'n LOL

Competition is getting tougher on our block, the kid up the road just bought a newer Camaro SS manual and it's got aftermarket exhaust. LOL. Need to get the drag truck a hum'n LOL
I wouldn't worry about a new Camaro, let alone a new Mopar or Ford. LOL :D
If you build it, IT WILL RUN. :thumbsup:

Just thinking, I posted Joe Diffie's song "Pickup Man" March 15 (post 221), shortly after he would be dead from COVID-19.... Not good :(

So many threads about COVID-19, the Drag Truck thread is a place of happiness but rats, I pulled a video of him in this thread and this happens.

Just thinking, I posted Joe Diffie's song "Pickup Man" March 15 (post 221), shortly after he would be dead from COVID-19.... Not good :(

So many threads about COVID-19, the Drag Truck thread is a place of happiness but rats, I pulled a video of him in this thread and this happens.

Don't be too rough on yourself I don't think you caused it.

:)

DSCN2786.JPG

How's The Little engine that could?..
We've made some more progress on the truck. Been super busy the past 3 weeks and had to take care of some things that are on the front-burner in life. Things are slowly getting back to normal (whatever normal will look like going forward) and I will be checking in and update the progress on this project. I try to keep FABO about cars. :)

We've made some more progress on the truck. Been super busy the past 3 weeks and had to take care of some things that are on the front-burner in life. Things are slowly getting back to normal (whatever normal will look like going forward) and I will be checking in and update the progress on this project. I try to keep FABO about cars. :)
I hear you, I try to keep this about the cars and stuff like that to get away from my daily worries of family life...
Any pictures of your latest progress?..

I hear you, I try to keep this about the cars and stuff like that to get away from my daily worries of family life...
Any pictures of your latest progress?..
We pulled more weight out of it, should be down to about 3550 or a tad less. Also we have the headers installed, just need to run pipes and mufflers off the collectors. On the hedders, wow, I just dropped the passenger side in from the top without even taken the oil filter off. I let go of it and it fell to the ground underneath! No need to loosen any motor mounts either. Yeah, trucks have their advantages... LOL. I guess I haven't taken any pictures of anything, but I will have to do that. I think were going to put together a new video for my youtube channel and I can post that as well.

Last edited:
Have yall got the 5.9 magnum in it yet or still have the 318?

Last edited:
Did you ever post a picture of his truck?

Not yet, it is just a plain white 85 with a few dents and a little (for Indiana) rust. The previous owner painted the whole grille and front bumper black, and the paint is peeling off. It still has full hub caps on it, and way too small of tires on the back!

Too much stuff around it now for pics, will post some once we get it running.

We need some new pictures of the "Dreamweaver"... :poke:...
Outside of the headers, nothing really new to "look" at. Manual steering now, but I think I might have posted a pix of that?? Can't remember.

-
Back