Duster was totalled

-
I'm so sorry you're going thru this. Very important to keep a daily log of every problem this guy is causing you. Pain (yours and your son's,) time and money lost and spent, EVERYTHING!

Wow, that really sucks but am happy to hear that you and your son are ok, you can always find another car. Your story made my heart sink, hearing these things is tough, looking at pictures would be harder. I hope everything gets sorted out and you can salvage some stuff from your car. Be sure to watch your son closely and take him out for a special day with dad and do something fun, good luck, Keith.

sorry to hear about your car.glad everyones ok though.cars can be replaced people cant

Glad to hear you were both ok, that is the most important thing.

This is my BIGGEST fear when driving my old cars. I got rear ended once by a guy doing 55 and he admitted he didn't even touch his brake pedal. He shoved me into the car in front of me and so on, ended up being a 5 car accident.

Don't write the car off yet though, especially if it is sentimental to you. Anything can be fixed if you put your mind to it, it's easy to just get another body but it's true love when you fix what no one else would.

Glad to hear you and your son are alright.Hopefully you will not have to fight the Insurance company to much.
Jim

sorry for your loss its good thats you and your son are okay. sounds like the duster served you well.

Russell -
SOOO sorry to hear about your tragic accident yesterday but VERY happy to that both you and your son are OK. That's the main thing. Make sure there's lots of funds to build a new Duster after all the lawsuits are settled from this one.
Again, great to hear both of you are OK.
It was good to meet you and your kids at Fall Fling yesterday and talk with GTXperiance and HawaiiDuster as well.
Hang in there and keep your FABO family up to date on prosecuting the bum.

..........Glad u and ur son r ok..........u guys may have whiplash......i would see a doctor real soon, ....good luck.......u can and will fix/replace ur car.....kim..........

THAT SUXS A.. words can not explain. so sorry your your loss, the car, the day all the years of work etc.

But I am glad you guys pulled through OK!

Dang man,

Glad you guys are okay and I don't want to see the pics.

Some advice......If your neck hurt or is stiff in the slightest, you better pusue treatment and documentation because chances are it will linger for the rest of your life.

I got rear ended a few years back and mine and my Wife's neck have been problematic ever since.

Real Sorry to hear about your accident. Glad to hear you and your son are alright. I cruised by you on the 210 yesterday afternoon after the show and gave a big thumbs up. Was a beautiful car, and I'm sure the next one you build will be just as beautiful. Looks like you've got a nice father-son project coming up soon.

Like many of the others have said...

Sorry to hear about the accident. Really glad that you and your son were able to walk away without a major injury! The car can be replaced, but lives can not!! Good luck as you go through this tough time.

Hopefully this works. Thanks everybody for their support & kind words during this difficult time. My son is 7, seems to be fine today. Because of his mild autism & being a boy,when he was taken off the back board & the neck brace taken off, he was running around like nothing ever happened. He had so much energy from laying still for 4 hours, he had to burn it off. I gave up trying to get him to relax cuz it wasn't working. My left hand hurts today, I guess from holding the wheel so tight & I'm left handed. I'll try again with pics. I sent some to OCdart from the scene, hopefully he can get them loaded up. I still can't get the pics loaded, keep getting a invalid post message

Russell,
I am speechless...I am definitely glad that you and your son are OK. Your duster was awesome. You painted that car something like 14-17 years ago and it looked like you just painted it last week.
I would go after the company, then the guy personally for anything you can, especially if he has DUI's previously. If you need a professional appraisal for the value of your car, PLEASE do not hesitate to call/PM me. I will do whatever I can to help.

Very happy to hear that everyone is ok. As for the duster I am sorry to hear about ur loss I will see if any of my family has a car.

Here's the pics from Russell's cellphone....

rlk340accident1.jpg

rlk340accident2.jpg

Sorry for your loss man, glad to hear you and your son at least seem to have come out of it OK. I almost got hit head on by a minivan on my way to the track the other day because of some idiot, can't imagine how angry I would be.

ETA: just saw the pics. Aw man, what a heart breaker, that Duster was beautiful, save as much as you can.

Seeing it coming is indescribable, been there.

It's not like a cherry duster doesn't stand out in a crowd [draw attention]
For the guy to NOT see it or have it NOT catch his eye is impossible.

Glad you both are all right.

I almost started crying when I saw those pictures :/. Hope you find another duster and best wishes to you and your son.

I just can't believe the damage! Glad you and your son didn't get seriously hurt. I know how it is to loose a car.

Fred B

-
Back