ebay 67 cuda 426 hemi

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
You like that abomination??? First time I saw it I puked a little!

I'll second that mainly because of the grille, headlights, and scoop. And the Corvette suspension. Why do all that work for Corvette suspension when you could get a bolt-in coilover setup from Reilly Motorsports?

i didnt stay long, i gotta outta there when i saw the pics but if that guy built that himself and has to turn around and sell it he just lost a whole lotta money... not - so easy on the eyes... but if thats what ya like i guess haha

Come on guys some folk here seem to have a need to find some kind of fault with anything someone does that is out of the norm. Now I'll give you the fact that the grill is a little iffy but the rest of the ride is nothing less than SWEEEEEET!!!!!! Who wouldn't want to cruzz around in that car and for around 25k!! I'll have close to that in my Dart and still only be half as COOL

I like it. id incorporate the stock turn signals back in the grill but that is pretty high tech.

Yeah, it's impressive yet....I ain't feelin' it. The reserve's gotta be a ba-jillion bucks too, I'll bet...

BTW, don't EVER buy those projector beam "black" headlights. I bought some....and you talk about a joke....I barely made it home without crashing. 2 candles would've worked better.....They have a black inner housing, where it's usually mirrored.....and I guess all that black just absorbs the light......looks pretty tough in the daytime tho'..

ok, i am NOT a fan of the barracuda bodystyle at all, so i am nuetral here. i think that it is a work of art that car. corvette suspension and all. i cannot even imagine the man hours in that car. i would love to take it for a ride though. lol

It sort of looks like a distorted Camero with a Cuda back end.Not saying I hate it.In fact the craftsmanship is top notch. It's a pro touring style car and it's very well done. I really like the drivetrain but I think I would go with an RMS street lynx or XV motorsports suspension. I dont want to bastardize it with chebbie parts that are obvious.

Oh and lose the goofy mirrors already! Put some nice stock ones on.

Yeah, it's impressive yet....I ain't feelin' it. The reserve's gotta be a ba-jillion bucks too, I'll bet...

BTW, don't EVER buy those projector beam "black" headlights. I bought some....and you talk about a joke....I barely made it home without crashing. 2 candles would've worked better.....They have a black inner housing, where it's usually mirrored.....and I guess all that black just absorbs the light......looks pretty tough in the daytime tho'..

The reserve was 25K and it is past the reserve.

I hate the front end but I do like the rest of the car. With a front clip change I would be proud to have it in my shop. I bet it is a real woman getter.

It sort of looks like a distorted Camero with a Cuda back end.Not saying I hate it.In fact the craftsmanship is top notch. It's a pro touring style car and it's very well done. I really like the drivetrain but I think I would go with an RMS street lynx or XV motorsports suspension. I dont want to bastardize it with chebbie parts that are obvious.

Oh and lose the goofy mirrors already! Put some nice stock ones on.

I agree...I wouldn't have wasted my time with the corvette stuff...absolutely much easier to use the RMS stuff...the grill is FUNKY

The grille looks like it's out of a Nova or something, it just looks ugly as hell. That dash..... Wow! Really?! That the best you could come up with?? I'll give you the 'Vette IRS rear, as someone mentioned, those headlights don't work very well, the hood scoop does not flow with ANY lines on the car, and to top it off, the bare metal tranny tunnel pic (very bottom right) is a totally different car!!! Look at the tranny tunnel in the rest of the pics... one of these things is not like the other ;) Change all that and yeah, I'd like the car. :)

I just thought the guy did a real nice job on the car and would love to know how to do work like this to my own someday. I would love to go out and drive this car when I wanted. I guess it's like stock v custom cars /hubcaps v rims .we are all different. Cruising at 100mph try that in your stock 67 dart, ya right in 6th gear.
Didn't even notice the grill, not a big Barracuda fan and don't really know what a 67 is supposed to have . Chevy parts in a mopar ow my gosh!

I'm not real keen on the grill and headlights, but the rest of the car suits me just fine. I would pay $25,000 for that car if I had it.

Jack

Did anyone look at what it went off at $50,001.00. We will see if the guy comes up with the cash to pay for it? better be nice with the comments the new owner might be a new member? I figured I would pay $30,000 for something of this build.

Shoulda kept the barracuda front valance and grilles in there, but as far as customization and effort, that sucker get's an A+.

I'd like to see some video of it tearing up the joint.

Agree on the grille, lost some personality there. But overall seems quite detail-oriented. Love to drive it, not so much on buying though.

Grant

Incredible work no doubt. It is too bad the original grills could not be included. I'm sure he tried but his chassis and engine work apparently did not allow for the originals.

I kinda like he from end. Reminds me of something that would have been a South American or Aussie Mopar. Now that I think of it, the grill is similar to the 65 Darts

For the money, the car was a bargain.
The motor alone would be around the 14 k mark.
Crazy to set reserve at 25.

I think somebody got a good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back