electric bikes?

-
Test rode it 20km (12 miles) and it never even slowed down on position 3 (high, 20mph/ 31km/hr) but the voltage dropped from 61.5 to 55 at the end. How low can the voltage go before you crap out? Motor is 450w 60v. Im making another 5 cell 60v8ah battery pack with a "reserve" switch so when main pack dies, it will have another to at least get him back home or close.

Real bikes. Ride a heavy weight. You don’t have to go as far to get a work out. Sure am glad our trails are relatively flat. :)

23468709-C21E-4B79-8E27-0ED4B32B669C.jpeg

OC Choppers was trying to do something like that before I quit watching those 2 bitches. Not sure how they were gonna do the brakes...

Nice score on the E-bike, mate! Sounds like a sweet find under that tarp. Old-school commuter style with a drum brake? Classic! And hey, kudos for thinking about upgrading the batteries for a better range. Lipo batteries can be a game-changer, but make sure to double-check compatibility with the existing system. Safety first, right?
Oh, and speaking of safety, don't forget about cyclist insurance. It's like having a guardian angel on your rides, especially with the kiddo getting into biking, too. Keep us posted on the upgrades – can't wait to hear how it turns out.

Last edited:
Now my 9 year old wants one. I got a 500W E-lawmower motor and a 7/84 sprocket set off a race cart and his old 16" BMX bike....Hmmm? I kinda like that traction motor that hangs off the seat design.

Around here, more and more of the panhandlers are getting them because they skirt the registration law on liquorsikles! Tell me those leaches aren't making some jack if they can afford those bikes! The telephone and cable guys are finding them taking naps at the phone slicks and cable amps, with the bikes plugged in to recharge. :BangHead:

That's terrible, our slicks dont have AC outlets outside and are triple locked and alarmed. You do see a lot of Obama phones plugged into McDonalds outlets. One reason I quit going there..7 years ago and counting.

My daughter wanted one but we would not let her ride alone so I got the whole family Himiway cruisers. I have not been on a bike sense I was a kid and was not looking forward to it but.....they have been one of the best purchases I have made as far as family fun. 26-30 mph (after the tune lol) We go on 20-30 mile rides and I almost never, ever pedal much at all except for steep hills. Never had a grade around here it could not climb and we can ride them anywhere we want. Beat on mine like I am 14 again and it takes it all. Absolutely love them.
1709243038488.png

I was out near a big Amish community last weekend and those folks ride them everywhere. It was freezing outside with the roads covered in snow and I saw a lot more e-bikes than I did buggies.

I'm telling you they are like fat chicks: loads of fun to ride but you wouldn't want to be seen on one. No shame in my game!

-
Back