Ebay is a crock of crap!

-

340plot

the bushy bush
Reaction score
so, i listed the 66 dart for sale on ther. had a few intrested parties. come home today to see that someone hit the buy it now.
so i go to email them, and see that they joined the site today. also, after hitting the buy it now, they are no longer a registered member........? WTF???????????????????????????

DITTO........For sure...........Not right........you have 2 opportunittys to buy it or not................I just got burned from a buyer myself..........Sent him another item but never got the first one back......A@#hol$s.....

That's why I always require the buyer to have a PayPal account. It decreases the number of scammers.

Most likely it was someone that bid on your car, was going to send you a much larger check than needed, and then want you to wire the remainder of the money somewhere. Totally ripping you off. That's probably why they're no longer registered.

Im sick of buying parts that are not as decribed and they want you the buyer to pay shipping back on your dime.

yea, the guy did send me a message on there for my phone number, and that he was going to send me a cashiers check for the full amount and for shipping.lol

as long as u take the right steps i think ebay is a safe way to pay, and always use paypal, i have had problems as a seller and buyer before, just a few times, but ebay always helped me out to resolve the problem, so i still enjoy using it, i wouldnt let 1 bad experience ruin it

well, now they are telling me that i have to open a claim, when they are the ones who ended my transaction

I dont use it near as much as I used too.

Used to be a lot of folks selling used parts, etc.
Now it seems to be lots more parts "dealers", selling new parts that you can buy lots of other places.

I still find something on there from time to time that I'm interested.

Bought my Dart off ebay from an older guy in California. Turned out ok, car was as described, etc. But that was about 6 years ago, I think theres more scam stuff going on all the time.

just my 2-cents

Ive had no luck with ebay lately, Seems like nothing is selling anymore.

insist on payment by
UNITED STATES POST OFFICE MONEY ORDER
when you get the money order take it and the item to ANY united states post office and they will verify it's authenticity AND cash it on the spot, this way you have CASH IN HAND before you ship them anything, no paypal BS
(ok it doesnt work as well for cars, just smaller things)

Yup it's real tough to sell anything! I recently finally sold my magnum heads here,but it was one hell of a deal:thumblef:. Thanks to patrick btw!and to Fabo for the free add!

Buying something off ebay is expensive for a canadian. Paypal fee's,taxes at the border and bring it across yourself (gas $$) or pay a broker a huge sucka$$ fee,credit card interest etc etc.

Still can sell stuff here and help a brother out. Guy's still need parts etc and I've never had a bad experience with anyone here via transaction! Everyone has been stellar and even as a purchaser I've been treated very well.

Fabo guys seem to have a code of honor,lol!:notworth:

The postal money order ain't safe either as there have been rashes of fake ones. Even Paypal payment can be reversed, so there's always a chance to get ripped off. If somebody wants to screw you, they'll find a way.

Right, but the PayPal account means that they have been verified to a certain extent before they can bid. They need to have a bank account or credit card tied to the PayPal account. That can be faked, too, but at least the guys that want to create an eBay account every day in order to rip you off are left out.

The postal money order ain't safe either as there have been rashes of fake ones. Even Paypal payment can be reversed, so there's always a chance to get ripped off. If somebody wants to screw you, they'll find a way.

a postal money order is ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY GUARANTEED 100% SAFE
if you take it to a US POST OFFICE they will VERIFY IF IT IS REAL and cash it(for real CASH) on the spot there is NO WAY TO GET SCAMMED PERIOD. if it is fake the post office will go after whomever sent it to you WITH A VENGEANCE! as it is a federal crime, the only way you can get stung with a U.S. POST OFFICE money order is if you try and deposit a fake one in your bank account, that is why you take them and cash them at the POST OFFICE with the item to be shipped in hand

step one : have postal employee verify money order is real
step two : cash money order (now you have US currency in hand)
step three : ship package using money you got in step two

you see there is no possible way you can loose

step one : have postal employee verify money order is real
step two : cash money order (now you have US currency in hand)
step three : ship package using money you got in step two

you see there is no possible way you can loose

step four: buyer reports money order as lost or stolen, it takes a few days to process claim, you endorsed the money order and cash it, you are on the hook for the amount the post office gave you

Like it was said before, people will find a way to try and screw you. I had a guy buy a car for cash and 5 out of 18 of his hundred dollar bills were fake! Luckily we were at the bank, and they kept the fake bills, I kept the title and that guy was extremely pissed!!!

My brother got burned on a car and finally got some satisfaction but only after a major hassle. I have decided that I will only sell low value stuff 50 bucks and under so if I get
burned I won't lose any sleep over it.

Sure seems to be a large amount of commercial business Ebag sellers now, hard to find a deal.

Only problem I have had with US POST OFFICE MO is finding an outlet that has enough cash on hand to pay it.

step four: buyer reports money order as lost or stolen, it takes a few days to process claim, you endorsed the money order and cash it, you are on the hook for the amount the post office gave you

Like it was said before, people will find a way to try and screw you. I had a guy buy a car for cash and 5 out of 18 of his hundred dollar bills were fake! Luckily we were at the bank, and they kept the fake bills, I kept the title and that guy was extremely pissed!!!

if the money order is reported lost or stolen the post office will not cash it and you keep your item the post office keeps the money order and opens an investigation, you supply them with the details of the on line transaction and the other party is ARRESTED FOR FRAUD
if the owner reports it after it is cashed the post office HAS the ORIGINAL MONEY ORDER WITH THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER'S NAME AND ADDRESS AND YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS IN THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER'S HANDWRITING

once again there is NO POSSIBLE WAY YOU CAN LOSE

even if they send you a BLANK money order and YOU fill it out once you cash it the other party has NO recourse the post office will NOT DO ANYTHING for you once a money order is cashed
if you buy a money order and loose it and someone finds it and cashes it YOU ARE S.O.L. if you FIND a blank money order on the ground and cash it the purchaser is S.O.L.

if the purchaser reports that you ROBBED them and STOLE the money order you have the details of the online transaction proving your side, they get arrested for attempted fraud, and filing a false report, they "go directly to jail do not pass go do not collect $200"

if some one is going to make a false police report they are more likely to report you stole something untraceable like cash rather than paying you with a money order first

Sure seems to be a large amount of commercial business Ebag sellers now, hard to find a deal.

Only problem I have had with US POST OFFICE MO is finding an outlet that has enough cash on hand to pay it.

that is why they only sell them to a maximum of several hundred dollars, so bigger items may require several money orders, you can also just have the post office verify there authenticity of the money order before depositing them in the bank if the purchase price is higher a certified bank check from a national bank is a good option

point is pay pal is not the best option it does work most of the time but there are better safer options
this also only applies to U.S. POST OFFICE money orders not ones from the corner store

Guess I'll just count my blessings with my Ebay experiences !!!!:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

-
Back