Ebay GT45 + 5.9 Magnum + E85 blow thru

-
Getting closer on finishing up the mini tub. I will never, ever, do another mini tub again, or turbo build! Who am I kidding? I'm a masochist. Still 100 more miles of small stuff to do...and then the passenger side. Sigh...
IMG_6914.JPG
IMG_6917.JPG
IMG_6918.JPG
IMG_6919.JPG

Looks great, awesome job
Thanks bud! The stance is a little too high in the back for my taste though.im going to move the front spring eye to the top hole and see how it looks. And still need to hang the exhaust.

IMG_6952.PNG
I also installed a new pump. It's an AEM rebranded 380lph. I had the Walbro 255. This new one is a noisy bastard but will hopefully flow better. Was $80.00 on EBay.

Did you mount it solid to the frame or with something like this with a isolator, i have a dual one for my bosch pumps.

61TcWKjIwOL._SY355_.jpg

Last edited:
Did you mount it solid to the frame or with something like this with a isolator, i have a dual one for my bosch pumps.

View attachment 1715098492
I wanted to buy one of those clamps but this new pump is too wide, like 72mm in diameter and those Bosch are like 60. So I put together my own mount with aluminum angle and a big hose clamp.

One of the part listers on eBay said and they just might be able to open to the 70mm, but since you made one already, just a thought. Let me know how those pumps work out that thing advertises some good flow numbers.

Since the mini tub, new rear, 3.23s I've made a few blasts from 2nd gear as I log my runs and try to get the Fitech dialed in. The new 380lph pump is holding its own. Car runs straight and feels stable at speed. Through the mufflers the car feels like it's making crazy power and keeps pulling up to 5500 RPM which is my safe max. I've logged as high as 6.5PSI. The sticky MT 295 DRs barely break loose in 2nd and then hook. Can't wait to get this thing to the track!

Okay but turbos are easier on internals so it should handle 10 easy as long as the tune is good.

Okay but turbos are easier on internals so it should handle 10 easy as long as the tune is good.
I'd be really happy if it all held together at 10 pounds. At 6 it's already a handful! I wish somebody else would build a similar combo so we can compare notes. I think these Ebay GT45s are a unique beast. I've been tempted to try a different turbo but this one spools fast and makes gobs of power with my combo. I'm thinking im close to 500hp now at 6psi and 550 would be easy.

Would be nice to compare, once mines built i can only compare the turbos, mines a much different build.

I'd be really happy if it all held together at 10 pounds. At 6 it's already a handful! I wish somebody else would build a similar combo so we can compare notes. I think these Ebay GT45s are a unique beast. I've been tempted to try a different turbo but this one spools fast and makes gobs of power with my combo. I'm thinking im close to 500hp now at 6psi and 550 would be easy.

Ours is similar, tho you have 42 more “
I had my 318 w/ stock pistons/crank, to 10 psi with a 62mm compressor, .84a/r, non intercooled on E85, headers, 904 and 3.55 gear. Spools by 2500

-
Back