ebay 64 valiant crack pipe is flowing

-

VDART

Reaction score
what do you members think of this ebay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_975

I was going to send a message to the seller -- but just said heck with it--
not sure where the basis for this price comes from-- but, really!!
Let's just say some very nice cars have sold for way less than this ebayer's asking $$. $15k come on!!

If it is a member on here I sure hope that it was a typo -- or at least tell us that the wife is making you sell it!!
Lawrence

I may be wrong, but I find it hard to believe that there were only 500 V8 Valiants produced in 1964.

Also, and again I may be wrong, but the VIN doesn't seem to be kosher. I didn't think Valiant VIN's started with a V until 1966.

$15k for that thing? lmao.. that thing better be show room condition for 15k... looks like a $1500-3k car to me.

Put the crack pipe down and step away. That is steep for that car.

I am calling BS on his "1 OF 500 CARS WITH A V8 ENGINE IT".

Please. who told you that? the same diphole that told you the car was worth $15k. Unless of course the car is made of gold and diamonds.

There are plenty of people out there who are dreaming about what their car is worth...this appears to be one of those people.

It's the Layson's catalog in the trunk that makes it worth that much $$$.

redbeard.gif
lolsign.gif

Wow way too much for that thing but i was like that selling my first car i asked 5000 more than what it was sold for in the end

I may be wrong, but I find it hard to believe that there were only 500 V8 Valiants produced in 1964.

You're not wrong. But this might very well be one of 500 red 1964 Valiant V100 2-door sedans ordered with the optional accessory parking brake warning light! :roll:

This isn't even a little bit close to a $15k car. $1000 to $2500, maybe. The "brand new" paint is suspiciously chalky, the back seat's upholstery is generic and incorrect, the front seat's a hastily-covered-up mess, the sideview mirror is generic and wrong, the windshield gasket and lockstrip are, um, in need of attention, there's no trunk mat, the chrome bumpers and emblems are pitted, and that's just the defects I see with a casual 10-second glance.

the VIN doesn't seem to be kosher. I didn't think Valiant VIN's started with a V until 1966.

V8 Valiants got "V" VINs starting in '64; 6-cylinder Valiants got "1" until the VIN protocol was revised for '66. (V8 Darts got "L"; \6 Darts got "7"):

64_VIN_Breakout.png

Also, and again I may be wrong, but the VIN doesn't seem to be kosher. I didn't think Valiant VIN's started with a V until 1966.

VINs starting in V is correct for '64. My '64 Barracuda with a 273 starts with V44xxxxxxx. He say that paint is new? It doesn't look all that good in these pictures. And I don't think it's worth that much either.

The car looks to be in very good condition,but the paint is not new thats for sure.Sure would make a nice HotRod,maybe $3k tops if it,s rust-free.JMO

Well....the way I see it, a person has the right to ask whatever they want. They crack pipe would come in for those who buy something at an extremely inflated price. JMO.

**** if thats worth that much then my 64 V8 model is gotta be just as much...Not.

I do remember reading some were there where 12-1500 V8 cars made in 64....

Hell, It can't hurt to ask. Let them talk you down and still get more than it's worth. All I know for sure is I'm not buying!

I'll give him .50 cents for it. I'm Cheap,what can I say.

I got this 64 Valiant convertible for $8,000, and I thought I overpaid for it, but I liked it... still do. 360/727/8.75.

Attachments

• P8287865.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 209
Yeah, the guy is dreaming or fishing. He'll realize that when the auction ends without a bid. I don't know how common a V100 is with a V8. I figure the V200 and Signet would be more likely to have one. This one was probably a radio delete car originally as someone put the antenna on the wrong side. It's also missing one of the plastic cowl plugs.

nonono he needs to show proof of what hes saying . he relly needs to show the odom and be abal to back it up . im sorry but the odom dot lie if the number are strate as a arrow then yeah it be worth more $ but not that much o i forgot the custoum paint and perfect chrome and and and and and bs

-
Back