Duster Rear Window Louvers

-
i would kill to the original listing for those in a JCWhitney catalogue..lol let alone a set of them in person. i can see it now ... an original JCW set popping up on Eghey for 800.00 starting bid ...

do you guys still have the pics of them on the duster??

I do have pics of them on my dad's duster, circa 1983 (complete with my dad in his prime, all muscle bound with long hair) but I don't have a way to scan them. My scanner uses an LPT (printer) port, which has all but become extinct. none of my computers even have an LPT port (everything is usb these days)

I'm gonna see if I can find an LPT to USB adapter so I can hook up my scanner, I know they make Serial to USB adapters (have one for my Dexdrive for my Playstation, who here remembers the Dexdrive? :D ) so they probably make LPT adapters too.

I do have pics of them on my dad's duster, circa 1983 (complete with my dad in his prime, all muscle bound with long hair) but I don't have a way to scan them. My scanner uses an LPT (printer) port, which has all but become extinct. none of my computers even have an LPT port (everything is usb these days)

I'm gonna see if I can find an LPT to USB adapter so I can hook up my scanner, I know they make Serial to USB adapters (have one for my Dexdrive for my Playstation, who here remembers the Dexdrive? :D ) so they probably make LPT adapters too.

can you take a pic of the pic in some good light and see how that might work? im really curious how these things looked from the aftermarket back in the day

^I've had pretty good results simply taking a picture of a picture- if you have a decent SLR that works surprisingly well.

edit- 73 made the same suggestion while I was typing lol.

Tried taking a picture, my camera isn't bad (great resolution) but the picture just comes out as a white spot where the picture would be. I'm guessing the glare from the actual photo is messing with the camera, since it tries to auto correct lighting problems.

OR I could go dig around in the back of the garage for one of my old Windows 98 computers, which have LPT ports and scan the pictures with that :D

See, I bet nobody ever expected to hear the phrase 'so glad I kept my dinosaur computer' :D With a blazing fast 233mhz processor and 256mb of ram, it was worth keeping :D Thankfully it does have usb ports, so i can load the scanned pictures on to my pendrive.

I'm also searching google to see if I can find an old JCwhitney catalog that might have a part number in it for the Louvers. You never know, they might still have some of them collecting dust in a warehouse somewhere.

^I've had pretty good results simply taking a picture of a picture- if you have a decent SLR that works surprisingly well.

edit- 73 made the same suggestion while I was typing lol.

lol i got worked up when i read 74 has some pics..

OR I could go dig around in the back of the garage for one of my old Windows 98 computers, which have LPT ports and scan the pictures with that :D

See, I bet nobody ever expected to hear the phrase 'so glad I kept my dinosaur computer' :D With a blazing fast 233mhz processor and 256mb of ram, it was worth keeping :D Thankfully it does have usb ports, so i can load the scanned pictures on to my pendrive.

you are right about that one:D i cant count how many of those ive tossed lol.

Could you photoshop these on my car? I am very interested

Attachments

• 3274250090_large.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 298
Okay I'm over on Ebay, I have found a 1972-73-75 catalogs from JC Whitney, what years do we think we need to look at..

-
Back