ebay 65 barracuda stored for years!!

-
I spy a 1966 trunk prop rod, wonder if it was a late 65 build and a few got that?

Does the lack of rivets holding the VIN tag in place making anyone else nervous?

[-X

Did they make V8 Barracudas with a 3 speed on the column and a single reservoir master cylinder? I must admit, I'm not that knowledgeable about these yet. I'm still learning.

Did they make V8 Barracudas with a 3 speed on the column and a single reservoir master cylinder? I must admit, I'm not that knowledgeable about these yet. I'm still learning.

They sure did, and all 66-older cars had a single master cylinder

I live within 20-30 minutes of Bolingbrook if anyone needs me to look it over for them PM me.

What I saw was wrong alternator relay, plug wires and routing of the wire harness for the alternator.

I don't like it being a "converted commando" instead of an original one, and they are trying to get the price of a Formula S, which it isn't.

Don't like it don't buy it.

I don't like it being a "converted commando" instead of an original one, and they are trying to get the price of a Formula S, which it isn't.

X2

Also, the seller needs to take pictures of the vehicle from all angles, you can't even see how the car sits or what style wheels it has.

I personally do not know of anyone who hasn't changed a few things on their original 65 anycar. Some wires just have to be done correctly. Now as far as the rivits, my 65 Barracuda had both plates done with tiny screws straight from the factory when it was bought from Hollywood Chrysler Plymouth. I remember this because in the early 80's I done a complete repaint while I was working in Vegas and both the body guy and I talked about it..

My 65 Coronet doesn't have rivets either. Neither did my 65 Valiant.

Looks like drivers door hinges are shot. Latch mechanism probably eating the striker post or even worse, break it out of the body.
I suppose that wear would happen while stored in a heated garage if someone opened and closed that door daily.
Pretty paint anyway :)

Looked like there is some paint problems above the rocker panel molding. Could be other paint problems. Windshield washer tank and pump were not reinstalled after repaint. Can't believe driving without one.

Rivets would make me nervous being they didnt have them on these early A bodies.

I beg to differ, My 1966 Barracuda has rivets that have a star shaped head to them that hold on the VIN tag. My fathers 1966 Barracuda did as well. The fender tags are held on with screws.

Perhaps the 1965's are different.

I beg to differ, My 1966 Barracuda has rivets that have a star shaped head to them that hold on the VIN tag. My fathers 1966 Barracuda did as well. The fender tags are held on with screws.

Perhaps the 1965's are different.

Neither my '64, or '65 Barracudas have rivets. That is how the cars were built. It was held on with either spot welds, or glue. If I understand it correctly, '65 was the last year they didn't use rivets. They started using rivets on their cars in '66.

Neither my '64, or '65 Barracudas have rivets. That is how the cars were built. It was held on with either spot welds, or glue. If I understand it correctly, '65 was the last year they didn't use rivets. They started using rivets on their cars in '66.

It is strange how the holes are there. Can anybody provide proof of whatever the truth is?

It's had some door work u can see sanding scratches around the door handle,
It's a pretty car I don't know about 15 though my opinion

My 66 has rivets on vin tag

That explanation makes the most sense. I never paid much attention to the vin tags on other models and the doors are all closed at car shows. Not having the screws or rivets makes me believe the tag was removed for a paint job.

After all that, it's still a pretty nice car.

-
Back