Duster Rear Window Louvers

-
the louvers on that duster are clearly bolt on and not part of the fiberglass body mold . im wondering if there is a way to contact the owner of that flopper
Mongoose McEwen? He retired about 20 years ago, don't think he'd be able to give us much input:D

also, I bet the lines don't really follow the stock lines well enough to be any help to us either...

Mongoose McEwen? He retired about 20 years ago, don't think he'd be able to give us much input:D

also, I bet the lines don't really follow the stock lines well enough to be any help to us either...

yea , i was thinking about the lines not being the same. oh well, it was a thought lol

Hey guys finally back at home an online again, for a short time.. Thought I would bump this.. Leanna I read your email, kinda uncanny again.. LOL about me asking at the same time you had an answer about getting with your friend.. Have ya heard anything from him to "Dazzle" all of us??

yea , i was thinking about the lines not being the same. oh well, it was a thought lol
there's an old camaro sitting a couple blocks from my house with a set of rear louvers- I was almost thinking about making a dark trip over to get them and see if they could be a starting point.

ok not really:D

there's an old camaro sitting a couple blocks from my house with a set of rear louvers- I was almost thinking about making a dark trip over to get them and see if they could be a starting point.

ok not really:D
no. really LOL ssshhhh, i wont say a word :angel10:

there are some louvers for sale here. 1100.00 bucks. waaay too rich for my blood. here is a pic for reference. these are the same design as the ones in the pics on pages 1 and 2

Attachments

• 115.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 342
  • 105.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 340
You know those look like they might be a little easier to make than I thought, getting the right angle and putting all the ends in a piece that seems to be folded over.. Wish I had some aluminum to play with!
Thanks for the reply Leanna... We're all still waiting to see what you or anyone else can conjor up...

Those rear louvers actually look very simple in construction... hmm...

anybody have better pictures of some side louvers? Are they made the same way?

Those rear louvers actually look very simple in construction... hmm...

anybody have better pictures of some side louvers? Are they made the same way?

so far , no one has been able to show a pic of any aftermarket side window louvers. the only ones we know of came from JC whitney back in the day, but no pics as of yet. and yes the rear ones look fairly simple but i sure as crap would never pay 1100 bucks for them. maybe the same company that made the rear ones, made some side louvers (Sunshades) . but the search continues....

i still have my cardboard louver. i think im going to make another one, blast them with undercoating, and hot glue them to my windows LOL, thats how bad i want some...

-
Back